Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2017, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Hmm, no shot yesterday, not sure I'm gonna get one today now either. Poor performance this weekend, sorry.
But on a plus note my Thursday shot got explored, so that's nice.

08-12-2017, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #47
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
my shot of Sol and his hat from earlier in the week hit 'explore' last night...

(:
08-12-2017, 07:22 PM - 1 Like   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
my shot of Sol and his hat from earlier in the week hit 'explore' last night...

(:
Awesome! Glad Sol is getting the attention he deserves.

---------- Post added 08-12-17 at 07:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
But on a plus note my Thursday shot got explored, so that's nice.
Wonderful!
08-13-2017, 02:18 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Had none for yesterday either.. The time flew!

08-13-2017, 06:44 AM - 2 Likes   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Got lucky yesterday. Found a Bogen/Manfrotto 3001N tripod with a Bogen/Manfrotto 3126 fluid head at a garage sale. They sold it to me for $1 USD because it was missing a leg screw. I found a rough-and-ready screw replacement at a local hardware store, and was in business..

Here it is in action:
Attached Images

08-13-2017, 06:45 AM   #51
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
got lucky yesterday. Found a bogen/manfrotto 3001n tripod with a bogen/manfrotto 3126 fluid head at a garage sale. They sold it to me for $1 usd because it was missing a leg screw. I found a rough-and-ready screw replacement at a local hardware store, and was in business..

Here it is in action:

score!
08-13-2017, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Drive to work, drive home, waste time until bedtime, few photos, and no comments. I gotta get out of this rut.
Same. :-) Misery loves company.

I have photos, I just need to play catch up. That's what Sundays are for, maybe? I'm kind of grateful the Single in group is small this month. :-D

08-13-2017, 09:32 PM - 2 Likes   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm thinking of adding a fifth "theme day" next month - monochrome. What do you all think about that? Ideas welcome.
08-13-2017, 10:15 PM   #54
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm thinking of adding a fifth "theme day" next month - monochrome. What do you all think about that? Ideas welcome.
I like it - or replace one of the current theme days that isn't doing so well....
08-14-2017, 01:06 AM   #55
Pentaxian

Go for it, monochrome is a nice approachable theme even if you forgot whilst out shooting, yet plenty of scope to take it further.
I personally haven't managed either theme this month, Saturday's are my worst day photography wise. But I do like the idea of them and try to stick to them when able.

08-14-2017, 02:44 AM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

monochrome
I like theme days, they give me inspiration on days when I have none, feel free to add this theme, IMO.
08-14-2017, 04:34 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Monochrome is a good assignment - I say go for it!

I'm going to try to pay more attention to the project/this thread this week (instead of just vegging out after work) - it'll be helpful to remind me of theme days. I'm especially anticipating selfie-day, since that one is kind of my baby. ;-)

Is anyone going to attempt any eclipse shots on the 21st, also? I bought a filter from Amazon, but I got a message from them the other day saying the filter was not rated appropriately and to not use it. They're giving me a refund, but of course I had already pointed it at the sun (and even looked through the viewfinder for the briefest of moments before remembering I should use live view).

It's no big loss. I think I'm as much looking forward to seeing the darkness midday as I am to the spectacle of the shadow crossing the sun, and I'm glad it's been conveniently scheduled during my lunch break! ^_^
08-14-2017, 04:37 AM   #58
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Is anyone going to attempt any eclipse shots on the 21st, also? I bought a filter from Amazon, but I got a message from them the other day saying the filter was not rated appropriately and to not use it. They're giving me a refund, but of course I had already pointed it at the sun (and even looked through the viewfinder for the briefest of moments before remembering I should use live view).

It's no big loss. I think I'm as much looking forward to seeing the darkness midday as I am to the spectacle of the shadow crossing the sun, and I'm glad it's been conveniently scheduled during my lunch break! ^_^

I will be attempting to shoot the eclipse from here - it will be partial and I'm not planning on traveling to get closer to the totality path...

I'm in the same boat as you are with the filter from Amazon - a bit frustrated with them as they did nothing but refund the $$$ paid but gave no responses to any questions sent to them...
08-14-2017, 07:14 AM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I will be attempting to shoot the eclipse from here - it will be partial and I'm not planning on traveling to get closer to the totality path...
Same here. So far, Amazon hasn't told me that the solar film I ordered (and that will be delivered later this week) is deficient. So I have my fingers crossed.

Should we move S/BELFIE to the 22nd, to make room for the eclipse?
08-14-2017, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #60
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

nope - the 21st is inviolate....