Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 104 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2017, 05:07 AM   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
It is quite versatile.
If an amateur photographer in the Pentax system had to have just one lens, this would have to be a strong candidate to be that lens.

01-20-2017, 04:40 AM   #137
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
falling a little behind, not sure if i took a picture yesterday at work or not. Spent 8 hours in emergency yesterday my Wife was showing a customer a very expensive japanese knife set, whoever showed it previously didn't put it back in the box safely, when she pulled out the block all the knives tumbled out to the floor. One pierced her shoe and sliced through a toe and tendon, Fortunately there was a doc right there shopping he bound her up did a quick diagnosis and so we went to the hospital he works out of in emergency. great staff took good care we had to wait because a more urgen orthopedic case was in surgery ahead of her. when they finished they came down cleaned up the cut and got the tendon sewn together. shes in a cast to help it heal and pain. Got in at 230 am had a quick bit of supper which we both missed then off to bed. up this am running around making sure she had her prescriptions and anything she needed then headed to work....camera ion the dining room table at home . I do have at least on safty shot or two of wine bottles in my office
not sure what else, i will grab something walking the dog tonight i guess
ohmegad! my toes are wincing just reading about it. your poor wife!!
01-20-2017, 04:55 AM   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Can't really pump atm - trying to establish supply and get her to learn breastfeeding.
A little beer will help a lot-and I speak from experience- not personally of course. it worked wonders when my son was a baby.

falling a little behind, not sure if i took a picture yesterday at work or not. Spent 8 hours in emergency yesterday my Wife was showing a customer a very expensive japanese knife set, whoever showed it previously didn't put it back in the box safely, when she pulled out the block all the knives tumbled out to the floor. One pierced her shoe and sliced through a toe and tendon, Fortunately there was a doc right there shopping he bound her up did a quick diagnosis and so we went to the hospital he works out of in emergency. great staff took good care we had to wait because a more urgen orthopedic case was in surgery ahead of her. when they finished they came down cleaned up the cut and got the tendon sewn together. shes in a cast to help it heal and pain. Got in at 230 am had a quick bit of supper which we both missed then off to bed. up this am running around making sure she had her prescriptions and anything she needed then headed to work....camera ion the dining room table at home . I do have at least on safty shot or two of wine bottles in my office
Phew- that thing must be super sharp (like a Pentax ). Horrible ordeal. Here's hoping the healing and restorative process happens quickly.
01-20-2017, 04:59 AM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote

Phew- that thing must be super sharp (like a Pentax ). Horrible ordeal. Here's hoping the healing and restorative process happens quickly.

Exceedingly sharp. I have a couple,of knives from shun (the offending brand) never used anything aside from a professional mandolin that was as sharp. You are far more likely to cut yourself on a dull knife....if you don't drop the knife on your toe. She is taking a few days off but won't be properly mobile for a few weeks

01-20-2017, 01:38 PM   #140
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Exceedingly sharp. I have a couple,of knives from shun (the offending brand) never used anything aside from a professional mandolin that was as sharp. You are far more likely to cut yourself on a dull knife....if you don't drop the knife on your toe. She is taking a few days off but won't be properly mobile for a few weeks
It's probably good that is was so sharp, maybe a cleaner cut that can heal faster.
01-21-2017, 06:37 AM - 1 Like   #141
Veteran Member

Exceedingly sharp. I have a couple,of knives from shun (the offending brand) never used anything aside from a professional mandolin that was as sharp. You are far more likely to cut yourself on a dull knife
That's what I tell my wife but she refuses to believe me. I won't share your story wth her though!

On another note my Fog Burn off photo just got explored!
01-21-2017, 11:27 AM - 2 Likes   #142
Veteran Member

Congrats wstruth! My bw landscape also got explored!

Still plodding along on the sisterpup front. Wolfieboy is going up to sydney tomorrow so we'll see how i go with only mum around to distract wolfiepup. I spent most of yesterday trying to catch up on sleep as sisterpup had me up every hour. Ugh.

My m39-q adapter arrived, so I'm hoping i will have a chanceto play with those too!

01-22-2017, 12:20 AM - 1 Like   #143
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

'sunset through the treeline' was explored this morning...
01-22-2017, 01:40 AM   #144
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Oh hell that's no good. O_O Well, I suppose it was good the doctor was on hand, but otherwise...
01-22-2017, 02:44 AM   #145
Veteran Member

Well at this point I may be out, yesterday I didn't move from bed basically, apparently hanging out in emergency is a great way to pick up something, in my case it's either a really bad chest cold or it's progressed to bronchitis, I missed shots Friday and Saturday , (sadly because we had lots of fog yesterday and I love shooting in fog ) , I'll see how I feel later today .
01-22-2017, 09:23 AM   #146
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well at this point I may be out, yesterday I didn't move from bed basically, apparently hanging out in emergency is a great way to pick up something, in my case it's either a really bad chest cold or it's progressed to bronchitis, I missed shots Friday and Saturday , (sadly because we had lots of fog yesterday and I love shooting in fog ) , I'll see how I feel later today .
Take care of yourself and feel better!
01-22-2017, 09:36 AM   #147
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
If an amateur photographer in the Pentax system had to have just one lens, this would have to be a strong candidate to be that lens.
I agree. If this lens had been around when I purchased the K-5 new, I'd have opted for this as the kit lens. Every day I become a bit more impressed with the IQ, I'm amazed at how quiet it is, and appreciate the WR, and look forward to bad weather to use it in. Until I have the spare $$$ for a 16-85 WR, this will do very well.

Stay healthy all of you!

I plan on coming back in February, not sure if I will use the 18-135mm, though it is in the strongest contender. I think I'll use the drab winter foliage and overcast skies to my advantage and shoot a lot more Black and White/Monochrome pictures next month.
01-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #148
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Congrats wstruth! My bw landscape also got explored!

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Congrats!

Feel better.

Robgsky I have always enjoyed my 18-135, for me it's definitely a go to type of lens when i am out or a walk etc.. The range gives it such nice versatility and it's light in weight so it's a good take along, even when I have nothing really planned for photography.

Last edited by wstruth; 01-22-2017 at 09:58 AM.
01-22-2017, 10:07 AM   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Congrats!
01-24-2017, 12:22 PM   #150
Veteran Member

I missed shots for yesterday due to a late meeting and that dang nor'easter icing up the roads in my neck of the woods.