Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 195 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I flaked on the last part of March due to work though I did get shots with the sigma 10-20 for most of the last part of the month, just no time to post.

I get the D-FA 28-105 in time for vacation so that is what I will be shooting. But it is unlikely that I will be able to post the same day I shoot for the next 8 days. The student tour my wife leads each year, usually Europe but this year Quito Equador and the Galapagos Islands, is in full swing. I'll post what I can of the hundreds of shots I am likely to take per day. After the 9th it should be more regular.

04-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jim P Quote
usually Europe but this year Quito Equador and the Galapagos Islands
Sounds like a great trip!
04-01-2017, 08:22 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Nothing to lose one's head over.
LOL. I guess I could have phrased that more precisely. My head remained firmly attached throughout the entire ordeal.
04-02-2017, 10:37 AM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I failed miserably in March. As I get older I have found that I'm prone to bouts of depression. IMO there is nothing so ennervating as depression and I failed to get out once in the last 2 weeks plus of March. Now that things are a bit warmer (if not dryer) and more visually interesting outside I'll be in for April. In deference to "fisheye April" I'll be using the venerable Zenitar 16mm f/2.8 on my K-1. Hopefully I'll do better this month.

NaCl(Spring is really here now and that should make it easier)H2O

04-02-2017, 11:03 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
LOL. I guess I could have phrased that more precisely. My head remained firmly attached throughout the entire ordeal.
i am one to "USE" my gear - the K5 is a hearty body. its the glass I'd be worried about. Good to hear that all is well.
04-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #51
Pentaxian

I am only prone to fits of depression because the snow here simply won't stop - we have been forecast 50cm over the next two days, including what's already on the ground (which hasn't had time to melt properly).

We were down to almost nothing at one point just over Christmas - it has now accumulated more heavily than at any time during actual winter.

I want a flamethrower licence.
04-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
I want a flamethrower licence.
So in your case, it's not so much depression as just anger? It (and the snow I hope) will surely pass eventually

04-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #53
Pentaxian

More depression that I want to be OUTSIDE shooting green, leafy things, yet the interior of our house has more living plants in it than anything for fifty yards around except evergreens. Meanwhile, most of the rest of you seem to be up to your necks in greenery. I can wave this away when it comes to the Aussies, but it's hard to look at photos some of the North American Pentaxians are taking and not feel at least a twinge of jealousy.
04-02-2017, 03:41 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
it's hard to look at photos some of the North American Pentaxians are taking and not feel at least a twinge of jealousy.
IT does throw me off a little to see the Southern Hemisphere Pentaxians enjoying the beaches and greenery while I'm shivering under leaden or snowy skies. Having lived in many places in the Northern Hemisphere, I know that I need all four distinct seasons, or I feel a bit off. Cold winter nights did encourage me to try new techniques indoors.
04-02-2017, 03:42 PM - 2 Likes   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pics or it's all fairytale - you are shooting a weather resistant rig good to -10 C. A walk about GF-W could yield plenty of photographic interest - no one here has ever lived there
Time to make lemonade from the lemons.
04-02-2017, 04:00 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
GF-W
G-FW? Is that the southern Hemisphere's version of BF-E?
04-02-2017, 04:06 PM   #57
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Time to make lemonade from the lemons.
Yeah. Toughen up, princess
04-02-2017, 04:16 PM   #58
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"You are not a special snowflake" despite the cold.

Instead of taking pictures, my wife and I spent the day doing extensive yardwork, I tell myself it will all be worth it in the summer when I can sit back and watch it all in bloom.
04-02-2017, 04:25 PM - 2 Likes   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
G-FW? Is that the southern Hemisphere's version of BF-E?
I seemed to recall a post from PD of a City truck sporting Grand Falls - Windsor Newfoundland markings - Geographically near the middle of an island overrun with Moose, piled high with SNOW, and fed by Moose tongue and various types of dried fish (gahh Capelin.. you ought to share that delicacy with the folks here.. the Fin's will clamour for more, and the rest of the commonwealth will wrinkle their noses). Dont forget the Rum 'der by'.
04-02-2017, 04:32 PM - 2 Likes   #60
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

on a personal note, I pressed the shutter on my K-50 for the 25,000th time today: