Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
PP Challenge #232 Chester Street Scene

Hi everyone,

Welcome to PP Challenge #232. Many thanks to Tas for hosting the last challenge with an epic city-scape scene of Brisbane. I thought I'd go to the other side of the planet and try something a little different, a street scene. This was a quick grab shot taken in Chester UK with a K-30 and the DA 18-250. There may be a few technicalities to deal with but for me this challenge is about creativity. Street scenes are tough, I'm looking forward to seeing what folks can come up with here.

The challenge will be open for one week until the evening of Wednesday August 30th US PST.

DNG: PP Challenge #232

A note to the winner: Please copy and post this info into the next challenge.

The mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: ppchallenge@tmphillips.com
The password is: postprocessing

08-22-2017, 11:02 PM - 1 Like   #2
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for last weeks competition. I'll open the game for this week with tight crop. Edited in C1.

08-23-2017, 12:33 AM - 1 Like   #3
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looking for an older style feel

I couldn't decide on a useful crop so just went with processing the whole image. All PP done in On1 Photo RAW, adjusted tones and colour as well as fixing the CA then added some dynamic contrast, a lens flare, texture and a vignette.

Tas
08-26-2017, 03:31 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New Look

08-26-2017, 03:42 AM   #5
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcomley Quote
last submission as site wants money.
What site wants money? Pentax Forums?
08-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yes. if i gave they would give me more space to post. hasn't anyone else faced this?
No, not yet. Is it perhaps possible to remove your previous uploads/attachments and gain space back?
08-26-2017, 07:38 PM   #7
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yes. if i gave they would give me more space to post. hasn't anyone else faced this?
Ah, okay, well I do an annual subscription as the site runs on that support mostly. I don't have a lot of images in albums etc on the forums but the subscription has let me upload quite a bit so if you can it might be the best way forward or as Bruce suggests reduce the number of images you have uploaded.

08-29-2017, 08:57 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
1 day to go. Don't be shy.
08-30-2017, 09:01 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
This challenge is closed. Thanks to everyone who took the time submit an entry. This was a hard challenge and I think the smaller number of entries reflects that.

Tas Nice film-like rendering and the idea of introducing some flare is a great one.

iheiramo A lot going on in the original image but you managed to find a crop that works well.

jcomley Kind of HDR like rendering that I normally wouldn't go for. But I think you pulled it off and it works for this scene. Almost like a painting with nice bold colors. Attempted to correct the distortion as well.

BruceBanner I expected a lot of B+W renderings but yours was the only one. Nicely processed, I like the crop and great creative touch pulling out the turquoise in the signage.

Tough picking a winner this week and host for #233 but I'm going to give it to BruceBanner. Congratulations and thank you again to everyone who took part.

Last edited by caliscouser; 08-30-2017 at 09:12 PM.
08-30-2017, 10:13 PM   #10
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for hosting and the feedback.

Congrats Bruce, let's see what you've got.
08-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah... a tough challenge indeed and I think that added to the small amount of entries this week. It's Friday morning here downunder, I will get a new challenge up this Friday evening and update this thread respectively! Hmm... I wonder what kinda shot to use...
09-01-2017, 04:45 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New challenge is up yo! Check it out! #233 Bruce's HDR Mess... - PentaxForums.com