Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 138 Likes Search this Thread
05-23-2017, 05:01 AM - 2 Likes   #181
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
and I'm on vicodin currently
Do I take it that you are seeing more through the viewfinder than will ever appear on the image? ("Wow, pretty lights, spaced out, man!")

Best of luck.

05-23-2017, 06:39 AM   #182
Veteran Member

Hey all - struggling with a kidney stone currently. (It's been an eventful month! lol)

I'll be having a procedure done today to rid myself of it, and I'm on vicodin currently, so I may be silent for a few days. Just wanted to let everyone know.
I hope it goes well! My dad had one last month, his second in fact, that they had to remove in twice. (1x preparation, 1x removal, I won't go into more detail.)

I missed the whole weekend to be honest.. I do have a funny shot lined up for later today hopefully.

My website gave more work after I thought I had finished it than it should have and I've been, err, going to bed at 5am the past two days because I'm sometimes a bit stubborn
05-23-2017, 07:52 AM   #183
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
Well I have completely failed in May. Just too much going on. I've spent the last two weeks going from one veterinarian to the next trying to save my dog. Finally got some good news today. After a bone marrow tap there is absolutely no cancer. So hopefully we treat her with medication. Picked up the new medication today. The bonus is that Costco has it for $20 a month. Not the $300 quoted yesterday by other pharmacies. Maybe I can squeeze a few shots in this week. The weather has not very great either, way more rain then we need.
Good grief that's a lot of load to carry. Don't post unless it reduces stress. Take care of the 4 legged friend and I hope you are able to restore his/her health.
05-23-2017, 04:10 PM   #184
Pentaxian

No shot from me today. Kids' scout stuff, shopping and temporary dog minding ate up most of the light, and I won't insult this crowd by posting the garbage I took afterwards.

05-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #185
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"The Dog ate my picture"?

Got a few shots in the AM, no time in the PM, let's see what we got.

EDIT: The shot of the 1940 DeSoto hit Explore. That M 50mm f1.7 makes a pretty sharp picture with good DOF. I'm not a pixel peeper, but I checked this out closely on Flickr and was surprised at how much detail is in there.

Last edited by robgski; 05-24-2017 at 02:27 AM.
05-25-2017, 08:02 AM   #186
Pentaxian

Struggling to make shots because short-notice unplanned rescheduling of my kids' after-school activities is destroying my early evenings. But the SMC-M 135/3.5 is a lot of fun when it can be shot at its best. The downside of all the earlier film-era lenses (possibly even the A series, not completely sure) is that little tricks like P-TTL and high-speed sync that I'd love to use are not supported. And to make matters worse, the analogue TTL control module in either my AF280T or my *istDS (or possibly both!) is playing up, closing that door and making flash exposure with the old beast a hit or miss affair. (I suspect it's the flash, because the thyristor isn't exactly behaving either.)

Will be taking my AF080C home tonight to do some testing with extension tubes and see what's going on. If that's a go, I'm in business for the rest of the month, despite the weather; there's always something around the house that's good for a shot. If not, things might be somewhat spotty towards the end.

And now I have to start thinking about what's in store for June.
05-25-2017, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #187
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
Well I have completely failed in May. Just too much going on. I've spent the last two weeks going from one veterinarian to the next trying to save my dog. Finally got some good news today. After a bone marrow tap there is absolutely no cancer. So hopefully we treat her with medication. Picked up the new medication today. The bonus is that Costco has it for $20 a month. Not the $300 quoted yesterday by other pharmacies. Maybe I can squeeze a few shots in this week. The weather has not very great either, way more rain then we need.
Good luck giving the medication 😊

---------- Post added 25th May 2017 at 23:16 ----------

Hey all - struggling with a kidney stone currently. (It's been an eventful month! lol)

I'll be having a procedure done today to rid myself of it, and I'm on vicodin currently, so I may be silent for a few days. Just wanted to let everyone know.
Ouch, best wishes and come back strong

05-25-2017, 05:47 PM - 1 Like   #188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hey, all - June thread is up. Time to start thinking about the next "single in" lens!

Single In June 2017 - PentaxForums.com

Also, thanks everyone for all the well wishes! Still working on a resolution to the kidney stone thing, but thanks to medication I'm functional at least. Just have to watch my activity and not stir things up.
05-25-2017, 07:06 PM   #189
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I'll take good news over pics any day
I agree, thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
Prayers go with you and your pup. Do take care of those priorities.
Thank you, she seems to be better the last few days.

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Big hugs.
Thanks you.

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Good grief that's a lot of load to carry. Don't post unless it reduces stress. Take care of the 4 legged friend and I hope you are able to restore his/her health.
Thank you, I have not even picked up a camera until tonight. She seems to be doing better but only time will tell.

Hey all - struggling with a kidney stone currently.
I hope it passes soon, I've know a feel people to get these and they can extremely painful to deal with.
05-26-2017, 12:28 AM - 1 Like   #190
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That might be the end of my month now. I'm off on holiday today for a week and there will not be much connectivity. Taking my lens with me so I'll finish off my images but may not be able to post until I return - so I'm not ignoring you all from now on 😊
I shall look in whenever I can - might think about June too.
05-26-2017, 04:53 AM - 3 Likes   #191
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just read through the last few pages of all that I missed. Love you guys! Sorry I'm such a bad Single-inner this year!

I have daily photos, but I'm going to let my plan for the year-long M35/2.8 give up its ghost. I also gave myself permission to not feel obligated to make daily shots, but so far that hasn't been much of a problem (and, psychologically, once I told myself I didn't have to, it became much easier). I'm so buried in pictures that need to be ran through Lightroom, but I haven't been able to find the time after the work day to sit down and process them. Adjusting to the new living situation is taking way longer than I thought!

I'll try to be better and come back when I'm good and ready. ;-)

xoxo
~Sara
05-26-2017, 05:10 PM   #192
Veteran Member

I appear to have pulled out of this months challenge too..

It's not that the 20mm Flektogon isn't nice to use or anything, I just feel like it's not a focal length I can use daily because too much fits on the image!..
It's fun to use but It's not something that can stay mounted for days, and I'm a tad lazy and haven't got enough adapters!
05-26-2017, 06:09 PM - 1 Like   #193
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
I appear to have pulled out of this months challenge too..

It's not that the 20mm Flektogon isn't nice to use or anything, I just feel like it's not a focal length I can use daily because too much fits on the image!..
It's fun to use but It's not something that can stay mounted for days, and I'm a tad lazy and haven't got enough adapters!
I used to live in Melbourne, Australia, where I was in or passing through the city on a daily basis, with plenty for a 20mm lens to drink in on that same daily basis (as I found out last year when I took the DA21/3.2 Limited there on a K-5). I could easily string a 20mm out over an entire month there without running out of subjects. Unfortunately I was not nearly as keen on cameras then as currently, and so naturally I now curse missed opportunities.

However, where I am now the opportunities for such a wide angle are not presenting themselves so often, which is why my significantly wider (especially on full frame) 17mm f/3.5 Tokina has not yet been nominated for a Single In. Given that the DA15 is unusable in full-frame mode without some truly funky vignetting and its APS-C FOV is closer to 22mm, the 17/3.5 is actually in many ways the widest-angle lens I own right now.
05-27-2017, 03:47 AM   #194
Pentaxian

What happened to the entry day for the 26th? I was sure I had posted in it last night. (My shot is misdated because I am having issues with the *istDS, but I was sure I put it up.)
05-27-2017, 05:08 AM   #195
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
What happened to the entry day for the 26th? I was sure I had posted in it last night. (My shot is misdated because I am having issues with the *istDS, but I was sure I put it up.)
your post is #4 in the thread for the 26th...