Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2017, 05:33 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I got home from the ball game today and picked up the K-5IIs with DA18-270 attached and started to put the strap over my head when it came loose and landed hard on the pavement. The hood went clattering up the street a few feet and I just looked down sick to my stomach. (No, this is not an April fools joke.) I picked it up and didn't see any immediate damage so I put the hood and lens cap back on it and came into the house. An initial inspection shows that it probably landed on the lug which is screwed into a plate which is attached on the bottom of the camera. There is not a mark on the camera body itself or the lens as far as I can see and a couple of test shots showed that it is functioning so I'm hopeful that I dodged a bullet.

04-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
I need some sanity for here.
If you came for sanity, you are in the wrong place.
04-02-2017, 12:40 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
I got home from the ball game today and picked up the K-5IIs with DA18-270 attached and started to put the strap over my head when it came loose and landed hard on the pavement. The hood went clattering up the street a few feet and I just looked down sick to my stomach. (No, this is not an April fools joke.) I picked it up and didn't see any immediate damage so I put the hood and lens cap back on it and came into the house. An initial inspection shows that it probably landed on the lug which is screwed into a plate which is attached on the bottom of the camera. There is not a mark on the camera body itself or the lens as far as I can see and a couple of test shots showed that it is functioning so I'm hopeful that I dodged a bullet.
Whoa! Glad there is no damage. Pentax cameras are really solid - as I found out last month when I dropped mine.
04-04-2017, 01:42 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Third visit for my P67 in the repair shop. I hope it gets well soon, so that I can start shooting it again. However, one roll survived (almost) and I will scan it asap.

04-07-2017, 05:52 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, looks like my grain bin shot from a couple of days back hit explore overnight. Gotta admit, it's nice to have that validation.
04-07-2017, 12:13 PM - 4 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Another pass at yesterday's offering, mainly to lift the darks.

Processing could be improved more if I ever needed to... A bit oversharpened, and no defringing or noise reduction done... Might try this shot again or another like it when batteries arrive for my flash... Had my lume cube on full blast but wasn't enough...

Last edited by todd; 04-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.
04-07-2017, 12:41 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Another pass at yesterday's offering, mainly to lift the darks.

Processing could be improved more if I ever needed to... A bit oversharpened, and no defringing or noise reduction done... Might try this shot again or another like it when batteries arrive for my flash... Had my lume cube on full blast but wasn't enough...
Really creative!

04-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #23
Veteran Member

The train went off the rails this week but I'm finally caught up, except for the 6th; I have nothing for that day. On top of the usual business of work and softball games, someone decided they needed $2000 of my money more than I did. They somehow got my banking credentials and open PayPal accounts which they used to draw money from both my checking account and my savings account. Fortunately my wife caught it before it posted and the money was recovered quickly, but I still had to close all my accounts and open new ones then get my deposits and automatic payments switched. Today I will be working on taxes. Hopefully I can get back on track now.
04-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
The train went off the rails this week but I'm finally caught up, except for the 6th; I have nothing for that day. On top of the usual business of work and softball games, someone decided they needed $2000 of my money more than I did. They somehow got my banking credentials and open PayPal accounts which they used to draw money from both my checking account and my savings account. Fortunately my wife caught it before it posted and the money was recovered quickly, but I still had to close all my accounts and open new ones then get my deposits and automatic payments switched. Today I will be working on taxes. Hopefully I can get back on track now.
Whoa.... What a scare. Glad it was caught it in time, God's mercy in action.
04-11-2017, 02:01 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi all.
I am taking a step back from the challenges for a while, but plan to remain active on other boards in the Forums.
Enjoy the rest of the month; I continue to be in awe of your collective creativity and collegiality
04-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So what is it with 50mm's???? I found a Rollei Planar 50mm f/1.8 on craigslist. The seller is going to send me a shot of the back so I can tell if it's the M42 mount. I have that adapter so if the lens is in good shape,is the right mount and if the price is reasonable ($35???), I may pick it up. There is only one review of it here on PF but the review on vintage lens website seemed more in depth. It's looks like a pretty fair lens.....
Anyone have experience with one????
04-14-2017, 07:04 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
So what is it with 50mm's???? I found a Rollei Planar 50mm f/1.8 on craigslist. The seller is going to send me a shot of the back so I can tell if it's the M42 mount. I have that adapter so if the lens is in good shape,is the right mount and if the price is reasonable ($35???), I may pick it up. There is only one review of it here on PF but the review on vintage lens website seemed more in depth. It's looks like a pretty fair lens.....
Anyone have experience with one????
I have no experience of this lens at all Cindy but if it's got an M42 mount etc etc then $35 seems a steal. This may be the same vintage lens site you've already accessed, but just in case it isn't, here's a link reviewing the pros and cons. Good luck.
04-15-2017, 02:08 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
I have no experience of this lens at all Cindy but if it's got an M42 mount etc etc then $35 seems a steal. This may be the same vintage lens site you've already accessed, but just in case it isn't, here's a link reviewing the pros and cons. Good luck.
Thanks Rod! Yes that is the same website I found when googling it.
The seller sent a pic and it has the QBM mount. The seller asked $45 for it. I did a search for the converter and found one for $40 at B&H. I offered the seller $30 for the lens and they agreed. I'm going to look at it this morning and as long as it is in good condition (seller said she kept it stored in her closet) I'm buy it from her.
I may put an ad in the "wanted Items" to see if anyone has a used one they no longer are using. Most likely I'll just buy it from B&H.
Thanks again
04-17-2017, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been out of state with family the past few days, and haven't had opportunity to take pictures or comment. Sorry about that! I'm back in the saddle now though. Looking forward to catching up!
04-17-2017, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

A bit behind this weekend as well, just been trying to upload yesterdays and todays shots and flickr is throwing a wobbler. Will try again later.