Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2016, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #316
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Q and 01 lens in jan for me. Bring on the Year of the Q!!

12-26-2016, 08:23 PM - 2 Likes   #317
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Q and 01 lens in jan for me. Bring on the Year of the Q!!
Good for you. I sometimes wonder if the Q7 with 03, 08, 01 and 06 is all the camera gear I need.

Then I wake up from the nightmare
12-26-2016, 11:05 PM   #318
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Good for you. I sometimes wonder if the Q7 with 03, 08, 01 and 06 is all the camera gear I need.

Then I wake up from the nightmare

Bwahahaha. You nearly had me for a sec

I have the 01, 02, 03 and 06. After which I'll do the auto 110 lenses, c mount, enlarger/projector lenses and then end the year on kmount/m42 lenses.

My qs1 needs some proper love. And this is as good a time as any to start..

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 12-27-2016 at 12:00 AM.
12-26-2016, 11:11 PM - 1 Like   #319
Pentaxian

Original Poster
My December 25 fibre optic christmas tree just shot got explored. I had a comment from someone I didn't know congratulate me before I even got the invite.

Guess that means it was worth me getting off the floor to take the shot...

Merry Christmas all!

And to you. 8)

That was a good photo.

Bizarrely, I had photos nudge into Explore (neither is Exploring bigly) on two consecutive days: Christmas and Boxing. I didn't think that happened any more.

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2016 at 05:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
anybody thinking about their lens for January?

My lens for January through December will be the Plastic Fantastic DA 35/2.4. I'm going to do a "single in 2017" sort of thing with Sara, if she's still keen.

I'll still be posting in the monthly threads though. Because because.

(And I'll make a January one soonishly)

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2016 at 05:43 PM ----------

And January Thread is UP.

12-27-2016, 12:35 AM   #320
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
And to you. 8)

That was a good photo.

Bizarrely, I had photos nudge into Explore (neither is Exploring bigly) on two consecutive days: Christmas and Boxing. I didn't think that happened any more.

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2016 at 05:14 PM ----------

My lens for January through December will be the Plastic Fantastic DA 35/2.4. I'm going to do a "single in 2017" sort of thing with Sara, if she's still keen.

I'll still be posting in the monthly threads though. Because because.

(And I'll make a January one soonishly)

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2016 at 05:43 PM ----------

And January Thread is UP.
Congrats on your consecutive explores

Thanks re my shot.

My goodness you're going to stick with one lens to rule them all!! Go you!
12-27-2016, 02:24 AM   #321
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Congrats on your consecutive explores

Thanks re my shot.

My goodness you're going to stick with one lens to rule them all!! Go you!

I'm itching to get it back on the camera; it's just such a great lens (at least, I find it so)
12-27-2016, 05:00 PM   #322
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Bizarrely, I had photos nudge into Explore (neither is Exploring bigly) on two consecutive days
I had something similar happen a while back, double good on you, take the rewards of the Algorithims as they come.

I have been so busy, and lazy with the cold weather, and what little time I've spent shooting has been with the K-1 and a variety of lenses. I'm not quite out of SIC for the month, but I likely won't catch up. The FA-77mm is an incredible lens, a wonderful addition to my stable.

So far, the K-1 and the FA 77mm, as well as the K-1 and the Takumar 17mm have been incredible, tomorrow I'll use a 50mm f1.8 and/or a 28mm f2.8 Macro and see how things turn out.

I look forward to seeing Sandy's (and Pathdoc;s?) brass lenses in action.

12-27-2016, 05:17 PM   #323
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After 25 days of perfect... I faltered. I didn't shoot anything with the DA* 200 yesterday. I haven't shot anything yet today either. My son managed to break his hand on Friday the 22nd (boxer's fracture) hitting a door in anger after tripping and hurting his leg. <sigh> 13 year old logic escapes me. Xmas eve was spent at the ER and then we spent the past few days with him struggling with a splint. Today was spent finding an ortho (3.5 hours!) that could see him (2 hours) and get a cast on today. He's bummed about the cast impeding his ability to play video games (oh the struggles of a 13 year old).

Look for a close up of the cast tonight. That's my guess as to what I will take a picture of... Canon 500D on the DA* 200 for a quick macro of the weave of the fabric used.
12-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #324
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Back after a couple of days of family. It was great to spend time with the kids over the holidays! They are all grown, with lives of their own now.

Wavering on next month's lens. I have the Helios 44-2, but now I also have a Tamron Adaptall 01A (35-80mm) which, when paired with the 01F teleconverter, is apparently a great macro performer. Thinking maybe I'll shoot that one in January and hold the Helios until the weather is nicer.
12-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #325
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I look forward to seeing Sandy's (and Pathdoc's?) brass lenses in action.
Not mine, unfortunately; I've seen enough of what it can do to realise that it needs to be out in the great outdoors, taking pictures of fruiting and flowering plants (among other things) under ample natural light, and that just isn't possible right now. It's a big, heavy beastie, and not the sort of thing I feel like carting back and forth between home and work on a regular basis. Singling in January with it thus basically means singling indoors at home, in the dark, or both; a grave injustice to what I believe is the lens's design purpose. Sandy will have the exact opposite climate, and I think he'll be in a better position to really make it shine.

There is, however, a lens club started up for it; you will probably see some of my work there as I play around with it over the next month or two and get a feel for it.

In addition, February/March is overseas conference time and also increasingly looking like family holiday time, so I will be "out" for the last half of February and also the first part of March. Outside of those times, I will do my best to participate (and by April, I will most probably have the K-1 at last and be ready to give that a run, so maybe I should wait until then to run the Daguerre as a SIC lens).
12-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #326
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Back after a couple of days of family. It was great to spend time with the kids over the holidays! They are all grown, with lives of their own now.

Wavering on next month's lens. I have the Helios 44-2, but now I also have a Tamron Adaptall 01A (35-80mm) which, when paired with the 01F teleconverter, is apparently a great macro performer. Thinking maybe I'll shoot that one in January and hold the Helios until the weather is nicer.
I have the 01a and enjoyed it very much 4 years ago when i singled it in. I didn't know it could be used with the 01f. I thought the 01f was advised to be used with the 52bb 90/2.5 macro. I'll be very interested to see what you do with that combo
12-28-2016, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #327
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ill go Q-7 and 01 in January too!
12-28-2016, 02:43 PM - 1 Like   #328
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the 01a and enjoyed it very much 4 years ago when i singled it in. I didn't know it could be used with the 01f. I thought the 01f was advised to be used with the 52bb 90/2.5 macro. I'll be very interested to see what you do with that combo
I haven't played with it much except for a couple test shots on Flickr, but it looks very promising. The PF lens database says the two work together pretty well: Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 35-80mm F2.8-3.8 (01A) Lens Reviews - Tamron Adaptall Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Pretty sure I'm going to go this route for January. Yay macro!
12-28-2016, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #329
Veteran Member

Well I just joined the K-1 club and got one with the 28-105! I had been on the fence for a while and realized I don't shoot sports or shoot long telephoto all that often so I think it's a good move for me. GAD be dammed! I had a reason! I also traded in enough old gear to get a 77 limited for no extra cash! So I now have the 3 Amigos. Next month here will be the Ricoh Grii though. And I'll be playing a bit with the K-1 and the lenses I have. I may do the Daily challenge with them.
12-28-2016, 03:51 PM   #330
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
I also traded in enough old gear to get a 77 limited for no extra cash!
Good on you. You'll love the 77 and the K-1