Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 60 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2017, 12:50 AM - 1 Like   #106
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Hey, all - I'm currently 300 miles away from home and caring for my stepfather, who is recovering from pneumonia. Probably I'm going to be out of commission, shooting wise, for the rest of the week. I'll try to comment when I can.
I'm sorry to hear that - hope he recovers quickly. We'll be here when you get back

11-30-2017, 05:11 AM - 2 Likes   #107
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

The last day of MoNovember has arrived! A month of monochrome shooting has been huge fun. The main take-away for me has been that I have become better at spotting scenes that will work well in b&w. Next, I have gotten to play with more ways of developing my b&w shots, even started on the path to a general workflow that seems to work well for "standard" shots.

One thing I have become much more conscious of is the importance of colour treatment before converting to b&w. Usually I keep to just add a colour filter (typically in Silver Efex) if I need to make certain elements more (or less) prominent, but have also began to discover the power that lies in adjusting hue and saturation for separate colours prior to converting. I will definitely need to play more with these things, but am already happy with what I have gleaned from this month devoid of colour.

Our little group has really been greedy with the Explores this month. I've lost count, but we managed at least 5 in one single day! If nothing else it adds to the fun

Thanks to all who participated. I appreciate greatly the insights shared in the many comments - thanks for your time and effort!

Looking forward to participating again when daylight once more returns to the northern wastes I call home
12-11-2017, 12:25 PM - 2 Likes   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You all are dominating the Explore category, most excellent!