Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2017, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Hi team.

Would there be any objection if I made a clean break and switched to the FA77 for the rest of the month? Although there's very little *wrong* with the output from my FA*85, the more I use it, the more I'm asking myself whether I would be getting better results with its little sister.

I'm interested to see whether I can objectively justify my emotional impression, and I'm not sure if my enthusiasm stretches to doing a side-by-side comparison. If, however, there are any serious objections from the powers that be, I'll plug on as is
Life's too short. Have fun, we don't want you trudging along.

William: Oi sir, what are you doing?
Chaucer: Uh... trudging. You know, trudging?......... To trudge: the slow, weary, depressing yet determined walk of a man who has nothing left in life except the impulse to simply soldier on.

10-09-2017, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #62
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Philosophically, metaphorically, since you're asking, I'm going to poop on that party as not being truly in the spirit of Single In. You can't just change lenses all nimbly bimbly!? Why sign up with one if you're just going to allow yourself to switch on a whim?
Love ya Sara. You are of course absolutely right, and that's why I asked. I'll soldier on. Joylessly

If anyone wants to grab my dangly FA*85 I suspect it will be on the market in November

---------- Post added 10-10-17 at 07:03 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by chuck_c Quote
Hilarious! I had a feeling that this would be a fun group.
....and that's one reason I keep coming back

---------- Post added 10-10-17 at 07:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think it's fine to switch if you want to, Sandy. The most important thing is to have fun and if the FA 85 is too long to have fun, well...
Ah, but you're new around here, and unfamiliar with our culture of spartan asceticism

---------- Post added 10-10-17 at 07:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by nono Quote
Go ahead. If you don't think your 85 is good enough, I can always get it off your hands. ;-)
Sure, I'll give it away. But the postage will be astronomical!
10-09-2017, 01:57 PM   #63
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

...our culture of spartan asceticism

I like it!
10-09-2017, 02:50 PM - 2 Likes   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

grab my dangly FA*85
Now there's a line few could resist. It is tough to sign on with one lens only to find it a struggle, but it can be a good experience in the end.

I own the FA-77mm, and if I owned a K-1 the 85mm would appeal to me. maybe next year when funds may be freer.

So I'm back from my trip to my native land of New Jersey. It was a nice visit, and too short. The weather was nearly perfect. I took many pictures and I hope a few came out well.

Also, I am about to take an extended business trip to a place much further away, and a I want to travel light. I'm thinking about getting an Eye-i card for the K-5, and using my iPad for photo edits and uploads. Maybe I'd get a wi-fi enabled backup drive as well Any thoughts or lessons learned would be appreciated.

10-09-2017, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love ya Sara. You are of course absolutely right, and that's why I asked.
I'm glad this won't be the end of our long-distance camera-centric romance. <3 Promise we can stay Facebook friends at least?

(Maybe working in the litigation department has made me too confrontational. Ha!)
10-10-2017, 01:10 AM - 1 Like   #66
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I'm thinking about getting an Eye-i card for the K-5, and using my iPad for photo edits and uploads. Maybe I'd get a wi-fi enabled backup drive as well Any thoughts or lessons learned would be appreciated.
I have FlashAir cards in my both cameras for wifi. The latest version should support Keenai*, but haven't tested as it would have monthly fee after test period. The FlashAir app has been enough for my purposes, which is to preview shots on phone screen on shooting site. Basically the software only provides access to the memory card with possibility to download data. It doesn't give you remote controls.

* If I have understood correctly it's the brand they use for eye-fi nowadays.
10-10-2017, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Work has seriously interrupted play for me. 112hrs logged since Monday last week. I'm out unfortunately for foreseeable time.

10-10-2017, 08:30 PM - 1 Like   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Sorry for my absence. Last couple of days have been challenging. I'll do my best to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.
10-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Work has seriously interrupted play for me. 112hrs logged since Monday last week. I'm out unfortunately for foreseeable time.

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Sorry for my absence. Last couple of days have been challenging. I'll do my best to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.
Looks like it's a busy month for a few us, me included. If I have a cancelation this evening I'll be able to get caught up on posting.

---------- Post added 10-11-17 at 02:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I have FlashAir cards in my both cameras for wifi. The latest version should support Keenai*, but haven't tested as it would have monthly fee after test period. The FlashAir app has been enough for my purposes, which is to preview shots on phone screen on shooting site. Basically the software only provides access to the memory card with possibility to download data. It doesn't give you remote controls.

* If I have understood correctly it's the brand they use for eye-fi nowadays.
Quik comment and question: I have a sd card reader for my android tablet and phone. Basically it uses the small end of a usb cable to fit in the usb port on the androids. Is anything like that available for the Ipads?
10-11-2017, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Ouch! That's a lot..

I can jump in for you..
What focal length/lens were you using?

(I actually wanted to join in a week ago, but that week kinda..passed pretty fast)
10-11-2017, 11:12 PM - 1 Like   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
Ouch! That's a lot..

I can jump in for you..
What focal length/lens were you using?

(I actually wanted to join in a week ago, but that week kinda..passed pretty fast)
That is what I love about this challenge, life happens and knocks us out of the fun and challenging stuff like this challenge, and everyone is understanding and encouraging.

I changed lenses mid-stream. In my shooting yesterday I was not burdened with the low quality lens I had been singling. Out of yesterdays shooting two just hit Explore.

---------- Post added 10-12-17 at 12:08 AM ----------

The last orange off of our tree...

K-3ii with DA 35mm F2.8 Macro with single flash, AF160SA.

And just to balance the orange,
10-12-2017, 02:53 AM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am taking a break, prepping for this trip is eating up my free time, less in the shooting than in the culling and processing. I'll check in next week, but comment and lurk as I am able.
10-12-2017, 01:06 PM - 2 Likes   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Might be jumping back in...
10-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #74
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Might be jumping back in...

there you are!