Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2018, 06:16 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh Chinon 50mm f2

A friend of mine gave me this lens a few years ago with a fun K mount film camera. I haven't used it much - it is one of those old k mount lenses that doesn't have an auto aperture so working out exposure makes shooting a little slow. Regardless, I've always felt a little bad I haven't really put it through the paces so I thought I would over the month. Missed a few days with work but overall I got a lot of photos in. As with many of the classic 50mm lenses, it produces nice results! Sometimes I think details are lost due to the lack of fine coatings on the lens, but when conditions are right it really shines. What's more, it produces an almost helios bokeh in certain situations although I found this difficult to reproduce. Minimum focusing distance is pretty good. Not close enough for any macro or really close portrait work.

Lens handling
Focus is smooth and easy to dial in. The lens body is quite compact, not quite a pancake but it fits neatly in a bag.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
album, challenge, experiment, february, figure, forum, help, ideas, k5ii, lens, link, month, pentax, photo, picture, pictures, post, thread