Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2017, 07:14 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm in for this month. I'll keep up as best I can. Our skies have finally cleared and I've felt like getting the telescope out so you'll be seeing some of the results of that this month along with whatever else I turn up.

05-01-2017, 02:52 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
...... Our skies have finally cleared and I've felt like getting the telescope out so you'll be seeing some of the results of that this month.....
Yes please! Hope the clear skies persist.
05-01-2017, 05:33 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Long exposure with partly cloudy skies can provide very interesting results, IMO.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
05-01-2017, 07:27 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I got home late on the first. Took a shot & it's kinda lame, but I will post tomorrow. Have a good night all.

05-04-2017, 01:22 PM   #20
Pentaxian

I know Im a few days late but I'm gonna jump in for the month again.
I have found myself in a bit of a creative rut the past few days, the incentive to get a shot for this every day does me good I think.

Plus various excursions are planned for June and July so unlikely to keep up over those months.

05-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
I know Im a few days late but I'm gonna jump in for the month again.
I have found myself in a bit of a creative rut the past few days, the incentive to get a shot for this every day does me good I think.
Awesome!
05-05-2017, 05:32 AM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My last moon shot was explored. I tried getting decent shots of Jupiter and The Virgo Super Cluster but they were hopelessly blurred. I did image the 4 "Galilean" moons of Jupiter but the planet was hopelessly blown out. My new equatorial mount arrives today and I'm hoping that with that and a good polar alignment I will obtain better tracking. Better focusing is going to require more practice and learning better techniques. Darker skies would help a lot too.

05-07-2017, 05:30 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
My last moon shot was explored. I tried getting decent shots of Jupiter and The Virgo Super Cluster but they were hopelessly blurred. I did image the 4 "Galilean" moons of Jupiter but the planet was hopelessly blown out. My new equatorial mount arrives today and I'm hoping that with that and a good polar alignment I will obtain better tracking. Better focusing is going to require more practice and learning better techniques. Darker skies would help a lot too.
Congrats on the explore! Your night time shots have me itching o give it try. Unfortunately we've been overcast most of the time lately.

My Lilacs shot from Friday was explored too!

I posted late for Saturday, because we were at my daughter's power lifting competition. Never saw one before so it was pretty cool.
05-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Saturday was too busily housebound to shoot. I hope to make up for it today.
05-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #25
Pentaxian

For better or worse, the pinhole lens cap is on the camera for tomorrow, should be interesting...
05-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
For better or worse, the pinhole lens cap is on the camera for tomorrow, should be interesting...
another brave soul. you go!
05-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey all - it's been a hectic couple of days. Sorry for going radio silent - I should be back tomorrow with pix and comments.
05-09-2017, 05:38 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Just to add to this, I am currently in the dark woods channeling moody thoughts with my pinhole, actually really enjoying it!

05-10-2017, 05:27 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have such a tight schedule, that I literally dont find time for anything in advance. I posted the shots with the fisheye I got digitalized from April in the daily group on flickr. Sorry to not find time for any further actions.
05-10-2017, 05:44 AM   #30
Veteran Member

H all, I'm down in Little Rock Arkansas on business for a few days, I'm taking photos but will post later. the late day at a local brewery set me back.....