Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 170 Likes Search this Thread
12-08-2016, 07:08 PM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
Here is Help for your lens. I could do it, but its a bit far away. I repaired I guess 3-5 tessars like that, but have not made any pictures/videos.

This is in German: it is not completed but some good pictures of the process

This is in German too: It is very detailed with steps and google-translate might help

A short form from Rick Oleson for Exakta Tessar...

A Detailed English Repair Tutorial:

If you take some time and dont force anything, it is a very doable lens. It might get some time to get the right position in the focusing helicoid, because if it is once off, you have more possibilities than you like, but only one gives full functionality and infinity, but it is a beginners lens to fix
WOW.. thank you. I'll take a look and see if it seems daunting or not.

The english one looks pretty intense. My head is spinning!

I must admit I'm still scared. LOL. If I screw it up, I'm going to have to change lenses. Might reread these a few times to see if I can get my confidence levels up before I try to tackle it.

12-09-2016, 12:44 AM - 1 Like   #152

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
But... which lens should I use? I'd value anyone's input. I feel like my realistic options are: ...
First, congrats on the decision to make the move, and good luck in making a smooth transition!

The M 35mm f:2.8 seems the most versatile lens... but it would still be a tough choice. Even though bokeh is overrated, it would be nice to have something really fast for the occasional premium blurzzz.

---------- Post added 12-09-16 at 02:24 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Yes. For many years as a young photographer I shot with only one lens. My first camera was a dog and had a fixed focus plastic lens that had three apertures and one shutter speed. My next was a rather lovely Yashica rangefinder that had a fixed lens. I used that camera for a couple of years. My first slr came with a 50mm f2 that might as well have been welded to the mount. I occasionally got to borrow a lens but that was the only one I owned. So I know it can be done, but a slr or dslr loses versatility with only one lens - I would suggest a single picture each week for a year with a the same lens, or a day of the week dedicated to a particular lens is a more rational project. Let's say Fifties Fridays or 35 Thursday.
Shooting with one lens for a year would be a noble endeavor, but one I doubt I would stick with for long. I've got too much glass to explore to stay lens monogamous. The photo per week, rather than per day, has some promise. If there were no brand limitation, I'd consider attempting one 4x5 large format shot per week with the the only lens I own for the medium: A 150mm Fujinon f:5.6. Basically a "normal" lens for 4x5. A weekly format would facilitate the much slower, deliberate process that using a view camera requires.

Last edited by vZwicky; 12-09-2016 at 01:32 AM.
12-09-2016, 04:48 AM   #153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Terribly behind with commenting... Sorry for that, the week has been a bit awkward....
12-09-2016, 07:40 AM - 1 Like   #154
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Terribly behind with commenting... Sorry for that, the week has been a bit awkward....
Keep shooting, comment later.

12-09-2016, 07:46 AM   #155
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Keep shooting, comment later.

ditto...
12-09-2016, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #156

Same here. It would be nearly impossible for me to comment on everyone's photos daily, but I'm doing my best to at least make the rounds every couple of days. Also, silly me: I'm using my last vacation day for the year, so I woke up in a Saturday frame of mind. Thinking it was the 10th, I've spent half the morning composing and shooting "blur" photos
12-09-2016, 12:43 PM   #157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vZwicky Quote
Same here. It would be nearly impossible for me to comment on everyone's photos daily, but I'm doing my best to at least make the rounds every couple of days. Also, silly me: I'm using my last vacation day for the year, so I woke up in a Saturday frame of mind. Thinking it was the 10th, I've spent half the morning composing and shooting "blur" photos

12-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #158
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Terribly behind with commenting
Just keep making those incredible still life photos, take all the time you need.
12-09-2016, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #159
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just fixed the wording on the calendar event from "Today's theme" to "December 10th's theme" hopefully this will reduce confusion.
12-10-2016, 01:00 AM   #160
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

shaking my head on this one - the sunset picture from the 8th was 'explored'.....
12-10-2016, 04:32 AM - 1 Like   #161
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm checking out of December, and future Single Ins for the foreseeable future. There's just no fire in the belly.

All the very best for the festive season
12-10-2016, 05:48 AM   #162

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I'm checking out of December, and future Single Ins for the foreseeable future. There's just no fire in the belly.

Very sad to hear this, Sandy. Your photos, comments, and insights will be missed and hopefully we'll see you around in the near future. Happy Holidays to you and yours

Last edited by vZwicky; 12-10-2016 at 02:01 PM.
12-10-2016, 07:40 AM   #163
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well dang. Your comments and photos have been a real bonus to participating. I will miss your input.
12-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #164
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad to hear this! Hope you have good and blessed days ahead!
12-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #165
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well, shoot! I'm going to miss you and your photos and your comments. Hope you find your fire though.

And Merry Christmas to you and yours. Kiss Sammy for me.