Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2017, 06:16 AM   #166
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats on the Explore, and that's a fine lens , just in time for bird migration season and seeing all the wildlife emerge from winter hiding or slumber

04-15-2017, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #167
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I was thinking, perhaps one of the days in the future could be "composite"? Kind of like the multiple exposure day?
04-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #168
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
"composite"? Kind of like the multiple exposure day?
In my mind, a composite is a type of multiple exposure, so I"d encourage you to submit a composite on that day. Composites are beyond my skill level, that's why I stick to the in-camera option.
04-15-2017, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My shot from Thursday hit Explore, only the 2nd time, 1st time it stayed in all day.

04-15-2017, 07:16 PM   #170
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

awesome!
04-16-2017, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #171
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
That's why I participate in the Daily and the Single In concurrently, it is sometimes the right incentive for me to swap lenses from the SIC choice knowing I'll have a place to display it.

Hopefully May will give you some more time. Since you're in KC now, have you gone ou NW of the airport t to the Weston Brewing Company yet?
Ugh. Gonna have to change something, just to cheer myself up. I went ahead and dropped my new K-1 and it's on its way to be repaired. It didn't fall very far, just out of my lap as I stepped out of the car, so I was surprised that it was apparently so severely damaged. It was making some bad noises at start-up and the shutter stopped opening. I'm very disappointed in myself, so I don't really need a refresher course on neckstraps or anything. In any case, what a privilege to be able to afford to have it repaired and what fortune to have two other phenomenal bodies to back me up. (Yes, I still consider my K-30 to be very fine and functional.)

But still, I mean, I hadn't even had the thing for a month! And you should see the evidence of beatings that the K-30 has endured. Is the K-1 a wimp, or what?? The K-S2 feels so small now... I better go get some of that airport beer...

And no, I've never heard of Weston Brewing Company! I'll have to check it out, although that is quite a drive (if we're gonna be boozin'). We have been to Martin City Brewery, which is much closer, and they have delicious stouts and porters. Yum!
04-16-2017, 09:30 AM   #172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I'll have to check it out, although that is quite a drive (if we're gonna be boozin').
IIRC, there is a really nice B&B right across the street, rumor has it that there is a tunnel that runs under the street from the basement to the pub that was built underground. Perfect opportunity to use the Theta. In any case it's worth checking out, I used to go there when I was visiting Fort Leaveonworth.

Tough luck with the K-1, it probably fell in just the right way to cause the most internal damage.

04-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #173
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ugh. Gonna have to change something, just to cheer myself up. I went ahead and dropped my new K-1 and it's on its way to be repaired. It didn't fall very far, just out of my lap as I stepped out of the car, so I was surprised that it was apparently so severely damaged. It was making some bad noises at start-up and the shutter stopped opening. I'm very disappointed in myself, so I don't really need a refresher course on neckstraps or anything. In any case, what a privilege to be able to afford to have it repaired and what fortune to have two other phenomenal bodies to back me up. (Yes, I still consider my K-30 to be very fine and functional.)

But still, I mean, I hadn't even had the thing for a month! And you should see the evidence of beatings that the K-30 has endured. Is the K-1 a wimp, or what?? The K-S2 feels so small now... I better go get some of that airport beer...

And no, I've never heard of Weston Brewing Company! I'll have to check it out, although that is quite a drive (if we're gonna be boozin'). We have been to Martin City Brewery, which is much closer, and they have delicious stouts and porters. Yum!
I've read both types of info - some have had hard falls with no damage and others have had terribly slight falls do awful damage. I really think the exact fall is important.

I had a k-3 in a lowepro holster bag fall 2 feet indoors on a wood floor and the camera wasn't harmed but the FA 35 was bent and had to be repaired just to get even manual focus restored.
04-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #174
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sickening news Sara.
The heavier the camera, the harder it's going to hit the ground. How much damage is done will depend on what hits first.
I hope the repair isn't too spendy....
04-16-2017, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Sickening news Sara.
The heavier the camera, the harder it's going to hit the ground. How much damage is done will depend on what hits first.
I hope the repair isn't too spendy....
I just really regret not utilizing it more intensely for the short time I had it. I never even used the startracer. :-( I'm sure she'll be back soon.
04-16-2017, 07:46 PM - 3 Likes   #176

Photos: Albums
The Easter bunny set the eggs out a little too early last night, and the Easter possum broke into about half the eggs and stole the candy. I wonder how well possums digest chocolate? Well, lesson learned for next year.

Trying to get caught up from the weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos.

04-16-2017, 08:10 PM - 1 Like   #177
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by doroth2 Quote
The Easter bunny set the eggs out a little too early last night, and the Easter possum broke into about half the eggs and stole the candy. I wonder how well possums digest chocolate? Well, lesson learned for next year.

Trying to get caught up from the weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos.
Thanks......I pictured the Cadbury's Easter possum. Bawk. BAWK! Snot and coffee all over the keyboard. Thanks a lot.
04-16-2017, 08:47 PM   #178
Veteran Member

n its way to be repaired
#!$@! Hope the news isn't too bad and they can fix it up for you, and that you can occupy yourself happily with other stuff in the meantime. You do know you're going to appreciate the K-1 all the more once it's back in your hands.
04-17-2017, 07:29 AM   #179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I've been out of state with family the past few days, and haven't had opportunity to take pictures or comment. Sorry about that! I'm back in the saddle now though. Looking forward to catching up!
04-17-2017, 07:51 AM   #180
Pentaxian

I went ahead and dropped my new K-1
Oh my God No, my private nightmare (Now that I have one). My condolences.

I keep mine very close to floor level for this very reason.