Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
06-15-2018, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Now that I'm with Darktable, I've been trying the split toning module to try to give some film-like results...

04-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Reviving this thread...

Still not quite happy with this B&W conversion but it does have a very film like look...

04-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Maybe a drop lighter on the highlights and I think you've got it. The tone reminds me of a long-forgotten paper: GAF (Ansco) Cykora, although developed in what I don't remember (around 1970 so sorry for the memory drop...).
04-14-2020, 10:06 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A couple more attempts at black and white, and I think I got close to what I wanted to accomplish with the processing in these. This time I used RawTherapee. The combination of the "film curve low ISO" preset with the TMax 400 emulation from the HALDCLUT is a good start that gets me very close to where I wanted to get to. I especially like how it handles the midtones, as opposed to a lot of emulations that just squash them to get a more "modern" look. When I do B&W I'm definitely not looking for modern

04-26-2023, 03:21 AM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IR noice

My IR converted D70s produces out of the camera a film like B&W, when adding some grain in PS it looks somewhat like a scanned in agfa professional 100 overdeveloped in rodinal.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D70s  Photo 
06-12-2023, 04:32 AM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hacienda

Digital black& white infra red does look a bit like film,though there isn't any grain. Cranking up the iso results in more noise wich doesn't look like grain. Here I've made a duotone image to give it the look of a warmtone print.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
07-11-2023, 01:41 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I created a film emulation in ART Raw Developer based on the Lomography HaldClut emulation, which I am pretty pleased with...

Somewhat less dramatic

I was going a bit more for a medium format look, so no graining.

07-14-2023, 10:20 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Here's another one using that film look that I quite like.