Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 60 Likes Search this Thread
11-20-2017, 12:34 AM - 1 Like   #91
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
my newly-arrived FA*300mm f4.5 ED IF
Congratulations! Is that a Canon ring? That's what came with mine. Not a perfect fit but close enough.

11-20-2017, 02:18 AM   #92
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Congratulations! Is that a Canon ring? That's what came with mine. Not a perfect fit but close enough.
thank you...

yes - the tripod foot is for a Canon 70-200/4 and is a close-enough fit...
11-22-2017, 06:38 PM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Sorry everyone, I'm out. After the loss of my K-3, I've not recovered my daily mojo (in fact the opposite), so today will be my last daily submission. Hopefully back when the camera is repaired and/or I find a replacement.
Sorry to hear. Hope you get it sorted out soon. We'll miss your insight and images.
11-23-2017, 02:50 AM - 2 Likes   #94
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Really starting to feel the pain of shorter days here now. sunrise after 8:30, sunset at 3:30pm, sun is 10° above the horizon at its highest - and a dull cloud cover most of the time.

Ok, it could have been worse - up north they had their last sunset of the year two days ago. Next sunrise will be January 20th a bit after 11am Fascinating how they are eager to tell you about "The Land of the Midnight Sun" without mentioning that the downside is being "The Land of No Sun Whatsoever for Two Full Months"

11-23-2017, 06:12 AM   #95
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Really starting to feel the pain of shorter days here now. sunrise after 8:30, sunset at 3:30pm, sun is 10° above the horizon at its highest - and a dull cloud cover most of the time.

Ok, it could have been worse - up north they had their last sunset of the year two days ago. Next sunrise will be January 20th a bit after 11am Fascinating how they are eager to tell you about "The Land of the Midnight Sun" without mentioning that the downside is being "The Land of No Sun Whatsoever for Two Full Months"

I cannot imagine living there - it's bad enough for me that it's dark when I leave for the office and almost dark when I get home....

my production goes way off during the work-week, but I try to make up for it on the weekends and holidays (like today)...
11-23-2017, 02:37 PM - 1 Like   #96
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I cannot imagine living there - it's bad enough for me that it's dark when I leave for the office and almost dark when I get home....

my production goes way off during the work-week, but I try to make up for it on the weekends and holidays (like today)...
That's right; Happy Thanksgiving! It's just another day here, though.

The winters are definitely not what keeps me here The long days of summer make up for most of it, and other perks of our society tip the balance well over to the positive side. Then, of course, friends and family push the scale even further. The darkness still gets me down, though.

Talking of family, I'll be off to see some cousins tomorrow, then back home to a house full children and grandchildren on Saturday and Sunday. Might well be a few days without my participation, or at least with late postings.
11-24-2017, 06:26 AM - 2 Likes   #97
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well, I have clawed my way out of the Valley of the Shadow of Death, but I'm a long way from the mountain top. At least I feel like I'll last another day or two. I have a few images in the camera that I will post in the appropriate threads later today. I hope all of you are well.

11-24-2017, 06:36 AM   #98
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Well, I have clawed my way out of the Valley of the Shadow of Death, but I'm a long way from the mountain top. At least I feel like I'll last another day or two. I have a few images in the camera that I will post in the appropriate threads later today. I hope all of you are well.
What happened?????
11-24-2017, 06:53 AM   #99
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Right now I'm more worried about your wellbeing than mine! What's going on?
11-24-2017, 10:21 AM - 2 Likes   #100
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
First of all let me say that I'm engaging in some hyperbole. I have been down for about a week with a severe cold or possibly flu. My "get and go done got up and went." I'm feeling much better with just a little residual cough and a bit of a sniffle. I actually managed to get images on all but one or 2 days and when I post them I will be caught up. Commenting is a different kettle of fish...
11-25-2017, 07:45 PM - 2 Likes   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

DAILY IN DECEMBER 2017

Todd is "housebound" right now, so I've taken the liberty of posting the December DIC thread here.

Christmas is a'comin'

11-26-2017, 01:17 PM - 1 Like   #102
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My farm field shot from the 24th got explored ...

11-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #103
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
My farm field shot from the 24th got explored ...
Congrats! And to Rod for his shot from the 24th as well. We're racking up a lot of Explores this month
11-29-2017, 03:44 PM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey, all - I'm currently 300 miles away from home and caring for my stepfather, who is recovering from pneumonia. Probably I'm going to be out of commission, shooting wise, for the rest of the week. I'll try to comment when I can.
11-29-2017, 11:31 PM - 1 Like   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Hey, all - I'm currently 300 miles away from home and caring for my stepfather, who is recovering from pneumonia. Probably I'm going to be out of commission, shooting wise, for the rest of the week. I'll try to comment when I can.
Sorry to hear about the Step Dad's illness. Take care - don't worry about us.