Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2017, 10:07 PM - 1 Like   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well I have been missing for a while. Now working 4 to midnight and the weather is not that great and getting colder. Have not even took many shots over the last few months.
Think I will give it a go and see how it pans out. I did read about comments and and I hope folks dont mind my very short comments, I really cant put much down on paper what I like about a shot.

11-30-2017, 10:25 PM - 3 Likes   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My suggestion is 1) Ignore the theme if you want. No one cares. LOL. 2) Shoot every day in theme or once a week or not at all. 3) Have a blast.
12-01-2017, 01:31 AM - 1 Like   #48
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
I didn't even know there was a calendar!
Had to use Google to find it

QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote
I hope folks dont mind my very short comments
I certainly don't mind. Shoot, have fun, comment (or not) when you feel like. Personally I greatly appreciate any and all comments, but vary a lot in how much I comment myself. Some days I'm able to make (I hope) sensible comments, some days I don't.

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
My suggestion is 1) Ignore the theme if you want. No one cares. LOL. 2) Shoot every day in theme or once a week or not at all. 3) Have a blast.
Point 3 should be on top of the list

I'll see if I can get myself to join in on a "Weekly in December" basis with (at least) one on-theme shot a week. Might also be described as "weakly in December"
12-01-2017, 05:34 AM - 2 Likes   #49
Veteran Member

I'll go for once a week I think, "Red" is pretty hard when everything is white!

Took the camera out for a walk at 1:40am last night and got a few shots. Just not sure if the day will bring any better ones or if I shall upload one of those

12-01-2017, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in. I like the idea of flexible themes. I'd probably go for one themed shot per theme week. That works best for me but the other options are also intriguing.

NaCl(the reason why I switched to Daily from Single is the flexibility)H2O
12-01-2017, 11:41 AM - 1 Like   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's been awhile since I did my first DIC so it's time to do it again. Nice idea wrt themes. I'm in.
12-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hitting the road and not sure what internet I will have the next few days.. I'll be back online Monday night for sure if all goes according to plan.

12-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

@Todd when you have time help me figure out if the social group needs a separate entry for calendar entries to make things easier.
12-01-2017, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
OK, I'm in but I don't know about a theme. I'll probably stay flexible this time.
12-02-2017, 07:39 PM - 3 Likes   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in.

Oh, and a longtime local camera shop is having a going-out-of-business auction tomorrow. Really sad to see them go - been around over a century, but the founder recently passed and they're closing up shop. There are a couple of tempting auction lots (with Pentax-compatible lenses and gear) that I'm going to take a shot at. One of those is a neon light in the shape of the PENTAX logo. To be continued ...
12-03-2017, 12:58 AM - 1 Like   #56
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Unfortunately I'm out for December - a very stressful project at work, helping my brother move house (hopefully), and a brief overseas holiday. Have fun everyone!
12-03-2017, 05:06 AM - 6 Likes   #57
Pentaxian

The finger of fate has struck on my shot from the 1st with a middling explore, I find it often happens on the first of the month, perhaps the spike in activity makes it more interesting.
12-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I'm in.

Oh, and a longtime local camera shop is having a going-out-of-business auction tomorrow. Really sad to see them go - been around over a century, but the founder recently passed and they're closing up shop. There are a couple of tempting auction lots (with Pentax-compatible lenses and gear) that I'm going to take a shot at. One of those is a neon light in the shape of the PENTAX logo. To be continued ...
Been around for over a century and the founder only recently passed?!

Defo have a stab at that neon sign!
12-03-2017, 10:30 AM - 1 Like   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
Been around for over a century and the founder only recently passed?
That's what the article said. Lol. I don't have an explanation. Maybe I misread.
12-03-2017, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #60
Veteran Member

Hey kids, I am joining late.
Been a long while since my last SiC and this is my first DiC.
Real nice images from everyone in the first three days. Should be a good ride.