Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2017, 11:09 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What if we made a list of themes and just randomly scattered them across the month as weekly themes? So for the week of X-Y the theme is blah. Or what if we just made them theme days and randomly picked 10 days and ten themes from a list? I can generate the days easily and match to the list if someone wants or we can do the weekly theme thing?

---------- Post added 11-27-17 at 01:36 AM ----------

Oh and I am behind on commenting. I will catch up soon. Sorry about that and thanks for all the comments lately.

11-27-2017, 02:26 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Random weekly themes could be good, it would give a chance to more fully explore them than just having a day. A week of selfie/belfie though....

11-27-2017, 08:11 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
Random weekly themes could be good, it would give a chance to more fully explore them than just having a day. A week of selfie/belfie though....
Lol. I was assuming optional. And we could just not have that theme. At least no belfies!
11-27-2017, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #19

Photos: Gallery
I'll continue on as well with my pseudo-Single-In-Challenge with the Oly E-M5ii and the Panasonic 25mm f:1.4. I started mid month in November, so I'll stick with it until about the 15th, then I'll let my hair down a bit for the remainder. The monochrome adventure has been great fun but it'll be nice to shift back to color for a bit

11-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the idea of optional weekly themes.... If they change too frequently, or only happen sporadically and last for just a day, I tend to either miss them or not be able to give them enough attention for any creativity to occur.

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Welcome
I think OzzRod participates in a theme oriented challenge or two, and maybe some others do... Might be good to field suggestions from any who do, as maybe it would help them if a theme corresponds to ones they're already doing, to make it more conducive? Just a thought...
11-27-2017, 09:27 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
I like the idea of optional weekly themes.... If they change too frequently, or only happen sporadically and last for just a day, I tend to either miss them or not be able to give them enough attention for any creativity to occur.

I think OzzRod participates in a theme oriented challenge or two, and maybe some others do... Might be good to field suggestions from any who do, as maybe it would help them if a theme corresponds to ones they're already doing, to make it more conducive? Just a thought...
All good ideas.
11-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #22
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Ideas for day themes:
High key, low key, a specific color, architecture, people, pets, food, trees, flowers, machinery, abstract, nature, sky, night scenes, blur, bokeh, gear shots, flash, macro, multiple exposure...
And monochrome!

Well, not for December - I think we'll all need a break after the great MoNovember...

ok ok that's as much prodding as you'll get from me..
Thank you - I'd rather not do something rash and change my mind

I like the idea of optional weekly themes.
Worth a try. This challenge was started as a more "liberal" version of the Singles, so why not with the themes as well! If anyone think we need room for more than 4-5 themes a month there could be one for Sun-Wed and one for Thu-Sat or something like that, too. Then again, that might over-complicate things!

11-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
And monochrome!

Well, not for December - I think we'll all need a break after the great MoNovember...

Thank you - I'd rather not do something rash and change my mind

Worth a try. This challenge was started as a more "liberal" version of the Singles, so why not with the themes as well! If anyone think we need room for more than 4-5 themes a month there could be one for Sun-Wed and one for Thu-Sat or something like that, too. Then again, that might over-complicate things!
Yes I'm not looking to make this a pain. I'm interested in thought provoking creative ideas to help drive inspiration but not burden anyone.
11-27-2017, 01:41 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I like the idea of optional weekly themes....

The only one I'm involved in is a Flickr group 52Project2017Macro, which runs over a whole year. Each Sunday night (UK time) the co-ordinator announces the theme for the following week - so participants nominally have seven days in which to post one themed macro. Themes are drawn randomly from a pack of cards produced by Lightbox. There is another Lightbox set (non-Macro) which we used in 2016.

Additional themes via Daily In would run happily in parallel without complication. Personally, I do find themes a helpful prompt, and I'm quite amenable to whatever the group puts up.
11-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The only one I'm involved in is a Flickr group 52Project2017Macro, which runs over a whole year. Each Sunday night (UK time) the co-ordinator announces the theme for the following week - so participants nominally have seven days in which to post one themed macro. Themes are drawn randomly from a pack of cards produced by Lightbox. There is another Lightbox set (non-Macro) which we used in 2016.

Additional themes via Daily In would run happily in parallel without complication. Personally, I do find themes a helpful prompt, and I'm quite amenable to whatever the group puts up.
Rod - is that a Project 52 that is calendar year linked or can anyone join anytime?
11-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Rod - is that a Project 52 that is calendar year linked or can anyone join anytime?
Calendar Year linked - hence the 52 (weeks) in its name. So only 4 weeks left for 2017. I haven't heard anything yet about 2018.
11-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Calendar Year linked - hence the 52 (weeks) in its name. So only 4 weeks left for 2017. I haven't heard anything yet about 2018.
When you do would you mind giving us a link to the group, sounds like a fun project for the year.

11-28-2017, 10:32 PM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
When you do would you mind giving us a link to the group, sounds like a fun project for the year.
Happy to do so.
11-29-2017, 02:49 PM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can generate the days easily and match to the list if someone wants or we can do the weekly theme thing?
Since the month starts on Friday, how about themes run from Fri to Fri this month and the last/fourth week extends until the start of Jan?

UV, Would you like to do the honors and set some themes for us? I am not having any light bulb moments to suggest any and am happy to roll with whatever.

Or we can rattle off a list and start trying to distill it down... Light.Shadow.Pattern.Lines.Curves.Textures.Shapes.Animals.Numbers.Sky.Night.Flowers.Starbursts.Flare.BeautifulWomenCandids-ImeanStreet. ummm
11-29-2017, 10:56 PM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Since the month starts on Friday, how about themes run from Fri to Fri this month and the last/fourth week extends until the start of Jan?

UV, Would you like to do the honors and set some themes for us? I am not having any light bulb moments to suggest any and am happy to roll with whatever.

Or we can rattle off a list and start trying to distill it down... Light.Shadow.Pattern.Lines.Curves.Textures.Shapes.Animals.Numbers.Sky.Night.Flowers.Starbursts.Flare.BeautifulWomenCandids-ImeanStreet. ummm
I like your list plus mine from earlier. I'll randomly assign some from those . I'll work on it tomorrow.
Anyone else wanting to toss in ideas do so and I'll add them to the list.