Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ancient - seasoned - obsolete - venerable - post your OLD stuff here!

I came across this old collection of recipes that belonged to my husband's maternal grandmother, and I immediately had to take a photo. I haven't removed the rubber bands, haven't looked inside yet, but the story it holds called for a photo.

I think there should be a thread for this: Photos of old things. "Old" could mean anything here, decades, centuries or millenia, but those photos you take because they tell a story of time passing.

Here's the book:

Juleopskrifter-1 by MetteHHH

Let's see another one?

01-04-2018, 02:58 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My dad's old medium format camera. Will see if I can get it fixed and running. I think it is 1930s or 40s vintage. Anyone have any experience with these?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
01-04-2018, 05:19 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice thread, sure to be full of interesting stories.
The old Camera bag- given me by a work colleague, and it belonged to her late husband, and comes from the time he was a hunter in Kenya.

New use for the old TV.

100 Year Commemoration bottle of Old Brown Sherry.
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Great contributions! I love that use for the old tv, Noel - makes me want to copy it, if I come across an old tv set with a nice frame.

My dad has a huge collection of old cameras. This one used to belong to my granddad, probably around the same age as yours Bill. I think my dad knows how to operate it, but getting hold of film in the right format might be tricky...

4 Days Ago   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
This photo of my grandmother on the beach was most likely taken with this camera.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
10 Hours Ago   #6
Pentaxian

Not sure if this belongs here, but...I stumbled upon this scene while walking the dogs in the woods. Not sure what it was/is, but it's in a remote location, about 1/2 mile from a lake. Looks like there's been no activity here for some time...