Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
01-29-2018, 08:03 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
We'll figure it out either way. Whatever works for you, works for us.

Ismo is right regarding Flickr - the bbcode is really handy for posting. It's also a pretty good place to post your processed photos in general - oodles of space, decent organizational tools, and a supportive and positive community. I'd recommend it if you haven't given it a look yet.
Thanks;
I will just work with it this way for now until I stumble upon the other way

Clarence

01-29-2018, 11:49 PM   #17
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by c.perkins Quote
Yah, like that.

I do not find this option, (Then choose IMG tags and everything in between.)
Sorry, I forgot, as I'm used to my settings. You probably have default settings and it shows picture in your massage window instead of the HTML code (So called: What You See IS What You Get Editing).

If you like to chance this, go to My Account and choose Edit Options. One's there scroll down to last section: Miscellaneous Options. Message Editor Interface is the first topic in that section. If I remember correctly it's set to Enchanted Interface by default. Change it to Standard Editor and the HTML code will become visible in the message editor. To check how the message will show up you need to press Preview Post.
01-30-2018, 06:40 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Sorry, I forgot, as I'm used to my settings. You probably have default settings and it shows picture in your massage window instead of the HTML code (So called: What You See IS What You Get Editing).

If you like to chance this, go to My Account and choose Edit Options. One's there scroll down to last section: Miscellaneous Options. Message Editor Interface is the first topic in that section. If I remember correctly it's set to Enchanted Interface by default. Change it to Standard Editor and the HTML code will become visible in the message editor. To check how the message will show up you need to press Preview Post.
Sorry; tried it; no joy.
Will just stick with what works

Clarence
01-30-2018, 08:49 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think I'm going to chime back in this month, so long as no one minds I'll miss a day or two along the way. The 24th I have a wedding to shoot, so there probably won't be any "fun" shooting for that day.

The other thing is, I just received my K-1 on Monday, and all of a sudden the 28mm lenses that have been sitting on my shelf are of interest again. I'm probably going to use the K 28 3.5, or maybe the Yashica 28 2.8 screw...

01-31-2018, 05:22 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I did not think about this when I entered this challenge but.
I work from 5:30 A.M. to 5 P.M., so daylight is going to be about non existent for me.
Looks like I will be learning about my lens and flash use capabilities.
Will give the AF280T a work out

Clarence
01-31-2018, 06:03 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.perkins Quote
I did not think about this when I entered this challenge but.
I work from 5:30 A.M. to 5 P.M., so daylight is going to be about non existent for me.
Looks like I will be learning about my lens and flash use capabilities.
Will give the AF280T a work out

Clarence
I find winter to be good time to try out different lighting ideas, etc., as well as a good time to try unusual ideas, and explore the settings on the camera. Also, I take advantage of extended hours of darkness to play with long exposures, and the usually clear winter skies to try and capture the stars. Dress warmly!
01-31-2018, 06:41 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like I won't be the only one working with unusual lighting for the month. I went back to night shift this week (we do a three month rotation) so a lot of my shots this month will be while I am working, during the slow hours before the sun rises.

02-01-2018, 04:01 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I'll be using the Pentax-F 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 this month. It's a lens I got sometime in the past year (I don't even remember when), but I've not used it, and it has the requisite 49mm filter thread for me to play with colored filters in b/w shots. It seems to rate well on PF's lens database, so we'll see.

And today I bought, from a really nice Russian gentleman in the city where I work, some well-kept copies of the Mir-1B and Jupiter-37. I'll post pictures sometime soon, but those should be fun for future SIC adventures!
02-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #24
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

going to withdraw this month...

I'm 600 miles from home for the next week and no way to process/post any images until I return...
02-02-2018, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
going to withdraw this month...

I'm 600 miles from home for the next week and no way to process/post any images until I return...
Safe travels. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
02-03-2018, 08:07 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Working out of town over the weekend so I won't be posting till monday.
02-04-2018, 06:04 AM - 2 Likes   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, we were crazy busy at work and I ended up with a 15 hour shift, so I had nothing on the 3rd. But I already have a safety shot for the fourth, even if it was at 3 am. (I’m currently on night shift)
02-04-2018, 07:58 AM - 2 Likes   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
At an auction recently, I picked up a Cokin filter frame that allows me to use colored gels, as well as the general Cokin mounting hardware and - amazingly enough - a bunch of gels originally designed for color printing (see pic). I've cut the gels down to size and will be playing with them this month. Pictured is the lone red gel; the others are shades of magenta, cyan, and yellow. Should be fun.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
XT1635-01  Photo 
02-09-2018, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
At an auction recently, I picked up a Cokin filter frame that allows me to use colored gels, as well as the general Cokin mounting hardware and - amazingly enough - a bunch of gels originally designed for color printing (see pic). I've cut the gels down to size and will be playing with them this month. Pictured is the lone red gel; the others are shades of magenta, cyan, and yellow. Should be fun.
Those gells look like they will be fun to experiment with!

I have had a Cokin filter holder for years and never used it. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a Neewer set of filters for it, mostly for the ND filters, but it came with all the color filters also. I may play around with it a little this month if I get time.

On that note, the K28 3.5 is proving to be quite the amazing lens. I've never found 28mm to be a focal length I liked much on APSC, the same for 31. But having the K-1 brings new life to those focal lengths.
02-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Will you use in camera BW, or shoot with color filters and convert to BW in post prcessing! When converting to BW in post I often prefer a colored filter, it makes for great comtrast . I need to break out my filters when I get home