Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2017, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
just a note

I will be participating in this month's Daily (and the Single) and probably will continue to do so for the foreseeable future... that being said, do not expect commentary from me on your photographs; I shoot for me and if you would like to comment or critique my work, please feel free to do so...

if you do leave remarks, my first instinct will be to thank you for your time and attention, but I may not respond...

that's all, please carry on....

I shoot for me too (mostly) but I also strive to improve my shooting, even though I occasionally (and reluctantly) post something mundane just to maintain continuity in a month. When I look back at my posts of a few years back, I can see that I have improved, and that's primarily due to the comments that other participants have offered, especially in PF. I value that interaction very highly.

I also understand that it's often not possible to comment as often as one might like, due to family and work commitments, health issues etc., but what's the point of any group if there's no interaction at all?

So, just for the record, if you think any of my images or my techniques could be improved in any way, please don't hesitate to say so .

10-27-2017, 04:30 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

just a note

I will be participating in this month's Daily (and the Single) and probably will continue to do so for the foreseeable future... that being said, do not expect commentary from me on your photographs; I shoot for me and if you would like to comment or critique my work, please feel free to do so...

if you do leave remarks, my first instinct will be to thank you for your time and attention, but I may not respond...

that's all, please carry on....
What's changed? I have in the past found your input helpful. Just short on time?
10-27-2017, 04:38 PM   #18
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
I shoot for me too (mostly) but I also strive to improve my shooting, even though I occasionally (and reluctantly) post something mundane just to maintain continuity in a month. When I look back at my posts of a few years back, I can see that I have improved, and that's primarily due to the comments that other participants have offered, especially in PF. I value that interaction very highly.

I also understand that it's often not possible to comment as often as one might like, due to family and work commitments, health issues etc., but what's the point of any group if there's no interaction at all?

So, just for the record, if you think any of my images or my techniques could be improved in any way, please don't hesitate to say so .
thank you, Rod, I'm just tired of getting snapped at by other users in the Daily and Singles groups for either commenting or being polite when I receive commentary, so I'll keep my comments to myself, interactions to a minimum, and just shoot for my own enjoyment....

perhaps I erred in posting this here as I did in the Single thread...
10-27-2017, 07:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
thank you, Rod, I'm just tired of getting snapped at by other users in the Daily and Singles groups for either commenting or being polite when I receive commentary, so I'll keep my comments to myself, interactions to a minimum, and just shoot for my own enjoyment....

The error is with those doing the snapping. Commentary is part of the group format and politeness used to be a trait to be expected, not criticized. How our culture has changed!

10-27-2017, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I've always operated on the assumption that most want to interact on a regular basis in these challenges, and because of that I've always tried to comment on everything shared in the DIC/SIC challenges I have been a part of, as much as possible, regardless of reciprocation. I will continue to comment on everyone's daily shares whenever I want to, but based on this discussion, it seems appropriate to turn off my 'comment on everything that's shared as much as I can' mode for now, and become more selective, I guess, based on those who seem to want to reciprocate with commentary.

As for me, I echo what Rod said. As long as you want to, please do comment on my stuff. I really appreciate and enjoy it and it's a big part of why I've been playing in the DIC every month for the last two years.
10-28-2017, 03:59 AM   #21
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
As for me, I echo what Rod said. As long as you want to, please do comment on my stuff. I really appreciate and enjoy it and it's a big part of why I've been playing in the DIC every month for the last two years.
Same goes for me. Well, except I haven't participated nearly as much as I would have liked to. I tend to "burn out" after a few months and need to take some time off every now and then.

Oh, and when I comment it is as much for me as for anyone else. It forces me to analyse images and thus find out which elements I like (or don't like) in an image. Which is often why my comments can be rather descriptive a lot of the time. I find it to be a good way of learning.
10-28-2017, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not at all. I am surprised you got snapped at. I think it's lovely to have a social aspect - and a polite - thank you - or what a nice shot - is sometimes as welcome as detailed critique. Whoever snapped at you does not represent what I want to do in these threads. Sometimes I feel guilty for not having posted enough comments.

You and anyone else - feel free to post whatever comes to mind on my shots.

10-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Ditto, Comments help me grow so please do so. And i'm in for MoNo or at least will give it a good run.
10-29-2017, 05:06 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a full frame Fisheye coming on the slow boat from Korea, and having recently "Singled" a fast 35 and 85 I'm keen to see how the corresponding FA Limiteds stack up. I also need to check that my Q7 still works properly, as it didn't play at all nicely with my current "Single In" lens.

With all that going on, I reckon a "Daily In" might be a better fit than a Single. I don't think I'll be signing up for MoNovember though
10-29-2017, 05:17 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I have a full frame Fisheye coming on the slow boat from Korea, and having recently "Singled" a fast 35 and 85 I'm keen to see how the corresponding FA Limiteds stack up. I also need to check that my Q7 still works properly, as it didn't play at all nicely with my current "Single In" lens.

With all that going on, I reckon a "Daily In" might be a better fit than a Single. I don't think I'll be signing up for MoNovember though
Sandy I am thrilled to hear you will be playing with all of those - I look forward to your images.
11-01-2017, 07:04 AM - 1 Like   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Sandy I am thrilled to hear you will be playing with all of those - I look forward to your images.
MoNovember sound like fun. I'm in with the Q7 on Bold Monochrome setting.

---------- Post added 01-11-17 at 03:06 PM ----------

11-01-2017, 07:36 AM   #27
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hypernotactive Quote
MoNovember sound like fun. I'm in with the Q7 on Bold Monochrome setting.
todd will be thrilled, I'm sure
11-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
odd will be thrilled, I'm sure
Absolutely, and also hoping you're sufficiently inspired.
11-01-2017, 10:54 AM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

I'm in. Some of my older, less used lenses lack colour contrast so it'll be a chance to try them in black & white, although I'll probably go back to the favourites and in colour as well. The in-laws are staying for ten days later this month, but I'll endeavour to stay on track.
11-01-2017, 11:33 AM   #30
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
I'm in. Some of my older, less used lenses lack colour contrast so it'll be a chance to try them in black & white, although I'll probably go back to the favourites and in colour as well. The in-laws are staying for ten days later this month, but I'll endeavour to stay on track.
I haven't had the time to keep track of all the goings-on the last few weeks, but when did that K-1 sneak into your bag?