Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Hmmmm, April might be a 645 month. Someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse....
Which 645?

03-19-2017, 10:25 AM - 1 Like   #92
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Which 645?
looks like the Zed:

I'm in - PentaxForums.com
03-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #93
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
looks like the Zed:

I'm in - PentaxForums.com
Go Sandy!
03-19-2017, 10:59 PM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Hmmmm, April might be a 645 month. Someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse....
That sounds quite fun. I am looking forward to seeing what you are able to do with it. It looks like some of those 645 lenses that come up on the marketplace may find a good home. I almost sprang for a 645N just to see what I could do with medium format without the commitment to the 645Z.

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
As for me, I am currently so photographically exhausted I can't even be bothered buying myself a K-1 any more.
Hopefully the exhaustion will pass, and photography will help reduce the stress and not feed the exhaustion.

03-19-2017, 11:53 PM   #95
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I learned something using the CIF, as usual I wonder around the yard spying what I might find in the way of a photo with my finger hovering over the shutter release button and few times, CIF activates taking a photo.......of nothing but bokeh.
03-20-2017, 08:19 PM - 3 Likes   #96
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Note of thanks plus...

On Sunday I was able to look at the SIC photos with some leisure (unfortunately, after I should have gone to sleep). I was taken with the quality of the shots and how much I have learned and continue to learn from everyone. Even the safety shots and the shots where the photographer was not satisfied with some aspect are filled with something to learn or something to see that I might not have caught. For example, the back focus issue Sandy noted in today's koala really made me look more carefully and think through my shots. So, thank you all!

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I learned something using the CIF, as usual I wonder around the yard spying what I might find in the way of a photo with my finger hovering over the shutter release button and few times, CIF activates taking a photo.......of nothing but bokeh.
That bokeh picture may be useful for the Multiple exposure theme on the 25th, one shot for the bokeh and other shots for primary content.
03-21-2017, 02:44 AM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

CIF activates taking a photo
I've tried using CIF on bugs, or for sports, waiting for the object to hit the CIF zone and take the shot, it works well but requires patience.

03-21-2017, 02:52 AM - 4 Likes   #98
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jim P Quote
On Sunday I was able to look at the SIC photos with some leisure (unfortunately, after I should have gone to sleep). I was taken with the quality of the shots and how much I have learned and continue to learn from everyone. Even the safety shots and the shots where the photographer was not satisfied with some aspect are filled with something to learn or something to see that I might not have caught. For example, the back focus issue Sandy noted in today's koala really made me look more carefully and think through my shots. So, thank you all!

I have learned so much about photography from my time in the SIC - it has been so important to my education as a photographer....

I've been given a gift here that is so much more than people in far-flung places just taking pictures - I can never repay this...
03-21-2017, 03:05 AM - 3 Likes   #99
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been given a gift here that is so much more than people in far-flung places just taking pictures - I can never repay this...
Amen brother.

I have been playing with cameras since I was a teenager the late 70's, but I have learned more in the last four years (OMG - nearly five) participating in this challenge (and from the forum in general) than I have in all the rest.

Thank you all.

(it's also cost me a small fortune, but you only live once)
03-21-2017, 04:14 AM - 1 Like   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Single In has scarred me for life with echoes of past barbed critique burning my conscience every time I lift the camera to my eye... well maybe not that harsh :P

I've echoed the sentiment that this group is a valuable resource for anyone wishing to learn. I too have benefited immensely from participation.
03-21-2017, 04:20 AM   #101
Pentaxian

nothing but bokeh
Remember, to the true bokeholic, the subject is only there to provide a near focus point and something sharp against which the object of their affection can be compared.
03-21-2017, 08:56 AM   #102
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

planning for the future:

I'm starting to put money aside for my next lens purchase; I'm looking at buying a pro-grade 300 or 400mm prime. I'm looking at F* or FA* 300/4 or even DA 300/4, but am open to other options...

I'm really not considering tele-zooms in that range, mainly because I would prefer a prime, and I have a decent copy of the DA55-300 for that type of work....

thoughts, opinions, experience - all wanted here...
03-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #103
Pentaxian

opinions
I assume your basic rationalisation/use case is: "I take enough shots with my 55-300 at maximum zoom to justify it, and the f/5.8 or f/6.3 (depending on your version) just isn't fast enough; the star-level IQ is a bonus, plus growth capability to put it on a K-1 without issues would be nice to have".
03-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #104
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
I assume your basic rationalisation/use case is: "I take enough shots with my 55-300 at maximum zoom to justify it, and the f/5.8 or f/6.3 (depending on your version) just isn't fast enough; the star-level IQ is a bonus, plus growth capability to put it on a K-1 without issues would be nice to have".

exactly that - I am even considering the DA 200/2.8 with 1.4 teleconverter, but figure I'll be losing the 2.8 aperture so might as well look into the 300mm f4 (or f4.5) lenses anyways....

also looking at manual focus lenses at this range also, such as the Tamron Adaptall SP 300mm f2.8 lineup....
03-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #105
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have the DA*300 and it is outstanding. Incredible really.
However, the F*300 is almost on par optically, only slightly slower, and is tiny by comparison. The built in hood is really nifty too. If size matters, and you can find one, go for it.