Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 87 Likes Search this Thread
08-05-2017, 06:14 AM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I bought the F version of this lens about 15 years ago, people kept telling me the FA version had better optics. But at that time it was more expensive and I couldn't afford to buy it then. I found this one on the Marketplace here for $30, and bought it. Seller never mentioned how bad if focused. And unfortunately for me, I didn't ask.
If there is ever a next time on buying older lenses here, I'll ask to see photos taken with it recently.

Thanks for allowing me to switch. I now have the Sigma DL Macro-Super 70-300mm f4 - 5.6 on the K-30 blue boy.

08-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I might be wrong, but it seems that lately I'm getting "faves" from questionable Flicker accounts, basically new accounts with a few pictures of women, and a link, a "come on" to another site in their profile. I get it, gotta attract eyeballs and plenty of people surf Flickr for just that sort of thing, but it's still a nuisance.
08-06-2017, 01:35 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I might be wrong, but it seems that lately I'm getting "faves" from questionable Flicker accounts, basically new accounts with a few pictures of women, and a link, a "come on" to another site in their profile. I get it, gotta attract eyeballs and plenty of people surf Flickr for just that sort of thing, but it's still a nuisance.
I've had that a few times as well. A tactic I would normally associate with Facebook. Guess it's just a social media thing you have to put up with occasionally.

08-08-2017, 10:46 AM - 3 Likes   #34
Pentaxian

Today I thought I would put the Jupiter in front of a roll of film and headed up to the hills to try and get some highland cattle in the rather bleak weather. Didn't get what I had in mind, but there should be some good ones on there none the less, will develop it tomorrow and back post todays picture.

08-08-2017, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #35
Veteran Member

I'm in!

Also.. How will I ever be able to trust flickrs "how to say hello in X language" ever again?

I got this today:
"Oi, Geoffrey'sCreations!

Now you know how to greet people in English"

08-08-2017, 07:04 PM - 1 Like   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
I'm in!
Awesome!

"Oi, Geoffrey'sCreations!
That's...that's just wrong.
08-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I made a post about this a short while back: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/173-general-photography/349519-flickr-fo...-blessing.html

Not quite as bad as those who from time to time spam Flickr with kiddy p0rn and worse, but at least the Powers That Be usually excise those ones fairly swiftly once they've been flagged (though I've occasionally seen some of their godawful garbage turn up again like bad pennies, with black circles in the upper left corner where their avatar used to be, and for some bizarre reason the "flag this" option is disabled. What gives here?).

Spam is everywhere.

08-09-2017, 09:55 AM - 2 Likes   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
and for some bizarre reason the "flag this" option is disabled.
Sounds like a good setting for some conspiracy theories

On another note, it looks like my sunflower shot from yesterday is getting explored! Not very far up the list, but I do seem to be getting about one view per minute.

Edit: It didn't get explored, but got 100 view in an hour for some reason lol

Last edited by Topsy; 08-09-2017 at 03:05 PM.
08-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #39
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm not sure I even want to finish this month with this lens. The Pileated Woodpecker showed up in my yard this morning and none of the photos I took of it were in even a tiny bit in focus. grrr!!!

I was told at one time that this lens was better than the non super version. I think I disagree with that statement.

I need a longer prime lens. I do fine with the 200mm prime I have, but these zoom lens I've got just aren't sharp enough at the long end.
08-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I'm not sure I even want to finish this month with this lens. The Pileated Woodpecker showed up in my yard this morning and none of the photos I took of it were in even a tiny bit in focus. grrr!!!

I was told at one time that this lens was better than the non super version. I think I disagree with that statement.

I need a longer prime lens. I do fine with the 200mm prime I have, but these zoom lens I've got just aren't sharp enough at the long end.
That's the downside of owning primes I fear, many zooms just don't cut it.
08-09-2017, 04:24 PM   #41
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

That's the downside of owning primes I fear, many zooms just don't cut it.

agreed - especially at the far end...
08-11-2017, 02:34 AM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Drive to work, drive home, waste time until bedtime, few photos, and no comments. I gotta get out of this rut.
08-11-2017, 03:43 AM - 2 Likes   #43
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

my new Sigma 28mm f1.8 EX DG arrived yesterday - she's a beaut!
08-11-2017, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #44
Veteran Member

Just checked flickr and remembered something. Then checked the time - 12:00..

Yep, I forgot after all.

I was fairly consumed in finishing a fountain pen today and taking a photo of another one.. After all I forgot to take the camera out again!
08-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #45
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Got nothing for today.