Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 100 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2018, 02:51 AM - 1 Like   #61
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I'm on my way to that. Need to go thru them on APSC format first and it's going to take some time. Also I still need to find and shoot M35/2.8 and M150/3.5 at some point.

I've been wondering. If I accidentally happen to buy K1ii before my first round is done, should I keep shooting SIC with K5 & K30 or use K1ii on crop mode to finish the first round? The latter is more tempting, but it might give unfair advance to the last lenses on the round and results would be less comparable between each other. I'm also constantly learning so later lenses already gain advantage in that.

... accidentally.... lol...

04-12-2018, 03:38 AM - 2 Likes   #62
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
... accidentally.... lol...
Well... Yeah, you know. You are just innocently getting the feeling to camera in a store as part of serious research. Then suddenly your hands just refuse to let go of the camera and you panic and don't even notice when 2K drops out of your pocket on the desk. I've heard it happened to a lot of people with original K1. Or even worse as some had lens attached to it
04-16-2018, 11:40 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mid-month slump: nothing for the 16th, and motivation is low for what remains of the 17th.

Hopefully I'll come home with a wet sail for the end of the month
04-17-2018, 01:43 AM - 1 Like   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Missed the 15th, took lots of pictures on the 16th. Home now (17th) but have a funeral to go to. On a brighter note, the developed / scanned film images have come back so I will, hopefully, be posting those later today.

04-19-2018, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm back in Indiana with my stepdad. He's been moved to a hospice facility. I think we're looking at a matter of days now. Prayers appreciated.
04-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What exactly does B/selfies mean for this Saturday's theme. I get the selfie bit but not the B... Can anyone elaborate for me please.
04-19-2018, 03:30 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I get the selfie bit but not the B... Can anyone elaborate for me please.
The URBAN DICTIONARY has the answer

04-20-2018, 01:49 AM   #68
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Got a new computer and 4K monitor yesterday. Also time to step from Windows 7 to 10, so a lot to set up and to learn. I got my photo editors running today, so was able to edit and post yesterday's shot.

My old pictures look so small on the new monitor. For own use I need to start producing larger jpg's. Question is how large? Previously I have producet jpg's with 1440px height and it was plenty to go with fullHD monitors. 2100px would give nic 100% viewing with my viewer, but maybe it would be smarter to use all the pixels I got thought it takes a bit more disk space?
If I have understood correctly, Flickr limits the viewable size on free accounts to 1024px. Does anybody know if one get's better results downsampling to this size compared to uploading larger files? Do larger files slow viewing experience by longer loading times? What would be recommended practice here?
04-20-2018, 01:56 AM   #69
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have always posted to web (Flickr or Facebook) at 2048 on the long side, 72ppi and sRGB colour space.
Results have been OK I think.

In other news, I have been AWOL three of the last four days, so I think I should retire hurt (feelings) from this month's challenge once again.
04-20-2018, 07:30 PM - 1 Like   #70
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I'm back in Indiana with my stepdad. He's been moved to a hospice facility. I think we're looking at a matter of days now. Prayers appreciated.
Prayers coming your way!
04-20-2018, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #71
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
In other news I have been AWOL three of the last four days, so I think I should retire hurt (feelings) from this month's challenge once again.
But there are only 10 days left, Sandy, just take photos of Sammy.
04-21-2018, 06:26 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The URBAN DICTIONARY has the answer
Well, that's not happening!
04-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I'm back in Indiana with my stepdad. He's been moved to a hospice facility. I think we're looking at a matter of days now.
Very sorry! I've been there and it's not an easy time. The worry and grief is exhausting. Take care of yourself.

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
If I have understood correctly, Flickr limits the viewable size on free accounts to 1024px. Does anybody know if one get's better results downsampling to this size compared to uploading larger files? Do larger files slow viewing experience by longer loading times? What would be recommended practice here?
First of all, congrats on the new display! ^_^ As for me, with the anticipation of Flickr being a sort of back-up for me, and because family members occasionally get large prints from my Flickr, I always upload full resolution images without resizing. If they're oversized, Flickr does whatever they do via the viewer to make them display consistently within the site, BUT the downloadable versions are still available in full-size resolutions. (And no, this doesn't inform the issue that I had a few weeks ago regarding my Flickr images not looking as "crisp" as in Lightroom or Photoshop - I tested it!) I've never had a problem with Flickr's site loading slowly for any others' photos and no one's complained that mine are too large, so I think it's a non-issue.

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
But there are only 10 days left, Sandy, just take photos of Sammy.
This is a fine plan! Good suggestion. Do it, Sandy!

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Well, that's not happening!
C'mon! Be a sport!

Anyway, sorry I can't get myself together enough to post during the week. I promise I'll try harder! I have my shots saved up and it's a lovely rainy day for sitting at the computer, so I'm going to go see what I can do to get current. I hope I see lots of happy selfies for my real true birthday that was yesterday! ^_^
04-22-2018, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #74
Veteran Member

I`ve spent three days away from civilization searching for white-backed woodpeckers in the french Pyrenees and will not post anything until tomorrow evening at least.
Also, as I`ll be traveling abroad end of next week, any posting after the 26th is questionable but i`ll do my best. For the moment, this month`s lens is not on a packing list.
04-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #75
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
First of all, congrats on the new display! ^_^ As for me, with the anticipation of Flickr being a sort of back-up for me, and because family members occasionally get large prints from my Flickr, I always upload full resolution images without resizing. If they're oversized, Flickr does whatever they do via the viewer to make them display consistently within the site, BUT the downloadable versions are still available in full-size resolutions. (And no, this doesn't inform the issue that I had a few weeks ago regarding my Flickr images not looking as "crisp" as in Lightroom or Photoshop - I tested it!) I've never had a problem with Flickr's site loading slowly for any others' photos and no one's complained that mine are too large, so I think it's a non-issue.
Thanks. Added pixel density make shots look so much better. New computer is also a blast. Old wouldn't even been able to run that monitor.

Good to now that full size shots ain't a usability problem, but I really need to think some time this picture sizes thing. For the first time I start to think that bigger ain't necessary better. For some shots it's great to go full screen, but 27" at less than a 1m is quite a lot. Hard to look at the whole shot at one glance. Therefore some shots might benefit from smaller format. I'll keep on testing different sizes and hopefully manage to form an opinion at somepoint.