Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
I'm in too. My vote would be one theme for the week. It helps me work the theme as the week progresses.
Good idea, i had notconsidered the theme week in that way.

12-27-2017, 11:15 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
So what will our themes be then? If picking four up front is too much trouble, we could just pick one to start with. How about a color for the first week starting January 1st. Maybe blue or yellow?
12-28-2017, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
So what will our themes be then? If picking four up front is too much trouble, we could just pick one to start with. How about a color for the first week starting January 1st. Maybe blue or yellow?
I can provide a random list tonight or we can go with Todd's idea.
12-28-2017, 09:46 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I can provide a random list tonight or we can go with Todd's idea.
I like it. I just didn't want to 'volunteer' you again..

12-28-2017, 10:47 AM   #20

I'll come along for the ride, as I've been having quite a bit of fun with this series. The casual, voluntary themes are cool for inspiration- and for exposing strengths and weaknesses in my own skill set. I need to work on developing a better eye for "light." lol.
12-28-2017, 11:57 AM   #21
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm all for the weekly themes, and would think it's better to set them up from the start of the month. Not that it would be a disaster should there be a week without a theme

I'll watch this month, too, from the sideline. Leaving for South Africa next week and will hopefully return with some shots to share. Not bringing any PC, though, so will not be posting while on the road.
12-28-2017, 02:54 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Color sounds good. how about a shape, "light" , and still life (aka anything goes on a table top... well almost anything)? come to think of it up or down could be good themes as well.

12-29-2017, 06:11 AM - 4 Likes   #23
Veteran Member

I think I'm going to jump into this one. I was a photo-failure for the last few months of 2017 - just too much going on and I needed a break... But Ryan and I bought a house and the days are getting longer, so that's something. Last month I won Kodak PixPro's competition for a gift voucher (to their online store) and bought myself my very first Micro Four Thirds system, which arrived yesterday - the PixPro S-1. It's very nice and seems capable (Yes, I immediately ordered an adapter for K-mount lenses). Plus this weekend I'm getting a new puppy and a new car, so there should be no shortage of things to make into pictures. :-)

I just tuned into Flickr for a bit this morning and reminded myself I miss creating images. Looking forward to getting back into it all!
12-29-2017, 06:35 AM - 2 Likes   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

52Project2018

This item is also posted in December DIC discussion thread.

Several DIC participants asked to be advised if a new themed weekly game was set up for 2018, following 52Project2016 and 52Project2017Macro.

Well it has and the details are here.

It's being co-ordinated by the same person as before (Phil Veater) and each Sunday evening UK time he will post the theme for the following week, during which time participants post one image. While the game is not specifically macro as in 2017, I guess macro images that relate to the theme would be fine. Each week there is a limit of two uploads. This is an extra incentive to take and post a picture each week - if you slack off or are sick, you need the extra one weekly upload to catch up. Miss a few and you're in trouble. So it's a mix of photographic fun and discipline. My only regret is that group interaction is not as strong as say Daily and Single In.
12-29-2017, 07:13 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
52Project2018

This item is also posted in December DIC discussion thread.

Several DIC participants asked to be advised if a new themed weekly game was set up for 2018, following 52Project2016 and 52Project2017Macro.

Well it has and the details are here.

It's being co-ordinated by the same person as before (Phil Veater) and each Sunday evening UK time he will post the theme for the following week, during which time participants post one image. While the game is not specifically macro as in 2017, I guess macro images that relate to the theme would be fine. Each week there is a limit of two uploads. This is an extra incentive to take and post a picture each week - if you slack off or are sick, you need the extra one weekly upload to catch up. Miss a few and you're in trouble. So it's a mix of photographic fun and discipline. My only regret is that group interaction is not as strong as say Daily and Single In.
This is also an interesting idea, Rod, thanks for pointing it out. Hopefully tomorow I will find my wi-fi drive has arrived in the mail and can begin posting.
12-29-2017, 11:26 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I think I'm going to jump into this one. I was a photo-failure for the last few months of 2017 - just too much going on and I needed a break... But Ryan and I bought a house and the days are getting longer, so that's something. Last month I won Kodak PixPro's competition for a gift voucher (to their online store) and bought myself my very first Micro Four Thirds system, which arrived yesterday - the PixPro S-1. It's very nice and seems capable (Yes, I immediately ordered an adapter for K-mount lenses). Plus this weekend I'm getting a new puppy and a new car, so there should be no shortage of things to make into pictures. :-)

I just tuned into Flickr for a bit this morning and reminded myself I miss creating images. Looking forward to getting back into it all!
Sara! So happy you are joining in with us. I've missed your photos and your commentary.
12-29-2017, 12:23 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Sara! So happy you are joining in with us. I've missed your photos and your commentary.
Yep, meee toooo.
12-29-2017, 03:24 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

count me in. i do like themes. Not much here this time of year for inspiration. May miss a few days though.
12-29-2017, 05:53 PM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I will get themes up by tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
12-29-2017, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have some books on suggestions for photo projects. I had hoped to use them to stimulate my creative senses. To date, they've helped a bit but nowhere near what I thought. Regardless, I'll toss out four suggestions on topics from one of them for your consideration. Use these or not as you see fit.

1. Architecture with an Attitude - basically images of interesting architecture - i.e., modern or otherwise made interesting by composition
2. Blur, blur, blur - using focus, or slow shutter speed, or panning, whatever, blur a shot in an interesting way.
3. Color coded - shoot a bunch of images all with or expressing the same color (like yellow, green, orange, etc.)
4. Dawn Chorus - images from dawn.

Again, these are suggestions.These come from '50 Photo Projects' by Lee Frost by the way.