Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2017, 08:43 PM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I enjoy getting comments, and try to leave many, but it really depends on the device I use to view the pix. On mobile, it is tougher for me to type, especially due to wireless lag in this part of the world. On wired in PC, at home, I could key in comments more easily with better connectivity,

11-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm having some difficulty with notifications lately.

I see "social groups with updates" infrequently and then when I click it often all the threads are marked as read. If I review them I see pictures I haven't seen and even threads I haven't seen. Is this only happening to me? I'm not noticing it outside of the social groups and this is the only one I'm currently subscribed to.

So if I do not comment on a picture it may mean I haven't seen it. I am trying to see them all and comment on at least half.
11-06-2017, 10:59 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I'm having some difficulty with notifications lately.

I see "social groups with updates" infrequently and then when I click it often all the threads are marked as read. If I review them I see pictures I haven't seen and even threads I haven't seen. Is this only happening to me? I'm not noticing it outside of the social groups and this is the only one I'm currently subscribed to.
I'm not having any problems like that Brad.
11-06-2017, 11:07 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
I'm not having any problems like that Brad.
Well dang. I was hoping it wasn't just me.

11-09-2017, 05:16 AM   #50
Pentaxian

Is this you Lisa?

For your amusement, here's a screen shot from my iPhone today. All this month Savoche's comments have been appearing under the name Lisa Noble. Savoche/Lisa is not the only one. Our old Single in friend, Occasionally Focussed, for example, always appears under the name Ilia Aishanetsky.

Does anyone else have this quirk on their phone?

Last edited by utak; 11-09-2017 at 05:24 AM.
11-09-2017, 07:15 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's a new one... RE: Lisa.
11-09-2017, 10:07 AM - 2 Likes   #52
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
All this month Savoche's comments have been appearing under the name Lisa Noble.

Nope, I've not noticed anything funny on Android (nor Windows or Linux). Maybe it's Apple trying to get me in touch with my feminine side?

11-09-2017, 02:18 PM - 2 Likes   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Is this you Lisa?

For your amusement, here's a screen shot from my iPhone today. All this month Savoche's comments have been appearing under the name Lisa Noble. Savoche/Lisa is not the only one. Our old Single in friend, Occasionally Focussed, for example, always appears under the name Ilia Aishanetsky.

Does anyone else have this quirk on their phone?
Just checked and neither my iPhone or Apple laptops demonstrate this quirk Simon. Cheers, Natasha.
11-10-2017, 01:18 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Shoot, thought I had a new female taking notice of my gear, but it's just savoche.

I am not experiencing what Simon says, however as of yesterday, nothing on the flickr domain will load for me in firefox unless i disable all of my addons... i have guessing around 40 addons enabled, so now I've gone through the whole lot disabling a few at a time to find the culprit but no success... very irritating.
11-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Shoot, thought I had a new female taking notice of my gear, but it's just savoche.

I am not experiencing what Simon says, however as of yesterday, nothing on the flickr domain will load for me in firefox unless i disable all of my addons... i have guessing around 40 addons enabled, so now I've gone through the whole lot disabling a few at a time to find the culprit but no success... very irritating.
For me this would mean using a different browser for the Flickr site. LOL.
11-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
For me this would mean using a different browser for the Flickr site. LOL.
Yes, and not the end of the world since I am always running at least a few different browsers. But I much prefer firefox as my default browser so I have to use another browser for the forums and flickr so I can browse through our daily shares... oh well..
11-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #57
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

but it's just savoche.
Thanks for thinking so highly of me!

You do have a point, of course - you really have to squint hard in bad light to mistake my gangly 194cm figure for being female.

nothing on the flickr domain will load for me in firefox unless i disable all of my addons.
I have no problems getting firefox to work, but I have only a handful of addons. I have seen a lot of the Bad Panda page the last week or so, though.
11-10-2017, 04:46 PM   #58
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I've seen Bad Panda on flickr this week, as well - and on mobile, it sometimes just doesn't load at all...
11-10-2017, 06:31 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That bad Panda!
11-11-2017, 02:46 AM - 1 Like   #60
Pentaxian

We're all having Bad Panda days, but it seems I'm the only one with mistaken identities.

BTW Lisa Noble (YetAnotherLisa) lives in California, and if you take a glance down through her photostream, you'll see a creative photoshop-photographer at work. Perhaps she's Todd's alter ego?

YetAnotherLisa | Flickr