Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ancient - seasoned - obsolete - venerable - post your OLD stuff here!

I came across this old collection of recipes that belonged to my husband's maternal grandmother, and I immediately had to take a photo. I haven't removed the rubber bands, haven't looked inside yet, but the story it holds called for a photo.

I think there should be a thread for this: Photos of old things. "Old" could mean anything here, decades, centuries or millenia, but those photos you take because they tell a story of time passing.

Here's the book:

Juleopskrifter-1 by MetteHHH

Let's see another one?

01-04-2018, 02:58 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

My dad's old medium format camera. Will see if I can get it fixed and running. I think it is 1930s or 40s vintage. Anyone have any experience with these?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
01-04-2018, 05:19 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice thread, sure to be full of interesting stories.
The old Camera bag- given me by a work colleague, and it belonged to her late husband, and comes from the time he was a hunter in Kenya.

New use for the old TV.

100 Year Commemoration bottle of Old Brown Sherry.
01-15-2018, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Great contributions! I love that use for the old tv, Noel - makes me want to copy it, if I come across an old tv set with a nice frame.

My dad has a huge collection of old cameras. This one used to belong to my granddad, probably around the same age as yours Bill. I think my dad knows how to operate it, but getting hold of film in the right format might be tricky...

01-15-2018, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
This photo of my grandmother on the beach was most likely taken with this camera.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
01-19-2018, 09:54 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure if this belongs here, but...I stumbled upon this scene while walking the dogs in the woods. Not sure what it was/is, but it's in a remote location, about 1/2 mile from a lake. Looks like there's been no activity here for some time...
01-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Not sure if this belongs here, but...I stumbled upon this scene while walking the dogs in the woods. Not sure what it was/is, but it's in a remote location, about 1/2 mile from a lake. Looks like there's been no activity here for some time...
Sure it belongs. My thought was that these motives of old things - or even just remnants of old things - are fascinating, because they look like they have a story to tell. Sometimes an obvious one, and sometimes a bit of a mystery. I can't guess what your structure might have been - but it looks like there is a drain in the middle of that concrete patch...

I found this old stage coach on an inn roof, when we visited California last October. I guess it is obvious why they put it there, but I wonder where it went before that.