Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2017, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congrats JHfwp! Glad Bruce agreed with me in voting you the winner. That was a brilliant composite you put together and very well executed. Thanks for hosting and judging a fun round Bruce! Arizona Dave would have been my pick for 2nd place with his psychedelic entry.

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
which piece of software did you use
It's called the "Dream Smoothing" filter in G'mic, which is a image processing plugin/framework for Gimp. I like your ideas for selective application.

07-09-2017, 10:05 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Congrats JHfwp! Glad Bruce agreed with me in voting you the winner. That was a brilliant composite you put together and very well executed. Thanks for hosting and judging a fun round Bruce! Arizona Dave would have been my pick for 2nd place with his psychedelic entry.

It's called the "Dream Smoothing" filter in G'mic, which is a image processing plugin/framework for Gimp. I like your ideas for selective application.
That's nice of you to say. Truthfully I don't think I would have picked my own. They were all good to my eyes, your second, Tas's second, Dave's... and all the rest.

You mentioned Dave's psychedelic entry, which is kind of how I felt as I worked on my own version--drugged, queasy, and dangerously close, yet excited by the scene in front of me. I felt working on it as if the tracks were luring me in... and if I was left there much longer it might not have ended well. Well, not quite but the tracks definitely had some kind of hold over me. You can say I got into it!

Last edited by JHfwp; 07-09-2017 at 10:17 PM.