Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 80 Likes Search this Thread
01-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Apologies friends for my abrupt departure on Monday. An acute viral infection had me in hospital for a day and it will be a few more before I'm back up to speed.
Man, bad news. Hope you get better soon!

01-12-2018, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Apologies friends for my abrupt departure on Monday. An acute viral infection had me in hospital for a day and it will be a few more before I'm back up to speed.
Get well soon, Kind Sir!!!

Regards,
D
01-13-2018, 10:10 AM - 2 Likes   #78
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear that. Hope you recover soon Rod.

I filled my SD card on the KP Friday so after downloading I formatted it like I usually do. and I immediate discovered I lost my shots for Thursday that I did not get to posting. Doh! (slaps forehead in frustration)
01-13-2018, 11:26 AM - 3 Likes   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

On watch

So, I found out that I won the grand prize in my town newspaper's annual contest. Unfortunately, I am far out of town and could not be at the ceremeony, but I am told it was for the body of work submitted, which was12 shots. Though only two per photographer could be accepted, I guess the judge liked most if not all of my submissions. I did achieve two spots, this one was taken with a Ricoh WG-20 while I treaded water. Prett good quality from a point and shoot.
https://flic.kr/p/Ww5kLY (sorry, cannot post pix directly from iPad)

01-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
So, I found out that I won the grand prize in my town newspaper's annual contest. Unfortunately, I am far out of town and could not be at the ceremeony, but I am told it was for the body of work submitted, which was12 shots. Though only two per photographer could be accepted, I guess the judge liked most if not all of my submissions. I did achieve two spots, this one was taken with a Ricoh WG-20 while I treaded water. Prett good quality from a point and shoot.
On watch | Rob G Ski | Flickr (sorry, cannot post pix directly from iPad)
Awesome, recognition of one's work is a great thing. Well done.
01-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Web Tools for your online business
01-13-2018, 01:28 PM - 2 Likes   #82
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

shot from Thursday hit explore this morning

01-13-2018, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Congratulations to both of you!
01-14-2018, 06:10 AM   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for that tools link, very handy!
01-14-2018, 01:56 PM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Awesome!!! Congratulations!
I would like to view your submission but the flickr link doesn't work...
01-14-2018, 08:09 PM   #86
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Sorry for not participating lately. Missed the last two days because I had family in house for late Christmas hook up. Then my computer threw a glitch at me, downed psu took out my storage drive with all of this month's photos and some downloads. So, If I can't catch up for the last few days, I'll just have to drop out until next month. Weather hasn't been that great for shooting either, low 50s and 60s for day time highs.
01-14-2018, 08:23 PM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've had very spotty participation this month. Shots in the can today. Will post later.
01-15-2018, 08:20 AM   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm traveling over the next week and I may be erratic in my posting/commenting. Just depends.
01-15-2018, 02:39 PM - 5 Likes   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi everyone. Belated thanks for all the good wishes sent my way recently. One of the nicest aspects of PF for me are the personal interactions that go beyond photography, from so many different parts of the world. I seem to be on the mend now, with slowly increasing energy etc etc. I hope to be back to posting within a few days.
Rod
01-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

Congrats!

---------- Post added 01-15-18 at 07:22 PM ----------

Hi everyone. Belated thanks for all the good wishes sent my way recently. One of the nicest aspects of PF for me are the personal interactions that go beyond photography, from so many different parts of the world. I seem to be on the mend now, with slowly increasing energy etc etc. I hope to be back to posting within a few days.
Rod
Glad you're on the mend and looking forward to your postings.