Show Printable Version 195 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #226
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Yeah haha. party has been over for me for a while... ☺️
And I left the party two weeks ago
Fisheyes are niche lenses, and the effect gets old pretty quickly unless used sparingly. I nearly always have my DA10-17 in the bag though.

04-23-2017, 03:57 PM - 4 Likes   #227
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
To paraphrase The Jerk, "The new Explore is here! The new Explore is here! I'm somebody!"

FWIW, every Explore I've had was from an image I posted to a Single In challenge.
04-23-2017, 04:22 PM   #228
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gifthorse Quote
To paraphrase The Jerk, "The new Explore is here! The new Explore is here! I'm somebody!"

FWIW, every Explore I've had was from an image I posted to a Single In challenge.

congrats!
04-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #229
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Awesome!

04-23-2017, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #230
Veteran Member

lol is that why I'm suddenly getting followers I've never interacted with before? Because I've got the first comment on that photo?

Congrats!
04-24-2017, 04:07 AM   #231
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Fisheyes are niche lenses, and the effect gets old pretty quickly unless used sparingly.
I don't agree, but I understand why many think that. For me, making the mundane a little surreal is my kind of niche.
I got home late last night, so I'll post Sunday's Fisheye shots, a few of which look to have come out very nicely.

I don't think that's the case for me, but I'm sure submitting regularly helps. Congrats on the Explore, it's a heckuva shot.
04-24-2017, 04:12 AM   #232
Veteran Member

So i have a manfrotto 290 monopod. I bought it second hand over a year ago and never used it. I took it out for a spin today as i want to use it with the q for the next few months. Onoy to discover the head on it has a wider screw attachment than my q body. Obviously i need an adapter of some description.

I have a ball head with my normal tripod, which is also a manfrotto, but can't figure out how to take it off.

Can somebody help? Or would it be smarter to just buy a cheap adapter off ebay? If so, what would it be called?

04-24-2017, 07:30 AM   #233
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
So i have a manfrotto 290 monopod. I bought it second hand over a year ago and never used it. I took it out for a spin today as i want to use it with the q for the next few months. Onoy to discover the head on it has a wider screw attachment than my q body. Obviously i need an adapter of some description.

I have a ball head with my normal tripod, which is also a manfrotto, but can't figure out how to take it off.

Can somebody help? Or would it be smarter to just buy a cheap adapter off ebay? If so, what would it be called?
Some monopods have a reversible size screw on top, the model notes on that model at B&H indicate that your model like that. The top may screw off and allow you to flip over the screw thread adapter.

---------- Post added 04-24-17 at 10:45 AM ----------

At about 4 mins this shows this monopods method of adapting the screw size. Manfrotto has a habit of morphing their designs without renaming so older model 290's may have different adaptations.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 04-24-2017 at 07:43 AM.
04-24-2017, 09:40 AM   #234
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

My Manfrotto monopod has a regular head attached, I don't attach directly to the monopod. Might want to think on that too, wolfiegirl.
04-24-2017, 10:09 AM   #235
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
My Manfrotto monopod has a regular head attached, I don't attach directly to the monopod. Might want to think on that too, wolfiegirl.
Most of the time mine is similar. I also would point out that the add on monopod specific heads available tend to be pretty limited so using a small ball head is typically better albeit larger.
04-24-2017, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #236

Photos: Albums
I actually took some pictures yesterday. Maybe I'm climbing back on the wagon for the end of the month. Will post tonight and catch up checking out all of your shots, hopefully.

04-24-2017, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #237
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I took possession of a new/used lens today. Cost was pretty cheap $30 including shipping.

SMC Pentax-FA 100-300mm F4.5-5.6 Reviews - FA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Back in the day when I first started using AF cameras, I bought the other version, the SMC F 100-300mm since sold when I changed venue and got out of photography for a few years. I heard the FA version had better optics or was at least sharper at 300mm than the F version. I never saw one for sale until last week.
So, now, I'm not sure which lens to use for May.
04-24-2017, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #238
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by doroth2 Quote
Maybe I'm climbing back on the wagon for the end of the month.
Wasn't there a Dixie Chicks song about "taking my turn on the Single In wagon"?
04-24-2017, 06:07 PM   #239
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Right. Any idea what the additional attachmwnt would be called?
04-24-2017, 06:37 PM   #240
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Any idea what the additional attachmwnt would be called?
I don't know what attachment you mean. I have a small (called jr) tripod head on my monopod.