Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 53 Likes Search this Thread
07-03-2017, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry guys i fell asleep last night before i could comment. will catch up today!

07-03-2017, 04:56 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Totally agree
07-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Trying to catch up, I've posted a few things on FLickr, but haven't linked them to PF.
07-06-2017, 07:00 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm off line until the 10th. Still shooting though.

07-08-2017, 09:36 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A photo I put in daily In and 1 other group, has over 2000 views, and almost 70 "faves", but is not in Explore. This is an unusual event, unprecedented for me at least. Maybe it's because "Fireworks " is a trending tag?
[IMG][/IMG]
07-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
A photo I put in daily In and 1 other group, has over 2000 views, and almost 70 "faves", but is not in Explore. This is an unusual event, unprecedented for me at least. Maybe it's because "Fireworks " is a trending tag?
[/url][/IMG]
You may or may not be aware that Flickr has been acquired along with most of Yahoo by Verizon. There were some glitches in the InExplore notification process. The same thing happened to me. I looked for the invitation but didn't see it. An initial crusie through Expore didn't show the picture but I continued to get likes and comments. I finally went to bighugelabs.com and ran the scout search ans saw that the image was indeed explored. Hopefully thee transition issue will soon be corrected.
07-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #22
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
You may or may not be aware that Flickr has been acquired along with most of Yahoo by Verizon. There were some glitches in the InExplore notification process. The same thing happened to me. I looked for the invitation but didn't see it. An initial crusie through Expore didn't show the picture but I continued to get likes and comments. I finally went to bighugelabs.com and ran the scout search ans saw that the image was indeed explored. Hopefully thee transition issue will soon be corrected.

ditto - my sunflower shot never received the 'invite' for explore, but was there nonetheless...

07-09-2017, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sorry for the lack of submissions over the past couple of days. Personal laptop went belly up Friday evening, and I've had to reconstruct my workflow on my work laptop. I should be able to submit tomorrow.
07-10-2017, 08:41 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm back but am catching up.
07-10-2017, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Flickr's Explore went off air for about 12 hours Wednesday last week. It appears that the "In Explore" invite bot went down as a consequence and no invitations have since been issued. The Group's operator/manager David Kracht is away; the bot's resurrection awaits his return.
07-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #26
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

thanks for the info!
07-10-2017, 05:37 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah...been a bit busy, not able to break out of the rut I'm in photo-wise. Hopefully that will change later this week.
07-11-2017, 02:01 PM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well heck, my post for July 9th, got explored! My third one on flicker in 10 years. Nice.
07-11-2017, 05:54 PM   #29
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Well heck, my post for July 9th, got explored! My third one on flicker in 10 years. Nice.
coolness!

congrats!
07-11-2017, 06:03 PM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was supposed to do this all year. But a sickness including a vomiting wolfiepup derailed me last week.

In the meantime, am starting to amp up the photography business again, and took my k-50 and k-s2 with me up to sydney to take some shots of my friend to add some variety to my portfolio. Couldn't decide what lens to use on my Q, and have been so busy editing said shots and sorting out stuff that I haven't picked up the Q in days.

It's interesting shooting with the Q - it is very different to doing it with the big dslrs.

anyway, I still want to play, but i'm not sure what to do.

i've got the school photos coming up again in the next 2 months. So I feel like I should be working on honing my craft and not get rusty. Q won't work for that. The widest lens I have is the 01, but I've already done it. I have an auto 110 with no aperture control (I can't figure out what to put inside the lens to stop it down), or another cc lens. these options are all going to be telephoto though and not conducive to documenting life at home.

I also picked up a cosina 50/1.8 which i've used a few times on my k-50 with stellar results. but again, put that on the Q and it's telephoto. plus i'll need the monopod to stabilise. i found it a bit of a pain last time dragging the monopod everywhere in order to ensure no motion blur.