Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2016, 07:14 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
you could use that too
I have to get some of that to loosen up some screws.

12-02-2016, 08:02 PM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
My ISP was supposed to connect us to the National Broadband Network yesterday. Problem is, they haven't finished the job and now I have no ADSL or land line phone until at least Monday.
I'll keep shooting, but posts and comments will be thin on the ground until further notice.
Sorry to hear that. Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your images again this month. Hang in there!
12-02-2016, 08:54 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
you could use that too
cool. i'll try that later today.
12-02-2016, 09:24 PM - 1 Like   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm a little slow posting my plan for the single challenge. I have Vivatar 28mm / 2.6-16 m42 mount lens that has been gathering dust that I will use. It had an pentax-m 28/2.8 that I love so have not been motivated to see what the vivatar 28 can do. I also picked up a bunch of cheap filters, new ones, at a garage sale that fit the lens so I'll have options as the creativity wanes later in the month.

12-03-2016, 01:34 AM - 1 Like   #80
Veteran Member

I think i figured it out. Had to do some research online. I need to move it back to a, set the aperture, then move to m before taking the shot. Then it works.

But the focus ring can still be stiff. So I'll try and give it a bit of an oil.. just drip some onto a cotton bud and go around the focus ring?

Meanwhile i just bit the bullet on 2 c mount lenses in prep for Q 2017. I'm not sure i did the right thing - it'll come to $100 plus shipping. But it'll save me the agony of trawling ebay and firing up the LBA (she tells herself)...
12-03-2016, 02:04 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
i might regret jumping in at the last minute for a month that is going to be a major whirlwind for me, but... I need some therapeutic photography time! I've missed you all. <3

i'm in with the k-s2 and m28/2.8 for december (the last 31 days of my quietly successful project 366!).

yay! 8)

---------- Post added 3rd Dec 2016 at 08:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Iris Quote
I see a lot of familiar faces...uh..names...

Last time I've joined it was January, did not shoot much in between. But Rense decided to join, so he made me think about it.
I decided to join if I liked one of today's pictures. So I am in with the smc Takumar 55mm

Cool! 8)
12-03-2016, 04:06 AM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
I think i figured it out. Had to do some research online. I need to move it back to a, set the aperture, then move to m before taking the shot. Then it works.

But the focus ring can still be stiff. So I'll try and give it a bit of an oil.. just drip some onto a cotton bud and go around the focus ring?

Meanwhile i just bit the bullet on 2 c mount lenses in prep for Q 2017. I'm not sure i did the right thing - it'll come to $100 plus shipping. But it'll save me the agony of trawling ebay and firing up the LBA (she tells herself)...
Buying lenses to solve your LBA?

While you live your troubles are many, Poor Jerusalem
To conquer death you only have to die...
You only have to die.

- from Jesus Christ Superstar.

12-03-2016, 06:09 AM - 1 Like   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote

But the focus ring can still be stiff. So I'll try and give it a bit of an oil.. just drip some onto a cotton bud and go around the focus ring.
I am no expert. However that sounds like a dangerous plan. If the oil migrates to the glass you will ruin the lens until it can be disassembled and cleaned. The focusing helix is usually greased and that grease dries out over time. The real fix is a tear down, removal of the old lubricants with solvent and then a relube with the correct grease. If it works as is I'd live with it before taking the risk.
12-03-2016, 07:02 AM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The real fix is a tear down, removal of the old lubricants with solvent and then a relube with the correct grease.
I could do that, but i guess Germany is a bit away. Search for some lens dissassembly guides, maybe you get one for that lens too,

I Found out, that often you could open it up just partly to reach a bigger part of the focusing helicoid. Then if you wont diassassemble further, just put a solvent (Benzin or Isoprop) on it, move the helicoid in and out (close-infinity-close) wipe down the grease and repeat until the helicoid is free of grease. then you can put a matching grease on the heliciod (only small amount), move again in and out and the heliciod spreads the grease evenly. I have a matching grease which works well for takumars, helioses and CZJ lenses, but dont know which is best to get in the us (maybe ask eric???). My grease is optical grease from Osim Optics, the type I can tell you if you want.

A quick solution is to put a drop oil and solvent on the helicoid and move. this makes old grease move again, but can migrate elsewhere.
12-03-2016, 07:07 AM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I could do that, but i guess Germany is a bit away. Search for some lens dissassembly guides, maybe you get one for that lens too,

I Found out, that often you could open it up just partly to reach a bigger part of the focusing helicoid. Then if you wont diassassemble further, just put a solvent (Benzin or Isoprop) on it, move the helicoid in and out (close-infinity-close) wipe down the grease and repeat until the helicoid is free of grease. then you can put a matching grease on the heliciod (only small amount), move again in and out and the heliciod spreads the grease evenly. I have a matching grease which works well for takumars, helioses and CZJ lenses, but dont know which is best to get in the us (maybe ask eric???). My grease is optical grease from Osim Optics, the type I can tell you if you want.

A quick solution is to put a drop oil and solvent on the helicoid and move. this makes old grease move again, but can migrate elsewhere.
WolfieGirl is in Australia I think. So whatever the solution it will need to be available there.

Migration is worrisome.
12-03-2016, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #86
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

progress, not perfection...

finished the calendars that we give as gifts and sent them off for printing, plus ordered some other prints that family/friends have mentioned as 'something I'd like on my wall...'

well in time for Christmas wrapping/shipping....
12-03-2016, 08:58 AM - 2 Likes   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Buying lenses to solve your LBA?

While you live your troubles are many, Poor Jerusalem
To conquer death you only have to die...
You only have to die.

- from Jesus Christ Superstar.
So to conquer LBA
You only have to buy
12-03-2016, 09:20 AM   #88
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joip Quote
So to conquer LBA
You only have to buy
bingo!

now, get out there and CONQUER!
12-03-2016, 01:25 PM   #89

QuoteOriginally posted by joip Quote
So to conquer LBA
You only have to buy
I fully intend to give up all of my bad habits. Just as soon as I find some equally satisfying good ones to replace them with.

Last edited by vZwicky; 12-03-2016 at 01:34 PM.
12-03-2016, 02:17 PM - 2 Likes   #90
Loyal Site Supportaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm in for the first time. Since the spirit of the Single-in seems to be to allow one to dedicate attention and improve on something, I'll take a crack at a Sigma High-Speed Wide 28mm 1:1.8 (V1) on a K-1. The sigma's manual focus with giant coma and unruly bokeh and moderate resolution at best...so the challenge is to see what we can do with it.