Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2017, 04:46 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I think I'll sit this month out. Too much going on in my life right now, six birthdays this month, tentative move possible, and Christmas...not a lot of time for photography. Plus I'm still sick!
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

11-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Okay, sorry but I’m going to have to jump ship before the month has even started 🙁. All change here both at home and work so I’m not going to be able to participate fully. Another month missed.
11-30-2017, 07:06 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am in for December but not sure what I will shoot. I flaked at the end of October while I was printing and framing a bunch of pictures (14) for a display at a coffee shop in Ojai and then recovering from the intensity of that preparation I took off November. Though I could post in many of the threads, without the pressure of the daily challenges, I shoot fewer shots and then don't post any.

I'll probably pick something for portraits in preparation for the holidays or a zoom to prepare for spontaneous shots of the granddaughters at holiday events.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Tossing up between the Samyang 12mm fisheye and the DFA28-105

Thoughts?
Either one would be nice. I'd love to see the 12mm but since I am considering the the DFA28-105 if I don't go with a prime that would be one I'd lean toward.

---------- Post added 11-30-17 at 06:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I think I'll sit this month out. Too much going on in my life right now, six birthdays this month, tentative move possible, and Christmas...not a lot of time for photography. Plus I'm still sick!
Being sick, especially when so much is going on is no fun. Hope you get better to enjoy all the activities.
12-01-2017, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Just confirming I'm in this month with a Phoenix 28-105. It's an A manual-focus lens and early tests have been promising.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
XT1635-01  Photo 

Last edited by babywriter; 12-01-2017 at 12:31 PM.
12-01-2017, 12:20 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

I am still considering giving it a shot, but I might have to delay my start by a day or two while I figure out which lens to use.
12-01-2017, 01:54 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

I'm in with my Cosina 28/2.8

I was baffling if I should have gone with Samyang 14...but Maybe I'll save it till January(can't affors new lenses now, so just trying out oldies from my closets...have done them with K-3, but not with K-1)

Have a good month everyone!
12-01-2017, 05:15 PM - 2 Likes   #22
Pentaxian

In for a penny, in for a pound - Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4; a hot, hot lens for a cold, cold month. It's December; can you hear the flames crackling in the fireplace?

Oh no, wait; that's the gamma-ray counter...

12-02-2017, 01:31 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

I feel like I should participate this month, not sure what lens yet but I'll sleep on it.
12-02-2017, 04:25 AM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

Posted my first day's photo in the wrong challenge.... dur......
12-02-2017, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I delayed purchasing my SdCard reader backup drive with wi-fi, as well as a FlashAir card, so I cannot post pix until they arrive. The area I am in is easily the least photogenic place on earth, so there will be a lot of abstracts. I'm hoping I can persuade a few co-workers to sit still while I work on portraits, too. In a drab plac, it is the people that give life to a setting.
I am looking forward to seeing the results if my hometown's annual calendar contest. I feel I put in some good submissions that capture the both known and little known places, and pix that hint at the feel of our small town, but most importantly, the beauty of the area will live in, year-round. For me, the hardest season to capture is summer, it is beautiful, but the lighting is tough. I used the Ricoh WG to get some shots of people swimming and diving, that is summer to me. I hope the judge agrees. I am up against some very talented people, which is a great challenge. It is nice that more people compete every year, as well. It makes earning one of the 12 monthly photos all the sweeter, and perhaps this will be the year I take best in show. No money is involved, the calendar sells perhaps a few hundred copies, but it is nice to make the grade amongst peers. I will not be the for the ceremony, which is my favorite part, because the critiques the judge gives every year have really helped me improve my technique, and made me consider different ideas in composition, different subjects. In the end, I think it is good for hobbyists to join in a friendly competition and critique.
12-02-2017, 06:16 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Pentaxian

Settled on the only lens that has been with me since the beginning: the old tamron adaptall 90mm macro. Been stuck inside a dark theater all day so we'll see how it goes.
12-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I am looking forward to seeing the results if my hometown's annual calendar contest. I feel I put in some good submissions that capture the both known and little known places, and pix that hint at the feel of our small town, but most importantly, the beauty of the area will live in, year-round.
Sounds like a great contest. Best wishes on a successful outcome!
12-03-2017, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

I'm wrecked because of drive to Oulu and back...got some shots, but have to wake up Eeeearly tomorrow, so will post them now, but catch up with comments tomorrow after work...going to sleep.
12-03-2017, 07:33 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by W412ren Quote
Okay, sorry but I’m going to have to jump ship before the month has even started 🙁. All change here both at home and work so I’m not going to be able to participate fully. Another month missed.
I know the feeling. Same with me. Good intentions, but with how busy I've been I forgot to even start the month. There's always January I guess.
12-04-2017, 11:06 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
I know the feeling. Same with me. Good intentions, but with how busy I've been I forgot to even start the month. There's always January I guess.
January is possible, we have a family wedding early on (the 4th!!) so I would have to choosey lens carefully :-)