Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 75 Likes Search this Thread
04-27-2018, 07:55 PM   #76

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I'm back in Indiana with my stepdad. He's been moved to a hospice facility. I think we're looking at a matter of days now. Prayers appreciated.
So sorry to hear about your stepdad I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

As for me I have been horribly sick and it completely killed off my April. It started with a chest cold followed by the most severe depression I have ever had to deal with. Depression isn't new to me but usually when it flares up I can cope with it and life soon goes back to normal.. This time it wasn't so easy to shake and I really had to fight to stop it from drawing me under. I am doing better now and by next week I should be ready to try again with May. I am so sorry for dropping off the face of the earth. Depression makes me withdraw and longer I stay away the harder it is to come back.

04-27-2018, 08:50 PM - 1 Like   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
So sorry to hear about your stepdad I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

As for me I have been horribly sick and it completely killed off my April. It started with a chest cold followed by the most severe depression I have ever had to deal with. Depression isn't new to me but usually when it flares up I can cope with it and life soon goes back to normal.. This time it wasn't so easy to shake and I really had to fight to stop it from drawing me under. I am doing better now and by next week I should be ready to try again with May. I am so sorry for dropping off the face of the earth. Depression makes me withdraw and longer I stay away the harder it is to come back.
Glad to hear you are making your way back. I fight with seasonal depression every winter, so I understand somewhat.

My stepfather did pass on a few days ago. I'm back in Indiana for the funeral, which will be Monday. I'm glad he's no longer suffering, but I miss him terribly.
04-27-2018, 09:07 PM   #78

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
My stepfather did pass on a few days ago. I'm back in Indiana for the funeral, which will be Monday. I'm glad he's no longer suffering, but I miss him terribly.
You have my heartfelt condolences. Loss like that is never easy to bear.
04-28-2018, 04:46 AM   #79
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

My condolences. Take care and cherish the good memories.

04-28-2018, 06:47 AM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So sorry to hear about your stepfather. Prayers and condolences for you and your family.
04-28-2018, 10:00 AM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been away on vacation and since the last Win10 my laptop keeps dropping my internet connection. At our motel I could not stay on for more than a minute at a time so posting photos impossible. I'm working to catch up though but missing Sun and Mon due to preparation/travel.
04-28-2018, 10:48 AM   #82
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like my mobile "broad" band drops from slow in daytime to near full stop in the evening when too many people compete for too few channels. Will probably have to wait till tomorrow to post today's image. Wasn't this bad last year, but my new employer uses another - and even worse - carrier.

04-28-2018, 10:56 AM   #83
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

As for me I have been horribly sick and it completely killed off my April.
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Good to hear you're better, though - and back with us! I have luckily been spared for severe depressions, but know well the urge to withdraw when being a bit down in the dumps. Worse in real world than on here, though.
04-30-2018, 03:29 AM - 2 Likes   #84
Veteran Member

I'm back in Indiana with my stepdad. He's been moved to a hospice facility. I think we're looking at a matter of days now. Prayers appreciated.
Sorry to hear that. Sending prayers your way.

Glad you're making your way back too. My daughter suffers from depression and as a loved one it pains me to not be able to fix it, so I do all I can to show her she's loved and supported when she goes through a bout of depression.

On a different note I've had 5 explores this month including both red bottle stopper shots!
05-01-2018, 05:24 AM - 3 Likes   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I got to the end of the month.

I had one explore,

Probably a lot more macros than usual due to it being spring around here.

Link to the album, Daily in April | Flickr
05-04-2018, 12:44 PM - 2 Likes   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a panorama I took on the 30th that has taken all week to stitch together. Probably trying for 27 shots was a bit ambitious for my first ever stitched together shot...

Cemetery.
by Mini Monster, on Flickr

Last edited by Minimonster; 05-04-2018 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Got it wrong first go!
05-04-2018, 01:33 PM   #87

Sorry but I am really behind with commenting I will work hard on catching up.

This afternoon I spent a little while getting an education on the Brenizer method. I know nothing in my current software catalogue can stitch anything together so I am wondering if any other Mac users can offer inexpensive options for giving it a try. I really can't afford to plonk down any money to try it when I suspect it won't see a lot of use. I know I can skip the theme - but in the spirit of the challenge, I at least wanted to give it a try.
05-04-2018, 02:53 PM   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry but I am really behind with commenting I will work hard on catching up.

This afternoon I spent a little while getting an education on the Brenizer method. I know nothing in my current software catalogue can stitch anything together so I am wondering if any other Mac users can offer inexpensive options for giving it a try. I really can't afford to plonk down any money to try it when I suspect it won't see a lot of use. I know I can skip the theme - but in the spirit of the challenge, I at least wanted to give it a try.
I use the el-cheapo cut-down Photoshop Elements for stitching; I've found it more reliable than full blown Lightroom. Hugin is a freebie and seems to have a lot of supporters. Occasionally Focussed used Rawtherapee on his Mac but any stitches don't spring immediately to mind.