Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2018, 07:56 PM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yay for snow, and weather sealing. I have a wrist strap on my K-5, less bulky than a neck strap, but easy to slip my hand through for that extra security

03-22-2018, 08:41 PM   #77

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
I want to go away to a mountain top ...

---------- Post added 03-22-18 at 04:02 PM ----------

Dropped my camera today. Walking along outside to get today shot and I it just fell right out of hand like a didn't even have a grip on it ... it went down on the lens. Fortunately it fell in the snow. The lens was caked. I wiped it off clean but IDK ... : 0
Yikes, finally a good reason for snow! Cindy I do hope all is well with your gear and the snow made for a nice soft landing.

I live in fear that I will do the same think but not on snow, on concrete. My Dad hates handling my camera but when we go fishing I take it with us as I have good luck getting eagle shots around the lake. Since my disability has a tendency to make me unsteady on my feet, he takes it from me when I go from the dock to the boat. I bought a sling bag for my new DA*300mm. I don't dare tell him how much that lens cost me. By the time we are fishing I'll have the 1.4 TC and there is no way he's going to be comfortable breathing on it least alone handling it.
03-22-2018, 09:04 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
Dropped my camera today. Fortunately it fell in the snow. The lens was caked. I wiped it off clean but IDK ... : 0
Oh dear. I cringed initially, but seems like an optimistic outcome is likely. I hope so.
03-23-2018, 06:06 AM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
Yikes, finally a good reason for snow! Cindy I do hope all is well with your gear and the snow made for a nice soft landing.

I live in fear that I will do the same think but not on snow, on concrete. My Dad hates handling my camera but when we go fishing I take it with us as I have good luck getting eagle shots around the lake. Since my disability has a tendency to make me unsteady on my feet, he takes it from me when I go from the dock to the boat. I bought a sling bag for my new DA*300mm. I don't dare tell him how much that lens cost me. By the time we are fishing I'll have the 1.4 TC and there is no way he's going to be comfortable breathing on it least alone handling it.
Do you have a dry bag? Maybe you could place the whole thing in one before giving it to him.

03-23-2018, 09:28 AM - 3 Likes   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Two of my spring images from yesterday got explored. Two in one day! Amazing.That makes 4 for the month. Personal best for sure. Weird though as I really haven't seen any of those shots as really that good. Hmmm...going to have to rethink that.
03-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #81

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Do you have a dry bag? Maybe you could place the whole thing in one before giving it to him.
I don't have one - but it is a thought. It's not the water however that worries him, it's the landing on the floor of the boat. Our mooring doesn't leave much between the dock and the boat - we are in a cradle and it keeps it safe. For it to get wet it would be me dropping it when I pass it to him, it is more likely to hit the dock than the water in the lake.
03-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't have one - but it is a thought. It's not the water however that worries him, it's the landing on the floor of the boat. Our mooring doesn't leave much between the dock and the boat - we are in a cradle and it keeps it safe. For it to get wet it would be me dropping it when I pass it to him, it is more likely to hit the dock than the water in the lake.
Then maybe grab one of these? Think Tank Digital Holster 30 V2.0 871 And a good strap - have him put the strap around his neck and then let go of the holster?

03-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another solution is to get a Pelican box (with foam inside) to protect your gear. I have one I use for my sea kayak: 1) it is water proof, 2) it floats, and 3) when the foam is configured, you can get a lot of protection from shock as well. They come in a lot of sizes too. Check it out. Protective Hard Cases. USA Made. | Pelican
03-25-2018, 07:25 AM - 3 Likes   #84

Oliver in the neon green box got explored overnight!

I couldn't access PF last night - the pages wouldn't load so I am behind on commenting. This week is going to be insanely busy, so I am going to continue to be behind in commenting. I will work on catching up as soon as I can.
03-25-2018, 11:09 AM - 1 Like   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oliver in the neon green box got explored overnight!

I couldn't access PF last night - the pages wouldn't load so I am behind on commenting. This week is going to be insanely busy, so I am going to continue to be behind in commenting. I will work on catching up as soon as I can.
Do what you can. That's all anyone expects. No apologies or worries needed here.
03-26-2018, 02:54 AM - 2 Likes   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

DAILY IN APRIL 2018

I've taken the liberty of starting the April discussion thread here.
03-26-2018, 07:37 AM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
DAILY IN APRIL 2018

I've taken the liberty of starting the April discussion thread here.
Thanks for that. I'm out for April due to travel etc.
03-26-2018, 08:07 AM - 3 Likes   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, obviously my camera didn't suffer from the tumble it took earlier. I'm guess the lens will fine, too. I may be hit and miss this week on posting. This week is the week my church puts on it's Via Dolorosa production. Our church is transformed into the Old Jerusalem. It is a walk thru live acting scenes of Christ's last 24 hours on earth before His Crucifiication. We have over 1200 singed up go through this year. I'm working the reflection room so between work and this, i'm going to try and get at least camera shots to post.
03-26-2018, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #89
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll be away for a couple of days again. Should be able to get some shots, but probably not to post anything until Thursday or Friday.
03-28-2018, 09:28 PM   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, no image today, just too much in motion today to get a shot.