Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
02-27-2017, 06:43 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Post Processing Challenge #212 - Bridge

Welcome to the Post-Processing Challenge #212! If you've never played a PP challenge before, I urge you to join in and have fun. Thanks to JHfwp for hosting the last one and selecting me as the host for this one.

I have offered up 3 exposure brackets of the same scene in DNG and JPEG. You may use any or all exposures to show us your take on this photo. There's much that can be improved/corrected in this image. Have fun with it. Multiple entries are encouraged.

Unedited JPEG Preview

Bonus points to anyone that can name the city and bridge!

Raw Exposures :

File sharing and storage made simple

JPEG Exposures:

Pentax K-5 IIs with Sigma 10-20 f3.5

Information for the next host:

The mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: pentaxchallenge@outlook.com
The password is: postprocessing
Note to host: Copy and paste the above MediaFire information into your challenge to help the next winner

02-27-2017, 09:18 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arizona Dave Quote
Bonus points to anyone that can name the city and bridge!
If I am not mistaken, that is the John A Roebling Suspension bridge which crosses the Ohio River connecting Cincinnati Ohio and Covington Kentucky. The view is from the Kentucky side looking north to the Cincinnati skyline. Construction began in 1856 and continued through the Civil War. Completed in 1866, it was the longest suspension bridge in the world. It was the inspiration for the Brooklyn Bridge, also designed by John A Roebling, though he died before it was completed.

Multiple entries are encouraged.

Last edited by Glenn5995; 03-03-2017 at 06:38 AM.
02-27-2017, 11:25 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Multiple entries are encouraged.

ok one last round here.. i promise this one was rough and ugly but fun in the process... five flavors

Last edited by todd; 03-04-2017 at 07:07 PM.
02-28-2017, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here is my version:

Thanks,

02-28-2017, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

I see now I have some fixes I need to do...

Last edited by JHfwp; 03-08-2017 at 11:58 PM.
02-28-2017, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very detailed image and a delight to play with.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
03-01-2017, 08:24 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Glenn5995 Quote
If I am not mistaken, that is the John A Roebling Suspension bridge which crosses the Ohio River connecting Cincinnati Ohio and Covington Kentucky. The view is from the Kentucky side looking north to the Cincinnati skyline. Construction began in 1856 and continued through the Civil War. Completed in 1866, it was the longest suspension bridge in the world. It was the inspiration for the Brooklyn Bridge, also designed by John A Roebling, though he died before it was completed.

You are correct, Glenn5995!

Awesome job so far, everyone! I'm gonna have to get real nit-picky to select the next host! Keep them coming!

I forgot to list the end date. I'll try to close the challenge late on Sunday, so 4 days to go.

03-02-2017, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #8

My version
Attached Images

03-03-2017, 01:45 PM - 3 Likes   #9

03-04-2017, 10:03 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Only 1 day left!
03-05-2017, 10:00 PM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It's that time again! The Challenge is now closed, and I must select a new host.
Although there weren't that many participants this week, I really enjoyed seeing the wonderful work each of you did with this image.

Glenn5995, Excellent work as always. You really put a lot of work into this image and came up with 5 versions. I especially liked the first 2. I also find it cool you are encouraging your daughter in post-processing.

Todd, Your entries seem to always be among my favorites. Your first entry is very well done (although the bridge is missing a couple things), and I really liked the mind-bending 3rd entry. I still don't know how you did that.

ismaelg, The bridge is perhaps a tad over-saturated, but otherwise a very well-done version.

dcshooter, I like the dark and moody tones you came up with as well as the artsy border.

JHfwp, Your entry was very well done, although the shadows are a little bright for a night scene.

Bruce Clark, I really like the darker shadows and exposure here. Perhaps a little warm and saturated for my tastes.

Capmazariegos, I like the cooler tones and the choice of crop. The foliage creeping into the bottom left is a little distracting. Very well done.

Audra, Your second entry was my favorite of yours. You did a lot of very nice work here, including cleaning up the debris in the river. It won't be long until you are beating your father's work! Excellent job!

And the new host is............

Glenn5995! Everyone did so well this round that I had to get real nit-picky. I really liked the color balance, saturation levels and the nice clean crop. You managed to find plenty of details in the bright crowns of the bridge. You went above and beyond the competition when you climbed on top of the bridge to replace not one, but TWO burned out light bulbs! It doesn't hurt, that you got the "bonus points" by providing the bridge information, though you really didn't need the bonus points. Congratulations! I look forward to you hosting Post-Processing Challenge 213.

03-05-2017, 10:45 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks once again Dave for hosting and judging and providing a fun image to pixel mash! And congrats to Glenn for another well deserved win! You always set the bar high for us and I appreciate that.
03-06-2017, 12:00 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Great job Glenn & thanks for hosting, AZ Dave.
03-06-2017, 06:34 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you Arizona Dave for hosting 212 and for the wonderful image to work with. Thank you Todd and JHfwp for the kind words and everyone who participates in this challenge and keeps it going.

I will get something for 213. It may not be until tomorrow as I have a busy day today. Hopefully you will find it worthy of your efforts.
03-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry for the delay in getting 213 going, but is now ready for your participation!

Post Processing Challenge #213