Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 48 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2017, 01:38 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They would be arrears of up to two weeks. That's no way to do a single-in. Chances are I might not even remember which day I'd taken the picture on by the time developing and scanning rolled around. I don't have the time or energy to keep a log of this stuff; I want it to be fun, not to rule my life.

11-01-2017, 02:00 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
They would be arrears of up to two weeks. That's no way to do a single-in. Chances are I might not even remember which day I'd taken the picture on by the time developing and scanning rolled around. I don't have the time or energy to keep a log of this stuff; I want it to be fun, not to rule my life.
I like the way the "Daily In" challenge handles this issue: you post the picture according to the day it's scanned, not the day it's taken. I've taken advantage of this to work through a couple of 120 rolls on my Pentax 645 in that group. It's worked well, and I've appreciated the feedback.

Just wondering: what do the rest of you think about that? Would that be an acceptable accommodation? (I sure wouldn't mind the option of putting my "single in" lens on a film body for part of the month.)
11-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Fair enough. I just thought that it might be a work-around to work with film rather than digital.
11-03-2017, 04:20 AM   #19
Pentaxian

After due consideration, I'm out; I don't have any lenses on my shelf I'm burning to shoot with, and with various things at home and work going on, coming up with something every day would be too much of a chore to be enjoyable. Between work and home I simply can't get out and about for long enough to scout out new things, especially with short days closing in and daylight saving in the Northern Hemisphere about to end, and I have photographed everything in my immediate surrounds to death. I will try to post in lens or camera-specific galleries/threads from time to time, but Single In is no longer a viable possibility for me.

11-03-2017, 05:41 AM   #20
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

just a quick note, if anyone has an interest in the Sigma 28mm I shot in the SIC for September - it's been further reduced to $169 at Adorama (looks like they are clearing out old stock)....
11-03-2017, 02:51 PM - 1 Like   #21
Forum Member

Hello from the Canary Islands,

I'm quite late to the party... I had some issues with resurrecting my old flickr account and work trouble.
Would you guys mind if I joined in for November?
Inspired by the single-in thread I did kind of a single challenge myself last month... and did learn tons about the chosen lens in just a few days.
Time to up the game and finally join in. If that's ok for you, I'll join tomorrow. The photos for 1st to 3rd are already done and up on flickr

Sunny regards, Fabian
11-03-2017, 04:10 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fabros Quote
Hello from the Canary Islands,

I'm quite late to the party... I had some issues with resurrecting my old flickr account and work trouble.
Inspired by the single-in thread I did kind of a single challenge myself last month... and did learn tons about the chosen lens in just a few days.
Time to up the game and finally join in. If that's ok for you, I'll join tomorrow. The photos for 1st to 3rd are already done and up on flickr

Sunny regards, Fabian
There’s always room for another! I’m sure I’ll miss a day or two and be late posting before the month is over. Things happen to all of us.

11-03-2017, 08:48 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fabros Quote
The more the merrier!
11-04-2017, 03:36 AM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

After due consideration, I'm out; I don't have any lenses on my shelf I'm burning to shoot with, and with various things at home and work going on, coming up with something every day would be too much of a chore to be enjoyable. Between work and home I simply can't get out and about for long enough to scout out new things, especially with short days closing in and daylight saving in the Northern Hemisphere about to end, and I have photographed everything in my immediate surrounds to death. I will try to post in lens or camera-specific galleries/threads from time to time, but Single In is no longer a viable possibility for me.
Bummer - maybe consider it again when the days are longer in 2018?
11-04-2017, 04:58 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Maybe after the snow has melted. That will be April/May at least.
11-04-2017, 03:15 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have been following your photos, keep up the good work.
11-04-2017, 03:26 PM   #27
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
There’s always room for another! I’m sure I’ll miss a day or two and be late posting before the month is over. Things happen to all of us.
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
The more the merrier!
Thanks for the welcome.
Posted my "home work day 1-3"
Todays backlit theme showed that I might have an issue with my lens. Rainbows and flare all over , so I went with the safety shot.
11-04-2017, 07:09 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
You will be missed. Hopefully you can rejoin us at a more oppurtune time.

---------- Post added 11-04-17 at 07:52 PM ----------

Hey everyone - I forgot to put in the calendar reminders for the theme days. My apologies - I'm doing that now.
11-07-2017, 07:46 PM - 2 Likes   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Good news on my end. I finally got my new computer built. This new 25" IPS monitor is amazing so much space and brilliant colors. With a 2Gb video card, and 16GB RAM, work flow is pretty quick. And I don't have to squint trying to read what you guys write.
11-07-2017, 08:56 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Good news on my end. I finally got my new computer built. This new 25" IPS monitor is amazing so much space and brilliant colors. With a 2Gb video card, and 16GB RAM, work flow is pretty quick. And I don't have to squint trying to read what you guys write.
Woohoo! Congrats!