Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 28 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2018, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks to Glenn for hosting this one, and giving us a wonderful photo to work with

And congratulations to Todd for the well-deserved win, and explanation of post-processing steps!

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
For the next round: Should I keep going with the 'likes' method or back to traditional subjective government by the host? I could go either way, so will put it this way - unless there are a couple/few chiming in that they prefer we go back to the old format, I will just stick with the new 'likes' format for another round.
With all due respect to Glenn, I was a bit thrown by the "likes" system this time around. Firstly, when I'm taking part, I tend to give everyone who enters a like just for participating. Also, I really enjoy the detailed feedback when the OP has time to provide it. So, my preference is for the traditional host choice method...

03-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
With all due respect to Glenn, I was a bit thrown by the "likes" system this time around. Firstly, when I'm taking part, I tend to give everyone who enters a like just for participating. Also, I really enjoy the detailed feedback when the OP has time to provide it. So, my preference is for the traditional host choice method...
Well your post got a like so that counts as two chiming-ins, so back to the old format we go!

PP Challenge #251 - Silver Falls Tree - PentaxForums.com
03-03-2018, 05:22 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

I also kinda like "the old way" - but you know what? This round was a great alternative. Especially if the host doesn't have a lot of time (life, eh?) I say we definitely keep this open as an option. It's good to mix things up occasionally to see what works. I enjoy a good "twist" to things every now and then. We've had bracket groups, other camera makes, a Brenizer set, and what-not. I'd personally love to see some focus-stacking sets pop up (never messed with them much on my end.)
03-04-2018, 08:47 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Congrats Todd! I was out of town a few days, so i'm glad I didn't win it. I'll try the next challenge after I process all the pics from my trip.