Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Post-Processing Challenge #221

Welcome to this week's Post-Processing Challenge!

Special thanks to Dartmoor Dave for providing Chalenge #220's memorable image to work with and for being such a gracious host!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to turn the photo below into something to your liking, be it mild or wild, realistic or artsy. You may submit as many entires as you wish, just get them in by Tuesday evening, May 23, before this challenge self-destructs and the next winner is chosen.

As always, have fun!

DNG

JPG

Information for the next host:

The mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: pentaxchallenge@outlook.com
The password is: postprocessing
Note to host: Copy and paste the above MediaFire information into your challenge to help the next winner

Last edited by JHfwp; 05-17-2017 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Added link to JPG version
05-17-2017, 03:15 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Orrie didn't have no fence in North and South Y'all.
05-17-2017, 03:44 PM - 3 Likes   #3
Site Supporter

Hmmm, that looks like a nice place to drive she said. I need a car she said.... So she stole a pretty one from the internets...

EDIT: I don't normally throw more than one "into the ring" but I was just loving this other color version so much I thought I'd toss it in with the rest .
Attached Images

Last edited by astonm; 05-20-2017 at 12:52 PM.
05-17-2017, 08:32 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter

05-18-2017, 12:00 AM - 1 Like   #5
Tas
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This looks like it's going to be an interesting challenge.

05-18-2017, 05:21 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
05-20-2017, 06:05 AM - 1 Like   #7

here is my try:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
05-20-2017, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #8

Hi. Great DNG!

Attached Images

05-20-2017, 07:49 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great start! Just a few more days to go...
05-21-2017, 06:17 PM - 1 Like   #10

great drive.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
05-22-2017, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm going to have to call this one a couple hours earlier than I would like to. My apologies if anyone is still working on an entry.

I was originally planning on a bear in the zoo shot I took right around this time, but I felt it was too tight on the bear to offer much in the way of a challenge; so this one ended up being brought up for service. You all (y'all for D1N0) did fine work on it.

D1N0 -- Your version really brought out the best in this scene, from the bright spring grasses to the warm sunlit moss in the trees. You get added points for doing a great job removing the fenceposts as well as the distracting azalea at the far end of the road.

astonm -- Usually when someone submits more than one entry one really stands out. These are both great. Bonus points for removing the bench, which really looked out of place, IMO.

Glenn5995 -- A fine entry. Your decision to darken the road allows my eyes to wander and take in the whole scene.

Tas -- I can't explain why, but when I look at your entry I feel a connection to the scene. It's almost as if I'm there. Nice work.

Dartmoor Dave
-- Our only black and white version, with a cinematic flair to boot. The image feels well balanced now and that distracting bare sky is no more. All-around solid work.

stek-7 -- Another all-around excellent entry. I like the added warmth you've brought out here.

tidji -- Welcome! I'm honored you chose this entry as your first post. Your image also has a wonderful film-like quality and feel to it. I hope you'll join us for more fun in the future!!!

jcomley -- Your version is close to how I remember the colors that day. Excellent job.

dcshooter -- A really rich and vibrant take. I would love to walk right into this one. Great job.

So, this was a tough one to narrow down. Very tough. They were truly all great. But a couple stand out to me...

Honorable mention goes to: dcshooter.

The runner-up, whose entry I wouldn't mind hanging on my wall this instant: D1N0.

And the winner, who thought it looked like a nice place to drive: astonm. Congrats! I love the work you did on your first entry, from the subtle frame and the darkened corners, right through to the vintage automobile. Fantastic job.

Thank you and everyone this week for your efforts and for bringing out the best in this photo.
5 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #13
Pentaxian

AH my favorite spot again. Thanks for hosting JHfwp and congrats @astonm
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter

oh goodness ! Thanks ! I wasn't expecting that. Such a wonderful scene to work with, many great entries. ( Now only if we had that Talbot.... )

I've got a recent photo in mind for the next one... I'll have it up in a jiffy!

---------- Post added 05-24-17 at 08:44 PM ----------

Here's #222 for you... ENJOY

Post Processing Challenge #222 - Snoqualmie Falls - PentaxForums.com