Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 81 Likes Search this Thread
03-29-2018, 09:12 AM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
So far I've got shots for 3/27 and 3/28 but not posted. Long days and will try to finish out week and post later.... Yada, yada, yada ....

03-29-2018, 09:46 AM - 1 Like   #92

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
So far I've got shots for 3/27 and 3/28 but not posted. Long days and will try to finish out week and post later.... Yada, yada, yada ....
Ditto here too. I have taken shots I just don't have the time to do anything with them. At this rate it'll be Monday before I can do anything!
03-29-2018, 10:45 AM - 1 Like   #93
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
Have just posted mine for the 27th/28th. Haven't got anything for today yet. Maybe later tonight, although the daylight's gone now...
03-29-2018, 01:17 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just had a thought - any of you who have played with enlarger lenses, let me know if this is *somewhat* doable.

I have a couple of enlarger lenses - one a Schneider-Kreuznach, the other something else. I understand that these are M39 mount.

I have an M39 to M42 ring adapter. I also have one of the Pentax K-to-Q adapters, and a Pentax K-to-M42 ring adapter.

I would need something to focus it with. I do have a 2x Albinar "macro converter" that has a built in focusing helicoid.

So, I'm thinking this:

Pentax Q -> Q to K adapter - > Albinar macro converter -> Pentax K-to-M42 adapter -> M42 to M39 adapter -> enlarger lens.

Thoughts - besides the obvious "I'm insane"?

----------------------------------------------

Ok, I did it. It doesn't work. I can't get the lens into focus. I tried the above, tried it without the Albinar - and even put it straight on the K-01. No joy.

Ah well, it was worth a shot!

Last edited by babywriter; 03-29-2018 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Experimented, found out answer
03-29-2018, 03:20 PM - 3 Likes   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow! Yesterday's shot got explored and has got lots of views... Don't really understand what this means but it's very gratifying! 😀
03-30-2018, 12:53 PM - 1 Like   #96
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I just had a thought - any of you who have played with enlarger lenses, let me know if this is *somewhat* doable.

I have a couple of enlarger lenses - one a Schneider-Kreuznach, the other something else. I understand that these are M39 mount.

I have an M39 to M42 ring adapter. I also have one of the Pentax K-to-Q adapters, and a Pentax K-to-M42 ring adapter.

I would need something to focus it with. I do have a 2x Albinar "macro converter" that has a built in focusing helicoid.

So, I'm thinking this:

Pentax Q -> Q to K adapter - > Albinar macro converter -> Pentax K-to-M42 adapter -> M42 to M39 adapter -> enlarger lens.

Thoughts - besides the obvious "I'm insane"?

----------------------------------------------

Ok, I did it. It doesn't work. I can't get the lens into focus. I tried the above, tried it without the Albinar - and even put it straight on the K-01. No joy.

Ah well, it was worth a shot!
You could ask over in the Projector lens thread - The "Projector Lens" Club ... - PentaxForums.com - not sure I've seen anyone using a Q there, but might be worth a try anyway.

There's also a thread on adapted lenses for the Q somewhere, but that might be more for conventional lenses.

Oh, and I found this describing the use of an enlarger lens on a Q for macro (probably no infinity, then): Macro with Q & enlarger lens - PentaxForums.com
03-30-2018, 01:02 PM   #97
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Wow! Yesterday's shot got explored and has got lots of views... Don't really understand what this means but it's very gratifying! 😀
Congrats, enjoy the ride! It's good fun if nothing else

No wonder you get a lot of views - you hit it at #67, and with an image worthy of the rank! The Explore display is a pick of 500 images every day. Most of mine are in the bottom half and have gotten a lot less attention than the ones places higher up.

03-30-2018, 01:06 PM   #98
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, and I have missed several days now at the end of the month. Hope I'll do better for tomorrow and in April. Spending time with the kids and grandkis has been a good trade-off, though
03-30-2018, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I DID IT. (Sorry for the crap quality; I took a quick shot with my cellphone.)

What you're seeing here is a Schneider-Kreuznach Componon 105/5.6, three extension tubes, the Albinar macro converter, all mounted to my K-01.

I got usable pictures, too. Posting one for my "Daily In" a bit later. This is a VERY SLOW LENS (basically a 210mm/f11), but it does work. I can focus from ~3 feet to infinity.

Kinda stoked. This could be fun!

P.S. It does work on the Q, too, via the Q-K adapter. There are also major camera shake/stability issues, and a quality falloff, as you might expect. More testing needed.

Last edited by babywriter; 02-22-2019 at 05:40 AM.
03-30-2018, 04:42 PM - 2 Likes   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any of you fine daily folks that own a Q camera and would like to try the Pentax Pk adapter let me know and you can borrow it for a few months. I dont use it. Dont matter what country your in, just let me know.
It also has the tripod foot mounted.
03-31-2018, 01:17 AM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Congrats, enjoy the ride! It's good fun if nothing else

No wonder you get a lot of views - you hit it at #67, and with an image worthy of the rank! The Explore display is a pick of 500 images every day. Most of mine are in the bottom half and have gotten a lot less attention than the ones places higher up.
Thanks! I had no idea the explore shots were ranked. I have been enjoying seeing the views stack up. Unexpected but nice!
03-31-2018, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Thanks! I had no idea the explore shots were ranked. I have been enjoying seeing the views stack up. Unexpected but nice!
If you want to see this score you can use the Scout app in a web browser. Scout: Find your photos in Flickr's Explore pages.

Also, I got no shots yesterday and am getting sick today. I may still try but I think I'm done for the month. Thanks to all who commented on my work, it's been a very interesting month for sure. I'm out for April but will try to return when I can down the line.
03-31-2018, 09:05 AM   #103

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Also, I got no shots yesterday and am getting sick today. I may still try but I think I'm done for the month. Thanks to all who commented on my work, it's been a very interesting month for sure. I'm out for April but will try to return when I can down the line.
Feel better soon and hope to have you back soon too.

As I figured I am struggling too. I might have a better chance of getting a shot in today but I've been thinking that all week
04-01-2018, 06:51 AM   #104
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Get well soon! And hope to see you in May

My March started better than it ended. I choose to blame it partly on an unusually cold month. I struggle immensely with motivating myself to go out and shoot when it's cold. Hope to do better in April with the days quickly growing longer.

To sum up I don't think I got too many good shots, but I think it's the first time I've got four individual Explores in one single month At least two of them are rather meh, but fun nonetheless!

As always, thanks for all the comments! I appreciate those a lot, many of them giving me a laugh - and some of them may even nudge me on to making better images
04-01-2018, 08:20 AM   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks all.