Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 75 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #31
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I'm in again. My participation with the themes will be sporadic at best; I'm planning to do some film this month, now that the weather is improving.
Good

My view is that themes should be followed only as far as they provide inspiration. If they don't, or worse, if they limit your creativity, forget they're there.

04-02-2018, 07:25 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
If they don't, or worse, if they limit your creativity, forget they're there
Last month I got majorly de-inspired by the splash theme. I have no idea why. Splash in theory seems great to me, and was loving what y'all were up to, but I just couldn't get into it. Yet found it hard to ignore too, so limped along with no wind in my sail for most of the week as I recall.
04-02-2018, 09:13 PM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Today I was hung up on verticals... Until I made a shot with almost none... Vertically. Lol. I'm trying to only use the theme as inspiration, it is hard.
04-03-2018, 02:32 AM - 1 Like   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I will try to jump in. My wife has been dealing with a disc problem in her back at L5-S1 and so I may be a bit more haphazard with regard to getting photos, but I'll try...

04-03-2018, 03:08 AM   #35
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I will try to jump in. My wife has been dealing with a disc problem in her back at L5-S1 and so I may be a bit more haphazard with regard to getting photos, but I'll try...
Good to have you in. But, ouch! Hope she'll get that disc sorted.
04-03-2018, 03:56 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Glad you're back in and here's hoping our wife's back issues are sorted out soon.

For today I'll be posting late due to the weather (will try to get a shot before the rain) and an evening meeting for work.
04-03-2018, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #37

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I've hit a rough spot and I'm not feeling to well. Spring has only sprung on the calendar and it is freezing here and we have no hope of seeing temps above freezing until next Monday, if we are lucky. So not feeling great and lousy temperatures has laid me flat and it will take a few days before I jump in, but I will.

04-03-2018, 06:20 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
I've hit a rough spot and I'm not feeling to well. Spring has only sprung on the calendar and it is freezing here and we have no hope of seeing temps above freezing until next Monday, if we are lucky. So not feeling great and lousy temperatures has laid me flat and it will take a few days before I jump in, but I will.
Hope you get well and your temps warm soon.
04-04-2018, 12:16 AM   #39
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry to hear that, but I understand well how you feel about the never-ending winter! At least we've got the daylight back, though

We're having some rain here for the first time this year. Should quickly eat away the remaining snow.

Hope you'll feel better soon!
04-04-2018, 02:51 AM - 1 Like   #40
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

my 'grey' shot from the 2nd hit Explore

04-04-2018, 04:44 AM - 2 Likes   #41
Veteran Member

Feel better Rod.

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Congrats! My shot from the 2nd did as well!
04-04-2018, 07:48 PM - 1 Like   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Congrats!
04-05-2018, 02:57 AM - 1 Like   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm going bush tomorrow for a long weekend. No mains power and my phone will have to act as modem, but not sure about phone signal either, so if my appearance is patchy in the next few days, you'll understand why.
04-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #44
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Another long day. I do have an image for today, but it being so late it will have to wait till tomorrow.
04-05-2018, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
I'm going bush tomorrow for a long weekend.
There is something marvelously Australian about that sentence...