Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2017, 06:33 AM - 2 Likes   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I might be upgrading my equipment today. A friend referred me to one of her co-workers, whose husband has a K-3 and a K-5 he wants to get rid of. About 10k shutter actuations on each. I'll be looking at them this afternoon. *fingers crossed*

08-24-2017, 06:48 AM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have fun
08-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #93
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope you find what you are seeking in either of those cameras.

FWIW, I love my K-5. I'd consider getting a K-3 if the price was right, but I have used a K-1 enough times (with the FA 77mm) to know that is my next camera purchase, so I hold off on anything else for now.
08-24-2017, 05:34 PM - 5 Likes   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
They made me an offer I couldn't refuse ...

The K-3 will be mine, and the K-5 for my wife (a new Pentaxian! Hooray!). The fellow was super-nice, and wanted his Pentax stuff to go to someone who would use it. I'm really grateful. Both cameras have ~10k shutter actuations and are in excellent shape. The surprise was the two DA star lenses - he let them go for an amazing price, and I couldn't say no.

I think I'm in the big leagues now. So excited!

08-24-2017, 06:09 PM   #95
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
They made me an offer I couldn't refuse ...

The K-3 will be mine, and the K-5 for my wife (a new Pentaxian! Hooray!). The fellow was super-nice, and wanted his Pentax stuff to go to someone who would use it. I'm really grateful. Both cameras have ~10k shutter actuations and are in excellent shape. The surprise was the two DA star lenses - he let them go for an amazing price, and I couldn't say no.

I think I'm in the big leagues now. So excited!

coolness!
08-25-2017, 05:31 AM   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Single in September thread is up ...

Single in September 2017 - PentaxForums.com
08-25-2017, 05:36 AM   #97
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Single in September thread is up ...

Single in September 2017 - PentaxForums.com

awesome!

08-25-2017, 03:31 PM - 2 Likes   #98
Veteran Member

Cool!

I glanced at the clock this evening and realised that it was 5 past 12 already.. No photo from me today, though I did take some action shots with my FA 28-200.

Since it wasn't, err, fully legal I'll just leave this one here:

By walking home this evening, without my camera, I saw a chap with a pre-war sports car (not sure what it was.. But I felt like I should know and didn't ask. facepalm). Gave him my card in case he wants some shots of the car.
Hope he does.
08-26-2017, 02:16 PM - 3 Likes   #99
Pentaxian

Not got a photo for today, but if you recall me mentioning I was entering the local shows photography competition the other day. Pretty pleased with the results, 2 first places in open and black and white.
Also discovered the judges are very pro dog with the animal class. Gonna have to steal a dog for next year, cats not gonna cut it.

08-26-2017, 10:22 PM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
Not got a photo for today, but if you recall me mentioning I was entering the local shows photography competition the other day. Pretty pleased with the results, 2 first places in open and black and white.
Awesome! Congratulations on the good showing!

---------- Post added 08-26-17 at 10:24 PM ----------

Sorry all - meant to take pictures tonight of the baseball game I attended (had the Q all hooked up with the Soligor 200mm for some high-magnification goodness) .. and forgot to put an SD card in the camera. D'oh.
08-28-2017, 02:25 AM - 1 Like   #101
Veteran Member

Just realised that I didn't take a photo yesterday...

But my asters from the day before hit explore! 😁
Very very far down though, spot 408.

and forgot to put an SD card in the camera. D'oh.
Been there done that, though not for an event (luckily!). Horrible feeling when your notice you haven't got a card with you!
08-28-2017, 03:10 AM   #102
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
QuoteQuote:
and forgot to put an SD card in the camera. D'oh.
Been there done that, though not for an event (luckily!). Horrible feeling when your notice you haven't got a card with you!

and here is where I ask, mainly for my own curiosity; why take the card out of the camera, ever?

I've been using digital cameras for at least the last ten years and never take the cards out of the camera body - the only time they are out are if I am curious what brand/size are there, or if I am actually replacing them...

I use the USB cable that comes with the camera and offload the pics that way - is there a reason why I shouldn't?
08-28-2017, 05:11 AM - 1 Like   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
and here is where I ask, mainly for my own curiosity; why take the card out of the camera, ever?

I've been using digital cameras for at least the last ten years and never take the cards out of the camera body - the only time they are out are if I am curious what brand/size are there, or if I am actually replacing them...

I use the USB cable that comes with the camera and offload the pics that way - is there a reason why I shouldn't?
Don't think there is a real reason. If I remember right it drains the camera battery.
Or if you're in a hurry and have an usb 3.0 card adapter.

With the K-1 I usually write to both cards and take one out and leave the other in the camera.
08-28-2017, 08:22 AM - 1 Like   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
My laptop has a built in SD card reader. I find it really convenient just to pop the card out of the camera, and load the pics that way. Just a personal preference.

---------- Post added 08-28-17 at 08:22 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
But my asters from the day before hit explore! 😁
Very very far down though, spot 408.
Congrats!
08-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My laptop also has a card reader, I try to always swap one between camera and laptop whenever I download photos, so I don't forget to put a card in when I need to go shooting.