Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 104 Likes Search this Thread
01-01-2017, 07:39 AM - 3 Likes   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Please leave comments wherever the photo is hosted.
Ok, as a new participant apparently I'm an offender here. Already had two PMs about it in my inbox when I woke up.

..... just created an album on PF rather than on the private host I'd been using. Hopefully that will get me legal here.

Last edited by Sluggo; 01-01-2017 at 08:02 AM. Reason: removed blather.
01-01-2017, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

hmmmm do i want to spend january with a manual focus lens bolted to one of my cameras????? only way i could participate. I'll decide when i get home from work but i think i may hop back in for one of my takumars (or an m) I've been spoiled by autofocus for a while now, and i need to find some reason to get out of the house in winter... the first time i did this it was with an M28 f3.5 6 years ago . Camera body will vary but i imagine i will shoot most with the Fuji XT1 because it is the most manual focus friendly of the lot and flash works well with it also some days as usual with work demands (Today for instance i had to wor so it will be dark by the time i'm home and make a decision never mind shoot a shot, Blu will have to sit still for a quick one

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2017 at 09:47 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Despite another weight lifting injury that is severely limiting my mobility at the moment, I still have some lenses on my 'in need of Singling' list, so considering it.... So far narrowed it down to these...

SMC Tak 35/3.5
Super Tak 55/1.8
SMC Tak 135/3.5

Add the 28 3.5, 105 2.8 , 200 4.0, 50 1.4 and you have the list i am considering
01-01-2017, 11:08 AM   #33
Pentaxian

In with the Industar 50/3.5. Committed to this now, as the first picture has just gone up, and will probably leave it on the *istDS for the month.

200 is probably a much faster ISO than this lens was ever shot with in its heyday, but the *istDS doesn't go any lower. So... small concession there to the limits of modern technology.

---------- Post added 01-01-17 at 14:44 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I'm ready....... I think..... my granddaughter will be here later today and it's not yet warm enough for me to go outside so I might miss the first day. Though I will try to get something in before the day is out.

Also note on lens I'm using, I have coupled the 2x TC deglassed to the Tamron SP adaptall mount lens, 90mm. Will see if it's too much magnification or not, if it is too much, will remove TC and shoot straight up with the 90.
Let us know how you get on - I've found my deglassed 2X is great around 50-70mm and only starts to get really objectionable below thirty. And even then, it's more a matter of how close I have to be to get any focus at all, rather than how much is magnified or excluded. Unfortunately my only lens near 90mm is the 100 WR macro, and putting that onto a deglassed T/C to check close-focus abilities is like detonating an atom bomb to see if it's dangerous.

Last edited by pathdoc; 01-01-2017 at 11:15 AM.
01-01-2017, 11:54 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

two setups this mont and catching up the last year :/
Q-7 + 01 Prime
Kiev60 + 50mm Flektogon (Zeiss)

01-01-2017, 01:00 PM - 2 Likes   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am going to use my F 50 f1.7.
01-01-2017, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Happy New Year all! My mom has been in the hospital most of December & is now in a rehab facility. Not sure if I'll be able to SI this month but I'm hoping so. I've been in the shadows looking at your shoots but my brain has been a bit too mushed to make many comments. Anyway, I'm here one way or the other. Happy shooting!

Last edited by joip; 01-01-2017 at 06:04 PM.
01-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joip Quote
Happy New Year all! My mom has been in the hospital most of December & is now in a rehab facility. Not sure if I'll be able to SI this month but I'm hoping so. I've been in the shadows looking at your shoots but my brain has been a bit too mushed to make many comments. Anyway, I'm here one way one the other. Happy shooting!
Sorry to hear about this. Participate in any way that works for you.

01-01-2017, 03:47 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Ok I'm home post daylight so scrambling for a quick subject, I'm in with the Super Takumar 50 1.7
01-01-2017, 04:07 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Happy New Year all! My mom has been in the hospital most of December & is now in a rehab facility. Not sure if I'll be able to SI this month but I'm hoping so. I've been in the shadows looking at your shoots but my brain has been a bit too mushed to make many comments. Anyway, I'm here one way one the other. Happy shooting!
Joi, so sorry to hear about your Mom. Do what you need to do and jump in when you can.
01-01-2017, 05:10 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
Ok, as a new participant apparently I'm an offender here.
I did the same thing when I started out. welcome!

Well, my new lens won't get here until the 4th, and probably after I get home and the sun has gone down. As I have several other things happening this month, I will not participate in SIC, in order to address those things. Hopefully not shooting will allow me to comment more, at least. I will probably still Daily In with whatever I have at hand.

my brain has been a bit too mushed to make many comments
Completely understandable, all the best to your and your mother.
01-01-2017, 05:34 PM - 2 Likes   #41
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just joined - I need to have more fun. My selection of the month will be the K-1 with the "Ugly Duckling of the FA Limiteds", but totally normal FA43.

Just not a lens that jumps out of my bag very often, even though I keep draggin' it around, draggin' it around. So it's time to give it some love.

Now that I have a K-1, my FA43 is now the "totally normal" lens that it never has been on APS-C.
01-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #42
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Happy New Year all! My mom has been in the hospital most of December & is now in a rehab facility. Not sure if I'll be able to SI this month but I'm hoping so. I've been in the shadows looking at your shoots but my brain has been a bit too mushed to make many comments. Anyway, I'm here one way or the other. Happy shooting!

Sorry to hear that, mate. Look after yourself, and her.

---------- Post added 2nd Jan 2017 at 12:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
Ok, as a new participant apparently I'm an offender here. Already had two PMs about it in my inbox when I woke up.

..... just created an album on PF rather than on the private host I'd been using. Hopefully that will get me legal here.

We all need to be told initially Welcome
01-02-2017, 12:37 AM - 1 Like   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Lomography Daguerreotype Achromat 64mm f/2.9

Weapon of choice
Wow, that is a beautiful lens.

Happy New Year to All. I flaked during the holidays in finishing the month with the Vivitar 28/2.5. I did take a few unposted pictures but could not manage the energy during the hectic holidays to post. But now that 2017 has come I am back in.

My lens of the month will be a Takumar-A Zoom 1:4 70-200. I picked it up at a thrift store in San Diego, paying $80 for a P3, the lens, a couplle of flashes, and a bag (probably about $25-40 more than the stuff was worth) . But I have developed a tradition of finding an old lens as a travel souvenir whenever I have time to visit camera shops or thrift stores while traveling. Here is the lens...

01-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'mean in. Will be using the DFA 100mm WR macro. It's a nice lens and I haven't been shooting with it much lately. Time to get reacquainted with it.
01-02-2017, 08:30 PM - 4 Likes   #45
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Hey guys......guess what? My granddaughter, the light of my life, has joined the Pentax family and Pentax Forums. We took two cameras outside today. She wants to learn to use a "real" camera and in the same way I do, all manual. Her first day wasn't all that bad though she did go overboard a bit on shooting...... 219 photos she took with one of my K10Ds, can't really fault her on that, we did it at one time or another when starting out first time ever with a real camera. I am giving her two lenses, and she used both today.

If you have time I would appreciate it if any of you would go to her welcoming thread and say hi.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/29-welcomes-introductions/337049-just-sta...ml#post3869416

She calls me GMA. I'll let her explain why.

Btw, I am so proud of her. She listens when I teach.