Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-04-2017, 03:10 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Luxury accomodations

My Family leads a pretty frugal Lifestyle. We don't travel much and often tent Camp when we do. We decided to splurge and really go somewhere nice like the rich and famous do.

My wife left the accommodations to me as I am a master at this stuff. I called around and found a place on a Lake that sounded perfect.. It was expensive ,though I did haggle the agent down a bit. I felt like I got a good deal.

We packed up, and off we went.. we finally arrived.. It was definitely very unique. It had a quaint but elegant look and a lovely porch overlooking a lake. My wife was totally overwhelmed with joy, she could not even speak. I could tell by her pale look though that she was tired from the trip and could not wait to get inside...

_igp1831

Like all the wealthy places out there, you know the truly high end ones it even had a custom Bathroom, that was surrounded by the beauty of the forest. It had features I had never used before. I made a note to call the agent and ask her how it worked, it was beyond me. I did really like way the designers plan it to be open air...so avant garde!

_igp1819

_igp1821

You can imagine we were excited to taste the fine cuisine.... The agent had said it featured a spacious open air restaurant. The restaurant was famous for its Lobster dishes served by the Lake...

_igp1826

_igp1857

I really was amazed by the whole experience. You know restaurants always try and make you think they are so special with all the fancy decorations, the fancy silverware and glassware..... But this place totally blew them out of the water with their food and simplicity of presentation....

_igp1862

I think I went overboard and spent too much money, It was all too much for my wife. She said she was not feeling well and really needed to leave, so we didn't even get to spend the night
Ah well... It felt good to splurge a bit, see how the other half live... I do believe we are better off for the experience. Neither my wife or Kids have asked to go on vacation since it was such a fulfilling trip.

al

---------- Post added 04-04-17 at 03:17 PM ----------

Oops... I think I should have put this in the section for Photo Stories. Could a Mod please move this if need be.

Thanks,
al

04-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Oops... I think I should have put this in the section for Photo Stories. Could a Mod please move this if need be.
Thanks.
al
I've moved it for you. Great story.
04-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks on Both Accounts Mark!
04-04-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Thanks on Both Accounts Mark!
You're welcome.

04-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Anyone else have a story they want to tell with pictures..feel free to add it here....especially if it will make the reader laugh a bit.

Thanks,
Al