Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2017, 03:16 AM   #91
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
The things ones sees when one doesn't have a camera...
of course!

09-15-2017, 04:46 AM   #92
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I dropped my K-3 with the Sigma 28 on it
I have heard too many of these stories. Can someone please explain to me why they don't carry their precious gear in a safe manner?

(glad the damage doesn't seem to be too bad)
09-15-2017, 05:09 AM   #93
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I have heard too many of these stories. Can someone please explain to me why they don't carry their precious gear in a safe manner?

(glad the damage doesn't seem to be too bad)

agreed - this happens all too often...

this was a simple case of me pulling my camera out of my bag and not having a good grip on it, the lens caught an edge of the bag, and tugged it loose from my grip.... unfortunately, I can think of no way that this could have been avoided, other than: 1) grip it tighter, or 2) keep bag on floor, surrounded by pillows....

fortunately, the hood took all of the brunt, having been mounted on the lens.... the pieces that I glued back on the hood seemed to have bonded over night and I mounted the hood securely on the lens this morning, prior to leaving for the office...

not even the strap would have prevented this, unless I had the strap around my neck prior to taking the camera out of the bag....
09-16-2017, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
2) keep bag on floor, surrounded by pillows....
Wait, this isn't how you guys always do it? (says the woman who let her K-1 freefall out of her lap while stepping out of a car.)

09-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Half an hour left to think of a clever monochrome picture.

Also still got yesterdays to upload and comment on but I'm dead tired, don't want to put it off another day though...
09-18-2017, 01:59 PM - 1 Like   #96
Veteran Member

.. My star flare thing shot is on explore now, down at spot #262.

I'm not sure why, but for some reason it's always the shots I personally don't feel are at a very high level lol
09-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #97
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
.. My star flare thing shot is on explore now, down at spot #262.

I'm not sure why, but for some reason it's always the shots I personally don't feel are at a very high level lol

congrats , but I gave up the 'why?' of the explore shots....

09-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #98
Veteran Member

congrats , but I gave up the 'why?' of the explore shots....
For my own explores, I find the shots that make it to be a little underwhelming. Occasionally one that I really liked does end up getting explored
09-19-2017, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #99
Veteran Member

Looks like today is my monthly 'no SD card' day.

Not entirely sure how I ended up with none in the camera though!
09-19-2017, 08:16 AM   #100
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You forgot to remove it from the computer? I've done that but only once. When I went outside to shoot the Pileated Woodpecker......disappointed when I realized I'd left the card in the computer. By the time I got it and got back outside the bird was gone.
09-19-2017, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I have those too. I've been tempted to buy three or four extra SD cards and keep them in the car, just in case.

---------- Post added 09-19-17 at 10:33 AM ----------

Sorry I've been hit and miss the past few days. The rib injury from a couple of weeks back is healing slower than I'd like, and I'm finding myself pretty much tapped out by the end of the workday. Getting better slowly, though.
09-19-2017, 10:35 AM - 1 Like   #102
Veteran Member

Sandy has an excellent method that I've been employing since I first lamented about the embarrassing "No SD card" day during a Single In challenge.

If you take the the card out of your camera, leave the card door open. You'll wonder why it's open when you go to pick it up later. Same goes for charging the battery, though I'm a little weary of doing that while at work as things have been known to shift position when you turn your back :S
09-19-2017, 11:54 AM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dngr Quote
Sandy has an excellent method that I've been employing since I first lamented about the embarrassing "No SD card" day during a Single In challenge.

If you take the the card out of your camera, leave the card door open. You'll wonder why it's open when you go to pick it up later. Same goes for charging the battery, though I'm a little weary of doing that while at work as things have been known to shift position when you turn your back :S
I usually leave one in slot #2, but I must've only had one in the camera for a while now.

Too scared to break the door off if I leave it open to be honest!
09-20-2017, 02:26 AM   #104
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I've been tempted to buy three or four extra SD cards and keep them in the car, just in case.
I generally have two SD cards which I swap at each download, one in the card reader, one in the camera. I must remove one from the card reader in order to insert the one from the camera, so it's natural to replace one with the other.

I have at least one spare in my camera bag as well. Keep your SD cards as close to your camera as possible, then one need only look in one place for both.

This month has gotten busier, no shooting in the last two days, and little commenting.
09-20-2017, 04:24 AM   #105
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

.. or, never take the cards out of the camera - use the USB cable provided by Pentax to connect camera to computer....