Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 195 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2017, 05:48 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Well folks, I'm going to sit April out. With the eye problem I mentioned in March's thread, it's getting harder to see much less take a photo. So, until I get that fixed, I'm out of SIC.
Take care, I hope it's resolved soon! Wishing the best for you!

03-31-2017, 09:20 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well folks, I'm going to sit April out. With the eye problem I mentioned in March's thread, it's getting harder to see much less take a photo. So, until I get that fixed, I'm out of SIC.
We'll miss you. Best wishes on your health!
03-31-2017, 09:49 PM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks guys! I hope they can fix it.
04-01-2017, 04:15 AM   #34
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

(it's good to see OzzRod with us again...)

04-01-2017, 05:44 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Best of luck with the fixing of that. We'll miss your pics, but do swing by and hang out.

Have been playing with the K-1 and various lenses all morning, trying to figure out what I'll use. Part of this involves shooting in P mode and simply trying out various compositions and fields of view, getting used to stuff.

This camera is a game-changer. I'm (pleasantly) surprised - the shift from the K-5 to this feels bigger than the shift from *istDL to K-5 was. It's that awesome. (The file sizes even in JPG are ginormously huge - the only drawback.)

I was going to go with either the 100 WR macro or the Tokina 17/3.5, but after a couple dozen pictures I'm starting to be impressed with what the FA50/1.4 does wide open on this camera, and beginning to drift towards taking that as my choice (and yes, I know, I singled with it last year). And let's face it, folks; we all know that this is the lens the camera was REALLY designed to take. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it, LOL)

You'll know by the time my first single-in-April pic goes up sometime this evening.

Last edited by pathdoc; 04-01-2017 at 05:51 AM.
04-01-2017, 06:15 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope they can fix it.
I hope so too!
04-01-2017, 01:27 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll join the Fisheye party for this month. Crazy but still!

04-01-2017, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Thank you
04-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Hear, hear!
04-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Wishing you all the best with this.
04-01-2017, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

Decision made - and it's the D-FA 100WR Macro. With its lack of an aperture ring, WR, quick shift and digital-optimised optics, this is in many ways the first lens built to suit the K-1 as we know it today (the D-FA 50 still has the aperture ring for film cameras and is not WR), and thus in its own way as fitting a choice as the classic "normal fast fifty" FA50/1.4

Took multiple shots with it and with the FA50/1.4 in front of my deglassed A-contact 2X teleconverter... and the 100 won out. Then I put the 100 in front of the T/C and omigawd, my very own 200mm f/4(-ish) macro! Alas the combination vignettes at minimum focal distance, probably because it's creating an incredibly long tunnel that shifts the rear element too far forward to cover the full frame, but switching to crop fixes that in-camera and gives me something really quite incredible.

Sometime in the next day or two I'll photograph something next to a ruler, and the other macro fiends on this forum can have a look at it and check out what it's giving me.
04-01-2017, 03:49 PM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope they can too. Years ago I scratched my cornea at work. I had to goto an eye surgeon, Luckily they were able to repair it and everything was eventually ok. It was however a very scary and uncomfortable experience.
04-01-2017, 05:32 PM - 2 Likes   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I got home from the ball game today and picked up the K-5IIs with DA18-270 attached and started to put the strap over my head when it came loose and landed hard on the pavement. The hood went clattering up the street a few feet and I just looked down sick to my stomach. (No, this is not an April fools joke.) I picked it up and didn't see any immediate damage so I put the hood and lens cap back on it and came into the house. An initial inspection shows that it probably landed on the lug which is screwed into a plate which is attached on the bottom of the camera. There is not a mark on the camera body itself or the lens as far as I can see and a couple of test shots showed that it is functioning so I'm hopeful that I dodged a bullet.
04-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #44

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
I got home from the ball game today and picked up the K-5IIs with DA18-270 attached and started to put the strap over my head when it came loose and landed hard on the pavement. The hood went clattering up the street a few feet and I just looked down sick to my stomach. (No, this is not an April fools joke.) I picked it up and didn't see any immediate damage so I put the hood and lens cap back on it and came into the house. An initial inspection shows that it probably landed on the lug which is screwed into a plate which is attached on the bottom of the camera. There is not a mark on the camera body itself or the lens as far as I can see and a couple of test shots showed that it is functioning so I'm hopeful that I dodged a bullet.
Yikes I held my breath waiting to see how things worked out and I have my fingers crossed that all remains well. My K-3 took a light tumble last summer and I was lucky too. I am waiting to hear from a hand surgeon as I drop things on a regular basis and carpal tunnel has been fingered as the cause.
04-01-2017, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
started to put the strap over my head when it came loose and landed hard on the pavement.
Nothing to lose one's head over.