Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 67 Likes Search this Thread
09-10-2017, 03:58 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Thanks, very much the same here, summer is definitely over and it's not inspiring at all.

09-10-2017, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bad weather can make good pictures, but it's tough when the leaden skies are the only thing to see.
09-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #33
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, well, it's more that I don't want to get wet
09-12-2017, 09:59 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Pentaxian

Many thanks to everyone who commented on and fave'd my Daily in September ladybug photo, as it was Explored yesterday. You really do help the chances of an Explore.

Surprisingly, a second photo of the same ladybug and same flower was Explored at the same time, and hung in there for the whole day. I've had two (and three) photos Explored on the same day very occasionally, but never the same subject. So perhaps us DIC participants actually do live in a parallel universe. Here's the one I didn't post on the challenge thread:

09-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #35
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Many thanks to everyone who commented on and fave'd my Daily in September ladybug photo, as it was Explored yesterday. You really do help the chances of an Explore.

Surprisingly, a second photo of the same ladybug and same flower was Explored at the same time, and hung in there for the whole day. I've had two (and three) photos Explored on the same day very occasionally, but never the same subject. So perhaps us DIC participants actually do live in a parallel universe. Here's the one I didn't post on the challenge thread:

congrats!
09-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #36
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
So perhaps us DIC participants actually do live in a parallel universe.
You can't feel safe anywhere!

A very deserved Explore, though. Well, two
09-12-2017, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Learned this morning that I will probably need a second surgery soon on my foot and Achilles....this after a long 7 month rehab from February's surgery.....sorry but my photo mojo has left the room....

09-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #38
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
Learned this morning that I will probably need a second surgery soon on my foot and Achilles....this after a long 7 month rehab from February's surgery.....sorry but my photo mojo has left the room....
Really sorry to hear that. Another round does not sound like fun at all

Not much of a comfort, I guess, but we'll still be here when your mojo comes back. Let's hope that'll be sooner rather than later, and maybe even the second surgery can be avoided still. Best of luck!
09-14-2017, 04:59 AM - 3 Likes   #39
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Heh, my quick-pic from yesterday just hit Explore. Not easy to predict these things.

Then again, after having to dodge the trams and buses trying to run me down while taking this ...

09-14-2017, 05:08 AM - 1 Like   #40
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Heh, my quick-pic from yesterday just hit Explore. Not easy to predict these things.

Then again, after having to dodge the trams and buses trying to run me down while taking this ...

congrats!
09-15-2017, 01:11 AM - 1 Like   #41
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
congrats!
Thank you!

In other news, I'll be away for the next few days. Hope I'll be able to get some shots every day still, but might not be able to post anything until Monday.

Oh, and @Cabessius has challenged me (umm, or was that the other way around? ) to do a "different lens every day" challenge in October - in order to give the less used lenses some camera time. That would be great fun, but also quite a challenge!

I'm already preparing a speech to defend how not only using the phone counts as a lens, but also how the two cameras on the phone use different, albeit identical, lenses
09-15-2017, 03:11 AM - 1 Like   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Learned this morning that I will probably need a second surgery soon on my foot and Achilles
Pix or it didn't happen After all, Sandy posted some clinical shots to meet the Daily requirement
Seriously, swift recovery to you.

The last 4 days I was on a business trip in Washington, DC. sadly, I'd left my camera at home, though I did take a few shot with my cell. If they turn out I'll post them here.
09-19-2017, 01:02 PM - 2 Likes   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The (3rd) surgery on my Achilles / foot is scheduled for October 4. Lots to do to get ready to be non-weightbearing for 6-8 weeks so I'm bowing out of the remaining days of the Daily challlenge this month. I'll still check in from time to time. Photos from everyone have been great this month with a wide variety of gear.
09-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #44
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

The (3rd) surgery on my Achilles / foot is scheduled for October 4. Lots to do to get ready to be non-weightbearing for 6-8 weeks so I'm bowing out of the remaining days of the Daily challlenge this month. I'll still check in from time to time. Photos from everyone have been great this month with a wide variety of gear.
Sorry to hear you have to go through yet another round of surgery. Really hope they can get it right this time! Don't know how well I'd cope with being "grounded" for that long

Good luck when the time comes, and hope you get back more sure-footed can ever!
09-21-2017, 10:41 AM - 1 Like   #45
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Packing the backpack again for another Friday+weekend on another cabin with another part of the family. I don't expect there to be much time to do "me" things, and again, I'm not sure there'll be cell phone coverage. Also limited luggage as there are no roads going there - no crossing the lake on skidoos this time of year!