Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 60 Likes Search this Thread
11-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #76
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

No "real" shot from me today, and no comments. Hoping to do better tomorrow. I really need a good night's rest now, so... Good night!

11-14-2017, 04:15 PM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
My jiu-jitsu shot from Saturday made explore ...

Congratulations babywriter ! And to the rest of you, as well, who have reached that rarified air. Haven't gotten there yet, but I'm working on it.
11-15-2017, 08:40 AM - 1 Like   #78
Pentaxian

Sorry everyone, I'm out. After the loss of my K-3, I've not recovered my daily mojo (in fact the opposite), so today will be my last daily submission. Hopefully back when the camera is repaired and/or I find a replacement.
11-15-2017, 10:40 AM   #79
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Sorry everyone, I'm out. After the loss of my K-3, I've not recovered my daily mojo (in fact the opposite), so today will be my last daily submission. Hopefully back when the camera is repaired and/or I find a replacement.
Sorry to hear that, but not hard to understand. Will miss your contributions, though. Hopefully your K-3 is repairable - if not, I wish you luck in finding a suitable replacement. And don't forget, the K-1 is a formidable camera

11-15-2017, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #80

Photos: Gallery
Well, I haven't been here in a while and I'm late to the party for November. But I'd like to jump in anyway if it's alright with you all. I'm challenging myself to a month with the Olympus OM-D EM5ii and the Panny 25mm f:1.4. I've had the combo a while and it's never really clicked with me. But I would like it to. It has the potential to be a great lightweight walk-around kit. And I've been on a monochrome kick, so in that regard I'm in line with the month's theme. If I start now, my thirty days will of course run into December.
11-15-2017, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vZwicky Quote
Well, I haven't been here in a while and I'm late to the party for November. But I'd like to jump in anyway if it's alright with you all. I'm challenging myself to a month with the Olympus OM-D EM5ii and the Panny 25mm f:1.4. I've had the combo a while and it's never really clicked with me. But I would like it to. It has the potential to be a great lightweight walk-around kit. And I've been on a monochrome kick, so in that regard I'm in line with the month's theme. If I start now, my thirty days will of course run into December.
As far as I'm concerned it's great. It will be good to see your offerings from day to day.
11-15-2017, 09:35 PM - 1 Like   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have at it - I'm interested to see that 25 f/1.4 in action.

11-17-2017, 02:26 AM - 3 Likes   #83

Thanks! I see my first day's effort (bottles photo from the 16th) has been rewarded by the Flickr gods with an Explore. So far so good . Looking forward to getting into the full swing of things. One more shift at work today before 9 days of holiday, so I should have plenty of time to play over the next week.
11-17-2017, 02:37 AM - 1 Like   #84
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks! I see my first day's effort (bottles photo from the 16th) has been rewarded by the Flickr gods with an Explore. So far so good . Looking forward to getting into the full swing of things. One more shift at work today before 9 days of holiday, so I should have plenty of time to play over the next week.
Congrats! That's better than my no-show yesterday Hope I'll get back to shooting again today - a day without shooting is not a good day!
11-17-2017, 06:54 AM - 3 Likes   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This group is on fire. I've lost track of the number of explored we have gone this month. I have had one myself, my first of 2017.
11-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Hopefully that will be soon. You will be missed.

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Sorry to hear that, but not hard to understand. Will miss your contributions, though. Hopefully your K-3 is repairable - if not, I wish you luck in finding a suitable replacement. And don't forget, the K-1 is a formidable camera
I am loving the Taks on the K-1.

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
a day without shooting is not a good day!
A mantra that I am trying to adhere to, but it's not always that easy.

---------- Post added 11-17-17 at 02:44 PM ----------

Congratulations on the Explore!
11-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry for going radio silent, all - family issues. Picking things back up today.
11-19-2017, 06:48 AM   #88
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Sorry for going radio silent, all - family issues. Picking things back up today.
Some things are more important than photography. Hope things work out ok. And good of you to keep up here

As for me, I'm behind on my commenting. Trying not to spend too much time staring at screens doesn't help me catching up!
11-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #89
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

one of our Daily constituents had asked about the tripod ring for my newly-arrived FA*300mm f4.5 ED IF:

11-19-2017, 08:47 PM - 1 Like   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
one of our Daily constituents had asked about the tripod ring for my newly-arrived FA*300mm f4.5 ED IF:

Guilty and thank you.