Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
12-24-2017, 04:10 AM - 4 Likes   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My shot from the 22nd got explored...

Last edited by Rondec; 12-25-2017 at 03:31 AM.
12-24-2017, 05:35 AM - 4 Likes   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster

Thank you all for Christmas Good Wishes
. What a great group to be part of. @ Topsy - your musical reference is also totally appropriate, because I made it to Christmas Island. Late, due to an unscheduled refuelling at a mainland Air Force base, but made it. AND smart phones work (sort of), AND there's internet access. What more could a bloke want ?

So, I'll post for 23rd and 24th shortly and gradually catch up with comments etc. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

12-24-2017, 10:06 AM - 2 Likes   #123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote

Thank you all for Christmas Good Wishes
. What a great group to be part of. @ Topsy - your musical reference is also totally appropriate, because I made it to Christmas Island. Late, due to an unscheduled refuelling at a mainland Air Force base, but made it. AND smart phones work (sort of), AND there's internet access. What more could a bloke want ?

So, I'll post for 23rd and 24th shortly and gradually catch up with comments etc. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

Great news! I'll be home tonight and will start catching up too, and will get the January dic going. Merry Christmas to all!
12-24-2017, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's January Daily in January 2018 - discussion thread - PentaxForums.com

I'm interested in the feedback/suggestions for themes for January. I've been liking having them around. Themes sort of remind me of the experience of doing a SIC month, seeing things from same theme every day and gaining a deeper sense of connection with the theme. The familiarity with seeing and thinking 'red' for example grew from day to day, and having the theme for a week provided time to think of ideas and get to them later in the week when I didn't have time one day. I've found it challening to shake the current theme loose from my 'vision' when the next theme comes up...

On the other hand, sometimes I've wondered if seven days is a bit long to hold the same theme. I had the thought at one point during the month, "It's a daily challenge, so how about a daily theme?" To be clear, it was just a thought... Probably too much for our chillaxed group to handle. That led to the thought, "What about something middle of the road and change the theme every three or four days?" I think if it were solely up to me, I'd stick with weekly for the easiness of it, but I guess what I'm saying is I could easily be persuaded into increased frequency of theme change.

12-26-2017, 07:03 AM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Here's January Daily in January 2018 - discussion thread - PentaxForums.com

I'm interested in the feedback/suggestions for themes for January. I've been liking having them around. Themes sort of remind me of the experience of doing a SIC month, seeing things from same theme every day and gaining a deeper sense of connection with the theme. The familiarity with seeing and thinking 'red' for example grew from day to day, and having the theme for a week provided time to think of ideas and get to them later in the week when I didn't have time one day. I've found it challening to shake the current theme loose from my 'vision' when the next theme comes up...

On the other hand, sometimes I've wondered if seven days is a bit long to hold the same theme. I had the thought at one point during the month, "It's a daily challenge, so how about a daily theme?" To be clear, it was just a thought... Probably too much for our chillaxed group to handle. That led to the thought, "What about something middle of the road and change the theme every three or four days?" I think if it were solely up to me, I'd stick with weekly for the easiness of it, but I guess what I'm saying is I could easily be persuaded into increased frequency of theme change.
I personally liked the month-long theme last month. I didn't shoot black and white every day, but it made me more aware of the potential and possibilies of monochrome. Suggested themes? Perhaps bokeh, color themes, seasonal themes, light, night photography could all be considered. Members could be encouraged to post at least one theme related image each week. That way we would have a variety of thematic offerings but no one individual would have reason to feel overwhelmed. Just my thoughts on the subject... that and $3.75 will get you a latte at Starbucks.
12-26-2017, 07:35 AM   #126
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I suggested a month of HDR and was pooh-pooh'd...

(:
12-26-2017, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I suggested a month of HDR and was pooh-pooh'd...

(:
And you expected something different!?!? Lol.

12-26-2017, 11:41 AM - 1 Like   #128
Pentaxian

Just popped in to wish you all a (slightly late) Merry Christmas!
I have been shooting the past few days but not had the time/inclination to post, I will do my best to catch up and finish out the month.

As for the themes, I think week long worked well. Gives you an oppurtunity to explore them but not feeling pressured to post on topic every day.

Just to update, I have now posted all my shots, commenting will have to wait as bed is calling.

Last edited by graeme83; 12-26-2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Update
12-29-2017, 06:33 AM - 2 Likes   #129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
52Project2018

Several DIC participants asked to be advised if a new themed weekly game was set up for 2018, following 52Project2016 and 52Project2017Macro.

Well it has and the details are here.

It's being co-ordinated by the same person as before (Phil Veater) and each Sunday evening UK time he will post the theme for the following week, during which time participants post one image. While the game is not specifically macro as in 2017, I guess macro images that relate to the theme would be fine. Each week there is a limit of two uploads. This is an extra incentive to take and post a picture each week - if you slack off or are sick, you need the extra one weekly upload to catch up. Miss a few and you're in trouble. So it's a mix of photographic fun and discipline. My only regret is that group interaction is not as strong as say Daily and Single In.
12-29-2017, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #130
Pentaxian

Some sort of man flu has hit me, I'm out for the rest of the month. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to view and comment on my images.

12-29-2017, 11:59 AM   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
Some sort of man flu has hit me, I'm out for the rest of the month. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to view and comment on my images.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a happier and healthier New Year.
12-29-2017, 02:40 PM - 1 Like   #132
Veteran Member

Unsure if I shall spam you guys with the photos I took in this half of the month or not... (I didn't check how many there are)

Hope you all had a pleasant Christmas!
01-02-2018, 07:37 AM   #133
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
Unsure if I shall spam you guys with the photos I took in this half of the month or not... (I didn't check how many there are)

Hope you all had a pleasant Christmas!
I know.

I was out of town for the last week and didn't really have time to process, much less upload photos I had taken.