Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 60 Likes Search this Thread
12-20-2017, 08:42 PM   #61
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Ouch!!!

That's a fair swap, and a good reason for doing so.

thank you

having a helluva week - I also managed to corrupt the pair of SD cards in the K-3 over the weekend - completely unusable, even after multiple formats both in camera and via card reader.... I guess it was time to replace them....

12-21-2017, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
thank you

having a helluva week - I also managed to corrupt the pair of SD cards in the K-3 over the weekend - completely unusable, even after multiple formats both in camera and via card reader.... I guess it was time to replace them....
Wow, not nice...and well good reason to get nice cards and perhaps couple for back up hopefully our lens will recover thou ..
12-24-2017, 11:05 AM - 1 Like   #63
Pentaxian

I'm glad this month is coming to an end. Busy at work with multiple changes which both subtract from and significantly add to my workload, so major adaptation required, plus competing leisure-time activities and the mad Christmas rush, mean I am drained. Thank heavens for my wife's inventiveness with Elf on the Shelf, which has mostly kept me amused and interested in taking pictures; I don't know what I'm going to do when that's over.

At the end of this month, though, that's it. I'm done, through, finished. No more single-in; the pressure to produce is something I really don't need right now. Look for my work in various specific body- and lens-related subforums.

Merry Christmas, all.
12-24-2017, 11:08 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
I'm glad this month is coming to an end. Busy at work with multiple changes which both subtract from and significantly add to my workload, so major adaptation required, plus competing leisure-time activities and the mad Christmas rush, mean I am drained. Thank heavens for my wife's inventiveness with Elf on the Shelf, which has mostly kept me amused and interested in taking pictures; I don't know what I'm going to do when that's over.

At the end of this month, though, that's it. I'm done, through, finished. No more single-in; the pressure to produce is something I really don't need right now. Look for my work in various specific body- and lens-related subforums.

Merry Christmas, all.
Merry christmas! All good comes to the end some day

12-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #65
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I got this stupid idea from somewhere that it would be nice to shoot all M primes* first with APSC camera and then with FF. That would be 20 lenses (I have about half of them already) and I'm currently shooting my 3rd lens. That would be a hobby for 4-6 years I think, as I probably don't want to shoot every month. Let's see how I feel about that once I have gone thru my current stock the first time

*Excluding M2000 & M35/1.4
12-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #66
Pentaxian

Nothing from me today; other stuff took priority. Merry Christmas.
12-25-2017, 09:36 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Merry Christmas to everyone!

I'm going on a trip to visit family through the first of Janaury. Surprisingly, this should actually give me more time to shoot and post, so I hope to be more consistent. I'll get the Single In January thread up tomorrow morning.

12-25-2017, 09:49 PM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Merry Christmas to all Pentaxians. I was travelling on Christmas, not over the river nor through the woods, nor dashing through the sno in a one horse open sleigh, but in a jumpseat on a cargo aircraft. Fortunately I had my K5 with my trusty 40mm pancake at hand, and was able to take a few pix. Hopefuly when I get back to my temporary home, ai will have my wi-fi drive in the mail, and will be able to post pix again.
12-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #69
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

so..... what's going on for next month?
12-27-2017, 09:43 PM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
so..... what's going on for next month?
Sorry, we're traveling on vacation. I'm putting it up very shortly ... will post the link when up.

---------- Post added 12-27-17 at 09:53 PM ----------

Aaaaaand here it is:
Single in January 2018 - PentaxForums.com
12-28-2017, 05:46 AM   #71
Pentaxian

Hmmmmm. Have to think about next month. Now when this single in is not so crowded, it sure is quite a bit more easy to keep up with commenting and following the whole thing. So, perhaps. I had in my mind going wide next month. 14/2.8 sammy. haven't really used that lens so much on FF...perhaps.
12-28-2017, 08:53 PM - 2 Likes   #72
Pentaxian

I'm out and done. Super Tak 50/1.4 (radioactive version) was a great lens, fun to work with, sharp when it needs to be, and the *istDS proved to me that there was never anything wrong with the analogue TTL protocol in a DSLR, and that the 6.1MP CCD sensor was quite fine for general use, thank you; I wish we could have got a full-frame version from the same maker. Also that a tripod, even a modest one, makes many things possible that would otherwise not have been, and should be in every photographer's armamentarium together with a modest fast fifty and some means of remote or no-touch shutter release.

But the last couple of days have been nasty outside, 100kph winds almost constantly, and inside was getting stale. Time to hang up single-in - at least I made it to Christmas, more or less.
12-29-2017, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Using a tripos really does open up possibilities. Put a camera on a tripod pointed at trees on a windy day with a long exposure and see how the blurs make a surreal landscape. I cannot wait for my tripod to arrive in the mail,I feel crippled without one.
12-29-2017, 10:00 AM - 2 Likes   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I cannot wait for my tripod to arrive
I thought Humanity had been taught that lesson in 1898.
12-31-2017, 02:15 AM - 1 Like   #75
Pentaxian

Well I will wrap this month up now. I actually already do know that this lens would not handle firecrackers so well, so I just wanted to finish up with the shot that I did.

cosina 28 is a lens with not so much surprises. It is fun focal, can be quite creative too. I'm wishing that it was little wider or tighter, at times, but not so much. IF you desiere sharpness and depth'microcontrast' in shots, then this lens will fall short. It takes atleast f 11, to achieve edge to edge sharpness, but still it is not great, or good enough. Especially when shooting nature, and you wsh to see little details in branches, ect. Also colors and contrasts are lacking. ghosting, and flaring is bad too.

But, with FF you gain nice bokeh with this lens. It is reasonable sharp, ans focal lenght is quite nice. Wide, but not too wide, so there is not so big distortions, so you can have fun, and it will not look too weird. I actually had good time with this lens, wishing that It was little better(I have F28/2.8 So I'm quite well covered, still sighing after 31 thou). I can finally also say that this lens is holding me back. Can't really now a days say that with so many lenses, can you. All in all great fun, I have lot's of good shots, and had nice time with this tiny lens! if it was little more flare resistant and AF, it would be nearly perfect...it will go back on the shelf, just because it was one of first lenses that I'v bought so it has little more value to me. Oh, and now I know why I was not so fond of it back at the times with film. It kind a pronounces those things what I just said above, and with film you can't really do so much of experimenting, like you can with digital.

couple of shots that I liked most:

cheers, and happy 2018!!