Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 170 Likes Search this Thread
12-01-2016, 05:54 AM - 2 Likes   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I might regret jumping in at the last minute for a month that is going to be a major whirlwind for me, but... I need some therapeutic photography time! I've missed you all. <3

I'm in with the K-S2 and M28/2.8 for December (the last 31 days of my quietly successful Project 366!).

12-01-2016, 06:27 AM - 1 Like   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
M28/2.8
That's it; that's kicked me over. 28mm it is for me, and we shall see what my FA turns out in comparison to your M. :-)
12-01-2016, 06:37 AM   #48
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well, now I'm not sure which lens to use. I killed the thought of buying a new lens this month because it's Christmas month, I have kids to play Santa for and I can't do both.

So, I'll ask...... you guys and gals, pick a lens in my signature for me to use this month.
12-01-2016, 06:48 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Well, now I'm not sure which lens to use. I killed the thought of buying a new lens this month because it's Christmas month, I have kids to play Santa for and I can't do both.

So, I'll ask...... you guys and gals, pick a lens in my signature for me to use this month.
I vote for the Sears macro 135/2.8 :-)

---------- Post added 12-01-16 at 07:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
That's it; that's kicked me over. 28mm it is for me, and we shall see what my FA turns out in comparison to your M. :-)
The anticipation is great!

12-01-2016, 06:56 AM   #50
Pentaxian

pick a lens in my signature for me to use this month
Pentax A 50/2.0; I've singled with this one before, but I want to see what someone who's better than I am is capable of doing with it.
12-01-2016, 07:44 AM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I might regret jumping in at the last minute for a month that is going to be a major whirlwind for me, but... I need some therapeutic photography time! I've missed you all. <3

I'm in with the K-S2 and M28/2.8 for December (the last 31 days of my quietly successful Project 366!).
Good to have you back! I've enjoyed your work.
12-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Anyone ever done this with a film camera? I mean, you'd have to wait until the end of the month to post all 31 images... but that'd probably violate the spirit of the thing.

12-01-2016, 08:58 AM   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Anyone ever done this with a film camera? I mean, you'd have to wait until the end of the month to post all 31 images... but that'd probably violate the spirit of the thing.
Some people who home develop and also load their own film cartridges do it in spurts of four or five days. They put, say, ten shots on the roll (to allow for lead and tail), shoot for the working week, then develop, scan and upload.

The important thing is that the image taken on a particular day gets uploaded into the thread for that day.
12-01-2016, 09:10 AM   #54
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I vote for the Sears macro 135/2.8 :-)
Nah. The Sears lens has two spots of fungus inside.

Pentax A 50/2.0; I've singled with this one before, but I want to see what someone who's better than I am is capable of doing with it.
Ok, I'll try that one. I stuck it on the K-50 as I went out to do business this morning but really didn't go anywhere there are interesting subjects.

I have a theme I'm thinking of pursuing for this month but I'll have to check around the two towns I live around. Thinking historical sites.
12-01-2016, 09:11 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Some people who home develop and also load their own film cartridges do it in spurts of four or five days. They put, say, ten shots on the roll (to allow for lead and tail), shoot for the working week, then develop, scan and upload.

The important thing is that the image taken on a particular day gets uploaded into the thread for that day.
Hmm. I could do that. I think I'd do it a bit different as I have a number of 12 exposure rolls. So there'd be three uploads at a minimum.
12-01-2016, 09:19 AM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
I have a number of 12 exposure rolls.
I didn't think they made those any more! Or is yours hand rolled or old stock?

---------- Post added 01-12-16 at 12:52 ----------

really didn't go anywhere there are interesting subjects
With some extension tubes or a Raynox/similar front glass, almost any object can be made interesting. And the A50/2.0 is perfect for tubes (or even reversing rings) that don't transmit data or stopdown control, since it still has the aperture ring.
12-01-2016, 09:29 AM   #57
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

With some extension tubes or a Raynox/similar front glass, almost any object can be made interesting. And the A50/2.0 is perfect for tubes (or even reversing rings) that don't transmit data or stopdown control, since it still has the aperture ring.
Yes that's fine for spring/summer shooting but we're going into winter here. No flowers, and very few bugs (they'd be hibernating).
12-01-2016, 09:52 AM - 2 Likes   #58

I've been debating getting back into SIC but simply have not had the time. It's been a months long build up to our wedding and as of 26 November, I'm now a happily married man . And hopefully one who has a little more time for hobbies now that the wedding is in the rearview mirror. My apologies for the late entry. As I've just uploading a pic for Day 01, I suppose I'm committed for the month. Will be shooting with the K-1 and the SMC K series 28mm f:3.5 to round out the year. Cheers!
12-01-2016, 09:53 AM   #59
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

congratulations on taking the vows....
12-01-2016, 10:11 AM   #60
Veteran Member

I didn't think they made those any more! Or is yours hand rolled or old stock?[COLOR="Silver"]
I have tons of old stock, mostly Fuji Superia 100 and some Konica Minolta ASA 100 film. I snapped it up on eBay some years ago and have been using it whenever I feel like shooting a short roll quickly or to test some new or old film gear.