Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
12-19-2017, 12:10 PM - 3 Likes   #106
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My photo of my dog Penny 1:1 crop was explored! LOL - apparently saying explore in this group is all it takes.

12-19-2017, 01:48 PM - 1 Like   #107
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Explore!

Hmmm...

Nope. Nothing happened

Oh. Wait.

I haven't posted anything
12-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
My photo of my dog Penny 1:1 crop was explored! LOL - apparently saying explore in this group is all it takes.
Mine has already dropped.
12-20-2017, 01:22 AM   #109

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on the Explore! But... Photos can be un-Explored? Seem kind of rude, huh? Maybe it's happened to one or two of mine in the past and I never noticed. I can think of a couple that didn't deserve the honor in the first place. lol.

For what it's worth, it looks like my Monopoly board photo from the 19th was explored. A decent enough photo I suppose but probably not my best from the month. We'll see if it "sticks."

And sorry, folks, for my participation with comments not being very consistent. My relatively slow home internet makes navigating between multiple Flickr pages an arduous process. But I am working to up my comment game. I'd also like to offer up thanks to all of you who have taken the time to peruse and comment on my photos where you can. I haven't acknowledged each comment individually but they're appreciated all the same.

12-20-2017, 04:08 AM   #110
Veteran Member

Congrats on the explore! I've had a few that were dropped as well. Two things that I know trigger a photo dropping from explore are tweaking the image after it has been explored (did that when Sara made some suggestions, which were quite good) and adding it to more groups.

I'm going to be posting and commenting irregularly for the rest of the month. Work is crazy and my wife is limping round with a serious infection in her foot so I'm picking up the slack at home.
12-20-2017, 07:08 AM   #111
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vZwicky Quote
Congrats on the Explore! But... Photos can be un-Explored? Seem kind of rude, huh? Maybe it's happened to one or two of mine in the past and I never noticed. I can think of a couple that didn't deserve the honor in the first place. lol.

For what it's worth, it looks like my Monopoly board photo from the 19th was explored. A decent enough photo I suppose but probably not my best from the month. We'll see if it "sticks."

And sorry, folks, for my participation with comments not being very consistent. My relatively slow home internet makes navigating between multiple Flickr pages an arduous process. But I am working to up my comment game. I'd also like to offer up thanks to all of you who have taken the time to peruse and comment on my photos where you can. I haven't acknowledged each comment individually but they're appreciated all the same.
Photos that are really low in the Explore list 300 position or lower are more likely to drop out. I think if you add it to a bunch of groups after it is explored then somehow that reduces its interestingness quotient as well and can drop it out.
12-20-2017, 07:25 AM   #112
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Frankly I wasn't sure why this simple dog portrait made it in the first place. It was in the 200's and then dropped. I didn't add it anywhere not did I edit it. I'm not bothered, just reporting the facts so you know. I really think the shots that came later were just more interesting... Lol.

12-22-2017, 03:34 AM - 4 Likes   #113
Pentaxian

Whilst tagging yesterdays photo with 'Star Wars' the thought occured to me that this one might get explored, what with the film out and christmas around the corner. Sure enough I was woken up to my phone beeping and buzzing and an invite to the explore group!

Interesting tidbit, figured I would check the trending tags this week, star wars isn't there but to my surpirse Pentax is.
12-22-2017, 04:20 AM - 2 Likes   #114
Veteran Member

I shot a few photos I didn't get round to post (or edit!), but ultimately Christmas preperations have taken over. And err.. finishing making presents.
Grandmother is in hospital too currently, couldn't walk up the stairs to her room anymore. Possibly got a cold that attacked her nerves a bit and mixing that with her parkinsons they just didn't work anymore. She's better now though but it's not absolutely clear what we're about to do yet. We don't have time to move my great aunts ground floor room (they live in a house together -both still 'at home') till after Christmas, but that's the plan at the moment.

I'll hopefully upload some of my photos I took, at least the good ones ) after Christmas as a catch up, and will hope that January will be a bit more consistent for me!
12-22-2017, 04:43 AM - 3 Likes   #115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi Friends. I'm on the other side of Oz tonight and facing some uncertainty about posting and commenting until New Year's Day. I'm booked to fly to Christmas Island tomorrow (you were on the money Don) but there's a high proportion of cancelled flights when the Wet Season mixes with a challenging runway. And if I do get there, the quality of internet access remains a mystery. So please excuse any random absences for the next week.
12-22-2017, 07:04 AM - 2 Likes   #116
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm surprised my geeks in their native environment shot was explored as well!
12-22-2017, 07:21 AM - 2 Likes   #117
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Hi Friends. I'm on the other side of Oz tonight and facing some uncertainty about posting and commenting until New Year's Day. I'm booked to fly to Christmas Island tomorrow (you were on the money Don) but there's a high proportion of cancelled flights when the Wet Season mixes with a challenging runway. And if I do get there, the quality of internet access remains a mystery. So please excuse any random absences for the next week.
A very appropriate destination for Christmas. Hope your travel goes well and Happy Holidays.
12-22-2017, 06:32 PM - 2 Likes   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote

This one is for you then :

Hope you manage to get there! And if you do, enjoy it
12-22-2017, 07:14 PM - 1 Like   #119
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

eight hours of Christmas music goodness, right here:

12-23-2017, 11:11 PM   #120
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I fell off the wagon... Missed talking a shot today.